Jump to content
    lomax61
  • Author
  • 2,985 Words
  • 9,230 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kissing the Dragon - Prologue. Prologue

A simple set-up, a simple murder made to look like suicide - the first of a series.

Scanning the dimly lit corridor of the motorway services motel a second time, the man takes a deep breath before rapping a leather gloved knuckle on the door to room 1201. Soft sounds of movement come from inside, and he plasters a copy of an airport purchased Spectator magazine against his chest. The door opens a fraction, wide enough for a pretty but baffled male face to peer at the publication before raising his eyes and taking in the man. After a moment’s evaluation the expression relaxes and, stepping back, the younger man swings the door wide. Without speaking, the man slips into the room as the door snaps shut behind him.

“It’s seven-thirty. You’re over an hour early,” says the young man. A statement: neither irritation nor judgement.

Lounging seductively against the back of the motel door he is offering the newcomer an evaluation. Check out the goods, so to speak. Apart from close-cropped peroxide blond hair, yellowing at the tip and darkening at the roots, and a badly executed tattoo of barbed wire around his right forearm, he is stunning. Eyes of emerald, aquiline nose and plump lips, he could have been a catwalk model had life’s fortunes been more favourable. Lean but not skinny, he has to be in his early twenties, lithe and well proportioned. Dressed in ripped denims and a simple tight white vest that does not quite meet his waistband, he knows how to dress for effect, to accentuate his toned stomach muscles and sex appeal. The man allows himself the briefest of smiles. Up close the younger man is far more beguiling than the promise of his online photograph. In person the disconnect is there, as always, the absence of warmth, the dark well of emptiness left by some private emotional betrayal deadening once beautiful eyes.

“Yes, I’m running ahead of schedule,” says the older man. “Hope that’s not a problem.”

“Not for me,” replies the lad, with a bored shrug. “You foot the bill. You call the shots. Out of interest, you don’t read that shit do you?”

With an enigmatic grin, the man squints down at the cover before rolling up and stuffing the magazine into his back pocket. Standing awkwardly next to the door, he scans the compact motel room: a standard layout of double bed with neutral blue duvet, pine desk housing a small television, white kettle and plastic ice bucket, and a matching blue plaid two-seater sofa. Two worn white towels are neatly arranged at the foot of the bed while condoms and a tube of lubricant lay on top of one of the bed’s white pillows next to what he assumes to be the boy’s mobile phone. Only the scratched and scarred white paintwork around the walls, the dark waterstains mottling the navy carpet and patches of nicotine jaundiced ceiling hint at the room’s misuse and tiredness. But the cloying warmth of the central heating comes as a welcome relief from the bite of a vicious winter’s eve.

“Paid cash for the room. So you’ll need to cover that too.”

“Sure,” says the man, reaching a hand inside his jacket pocket and pulling out a bundle of notes. “Let’s get that out the way. One fifty plus the room.”

“Unless you want overnight. Which’ll be another ton. Room’s paid until midday tomorrow.”

“No. I need to be somewhere tonight.”

“In which case thirty-seven for the room, plus one-fifty,” says the boy, staring levelly at the man.

With a quick nod, the man hands over a fan of fifties.

“Two-fifty. Cab fare and tip. Sure you’ll make it worthwhile.”

“Look,” says the young man, stuffing the banknotes into his back pocket and then folding his arms. “I don’t know if he told you but this is a favour. I ain’t been taking any new jobs. And just so’s you know, I don’t do bareback, chem, or any of that hardcore shit. Stuff like fisting, CBT, bondage, scat. Happy to role-play, if that’s your thing.”

“It’s okay. I’m an old fashioned kind of guy.”

“Vanilla?”

“If that’s what it means. What do I call you?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Hey, come on.”

“Sandy. You?”

Without letting on, he knows the boy has lied about his name.

“You can call me Black.”

“Black? That’s an unusual name.”

With a nonchalant shrug, the man grins but offers no more.

“Come and sit then, Black,” says not-Sandy, confidently strolling across the room to the small blue sofa and nodding his head at the spot next to him. After shucking off his bulky backpack, the man moves over and sits. Perched on the edge of the seat, he hugs the pack into his stomach, but allows the boy to lean against him and rub a hand along his upper thigh.

“First time?” says the boy, grinning.

“Something like that,” replies the man, glancing sidelong at him. “Got anything to drink?”

At the remark, the boy’s eyebrows flicker with uncertainty. He glances around the room, probably trying to locate a minibar. Even the man knows this chain of motels provides neither minibars nor fridges in the rooms.

“Don’t think this kind of outfit has booze.”

“No matter,” says the man, unzipping the backpack. He reaches in and begins rummaging around among clothes and other items. For a second he pauses, bringing out a small colourful biscuit tin secured by two thick elastic bands and, while still peering into his bag, holds the container out to the boy.

“Grab this for a moment.”

Not-Sandy hesitates, a frown of uncertainty clouding his face, before he reaches for the tin.

“What’s this?” he asks, turning the tin over in his hands.

“Just weed,” says the man with a frown before snatching the box back from the boy. “Helps me sleep.”

“Want to stay away from that shit,” says the boy, unimpressed, wiping the hand on the front of his vest as the man stuffs the container back into the bag. “First step down a slippery slope.”

“Thanks for the concern but I know my limits,” he says as he pulls out two miniature bottles of Beefeater gin and sets them on the coffee table in front of them. “Gift from a generous member of the cabin crew on my flight over. Gin, vodka or Baileys?”

Not-Sandy laughs then, a good sound, open and attractive. Only the bruised shadows beneath his eyes show a jadedness, a tiredness at the profession he has resigned himself to.

“Where you in from? You got a touch of an accent.”

“What do you care?” snaps the man, and then catches himself, irritated because he thinks he has masked his roots well. “Sorry. I hate my accent. My father was from Reykjavik. Mother’s from Nova Scotia. Moved around a lot with the old man’s job. Home’s here now. What’s your poison?”

“Nothing for me.”

“And make me drink alone?” asks the man, tugging back the hood of his grey fleece. “Not very hospitable.”

“Okay, okay. Give me a vodka.”

“Tonic?”

“Coke.”

Even as the boy speaks, the man produces two miniature bottles of Smirnoff from a compartment in the pack. Only as he sets them down does he notice the boy appraising him.

“Don’t get me wrong,” explains the boy, his eyes coming to rest on the man’s lips. “I appreciate the business. You’re a good looking bloke. Could pick up someone decent in a second in any one of them bars along Compton Street. Or is that not your cup of char?”

“Let’s just say I prefer discretion.”

“Understood,” says the lad, wetting his bottom lip with his tongue. Many of his clients confess to having wives or girlfriends at home. His motto has always been: any way as long as they pay, “Lucky me, then.”

With a soft snort, the man reaches back into his pack, moves a book and a few items of clothing around, before producing two miniature cans; one tonic water, one coke. He places both on the table.

“Don’t suppose you have any ice?” asks the man, knowing the ice machine stands at the far end of the corridor. The boy jumps up and, eager to please, grabs the ice bucket from the desk.

“Something I can do,” he says, making for the door. “Give me a few minutes. And for God’s sake relax. You look as though you’re getting ready to bail.”

A couple of minutes is all the man needs. While not-Sandy exits, setting the door on the latch, the man hurries to fetch two tumblers from the bathroom. With swift precision, he empties both bottles of gin and a can of tonic into one glass. After checking the lids for almost invisible pin-pricks, he arranges the two bottles of vodka and the can of coke unopened in front of the other glass. An evaluation made, he finally pulls off his leather gloves, removes his jacket and fleece, and places the backpack on the floor by the side of the sofa. Unbuttoning his silk shirt to reveal a well defined chest, he kicks off his unlaced boots, sits back and smiles out across the room.

Moments later the boy returns with the ice, his grin widening at the sight of the man lounging into the sofa, an arm thrown across the back, his legs crossed at the ankle resting on the coffee table.

“That’s more like it,” says not-Sandy, with an appraisal that stops at the man’s crotch. “Sure you even need a drink?”

“Help loosen me up,” says the man, this time patting the seat next to him.

Not-Sandy hurries to sit, snaps open the vodkas and the can of coke, and pours his drink. He scoops up and drops a fistful of ice into each of their glasses, then hands the gin and tonic to the man. Eyes on each other, they clink glasses, and the man pauses to watch as the boy swallows a good half measure of the bubbly brown liquid.

“Bottom’s up,” he says, raising his glass in the air once before knocking back his drink and sliding the empty tumbler back onto the table.

“That’s the plan. After you’ve finished the drink,” says the boy, with a glint in his eye. In a few swift movements, he knocks back the rest of his drink and slams the glass down onto the table. With that, he twists his body deftly and straddles the man’s lap. The man responds in kind, his hands pressing into the boy’s hips, grinding his buttocks into his erection. Not-Sandy runs confident hands down from the man’s neck into his chest, squeezing his pectorals and each of the nipples, before caressing his hands back up to behind the man’s head and grabbing handfuls of his hair. Yanking his head back, he drills his hot gaze into the man’s eyes.

“I don’t normally do this—,” says the boy, bringing his mouth down towards the man’s.

“No,” responds the man, rolling his head away to one side.

If not-Sandy is surprised, he shows nothing. Almost seamlessly, his lips find their way down to the man’s neck, his tongue licking upwards from the hollow of his throat and nipping at his chin. The man responds by bringing his hands up to the boy’s chest, feeling the hardening nipples beneath the material and teasing them with his thumbs. The boy leans backwards and grinds his backside into the man’s hardened cock, riding him like a rodeo cowboy. On the fourth grind, the man stands effortlessly bringing not-Sandy’s with him, the boy’s legs wrapping around his waist. After carrying him to the bed, he leans forward and arranges the boy down on his back.

“Get yourself ready,” whispers the man into not-Sandy’s ear, untying the legs from around his waist. “I need to grab a quick shower. Get rid of some of this travel stink.”

“Need a hand?” calls the boy, sitting up. The man scoops up his backpack, grabs a towel, and heads for the bathroom.

“Nope,” says the man, turning at the door. “Get yourself stripped and ready. Give me five minutes. And leave your underpants on.”

Once inside the bathroom, he locks the door and places his backpack on the basin, careful not to touch any surfaces. From the side pocket of his pack, he pulls out a pair of latex gloves and snaps his hands into them. After flushing the toilet, he sets the shower running and then sits down on the toilet seat. As an afterthought, he yanks out the puzzle book and begins to complete a full page crossword. Twenty minutes later he steps back into the room.

As anticipated, the boy has passed out on the bed wearing only tight red and white Aussiebum briefs, outlining his cock and balls. Uncertain about his level of incapacitation, the man slaps the boy’s cheeks a couple of times but witnesses not so much as a flicker of a reaction, just shallow breathing. After loading a pillow behind the head, to make the boy appear more comfortable, he stands back to appraise his work. Exhaling heavily, he peers down, spots the jeans on the floor and retrieves his banknotes. He also checks the boy’s pockets and all other items—shirt, jacket, satchel—but seems unsurprised when he finds nothing else. In truth he never expected the boy to carry something so valuable around with him, especially on an outcall. With those suspicions confirmed, he nods to himself. The boy’s older friend will need to be dealt with next.

After unzipping his backpack, he places the open bag onto the bed beside the boy. From the coffee table, he grabs the empty can of tonic water and gin bottle, and tossed them inside. Next he carefully washes and dries the glasses. Finally he returns to the bed, pulls out the battered tin from his sack, snaps off the elastic bands and prizes off the lid. Inside he has all the items he needs neatly arranged: tea spoon, hypodermic needle, small rubber hose, tea candles, matches, and, of course, a plastic bag of heroin. Three hundred and fifty milligrams. He scratches the light stubble on his chin while staring down at the boy. Even a hardened user could be taken out by that kind of a dose. Deep down, part of him disapproves of the method of disposal; too easy, too efficient and painless. But replicating an overdose using this particular victim will send the right message.

After pressing the boy’s fingerprints liberally on the each of the items, the man begins prepping the heroin. Once completed, leaving all the items carefully on the bedside cabinet within easy reach of the boy, he injects the solution into a clearly visible and accessible vein. The hose issue not even needed. Finally—because every artist should provide a signature—he shakes out the brand new green silk handkerchief, ties the material carefully around the boy’s wrist before placing the empty needle next to the body.

While stepping back to admire his handiwork, he removes the surgical gloves and stuffs them into his jeans pocket. Satisfied, he shrugs back into his other clothes, finally pulling on the leather gloves and backpack. In the voyeuristic age of ubiquitous CCTV, concealed above each street corner, into lift ceilings, at ATMs, in supermarkets and especially motels corridors, he understands only too well the importance of meticulous preparation and groundwork, of clear entry and exit protocols.

At exactly 10:45pm, with the hood of his grey fleece back up, he cracks open the motel door and peers out. The dim corridor stands empty and silent. Quietly clicking the door shut behind him, he strides to the nearest fire exit, where earlier that evening he has used his crowbar to nudge the camera to face the wall. He pushes the heavy bar on the door, and the exit gives way easily, a blast of chill wind welcoming him on the fire escape at the side of the two-storey building. After ensuring the door closes firmly but quietly behind him, he retraces his steps down to the ground floor and then along the back of the motel. With soft footfalls scrunching in the frozen grass, he passes behind the tight regiment of fir trees planted along the back of the buildings encircling the service station. Heading to his left, hidden from sight, he strides past the clatter of fast food kitchens and bank of dumpsters. A hundred yards on, he stops before the station’s toilets, using a wooden crate to climb in through the window he left open earlier.

Once he has flushed the surgical gloves, he emerges as he had entered, out from the third cubicle to the end of the row in the gents, removing the hand-written ‘out of order’ sign without any other patron noticing. Even at that time of night, the restaurants buzzes with travellers and he blends easily into the ebb and flow of bodies. Escaping through the main doors, head bowed, the hood of his grey fleece still up, he emerges again into the chill night air. Unhurriedly now, he makes his way to where he parked the generic black Honda in the parking lot three rows back from the entrance. Once there, he leans against the car door and checks his phone display: 10:57. After thumbing a message and waiting for three minutes, he pushes the send button.

-One down, two across finished. No token. You?

Almost instantly the phone buzzes with a return message.

- Nada. Place clear.

-Understood. Three across?

- Yep. Instructions to follow.

 

The man peers around the car park and expels a deep breath. With practiced precision, he snaps the back off the cheap phone, uses his thumbnail to remove the SIM card and drops the item into a deep drain. Clicking the cover back into place, he climbs into his car and drives out into the nighttime traffic.

Copyright © 2015 lomax61; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 51
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, that was grim! Looking forward to seeing how it fits with the rest of the story.

 

Welcome back! :)

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

That was a rather dark and ominous beginning.... :unsure2:
To echo Impunity, welcome back :) after Uninvited Guest, I've been waiting to see what you would do next.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 08/13/2015 09:14 PM, impunity said:

Well, that was grim! Looking forward to seeing how it fits with the rest of the story.

 

Welcome back! :)

Once you've managed a couple of chapter, I'd be interest to know if you think the prologue is needed. Hopefully the client does not give too much away here.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 08/15/2015 09:33 AM, Reader1810 said:

That was a rather dark and ominous beginning.... :unsure2:

To echo Impunity, welcome back :) after Uninvited Guest, I've been waiting to see what you would do next.

Hi Reader 1810 - dark and ominous is a contrast to the real book which I hope is more everyday and comfortable. Because being taken out of that setting later is the real force behind the novel.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A difficult chapter to read. I feel so sad for that young man. Terrible. Just terrible. But nicely written...

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

That was a powerful opening to this story. As usual your descriptions were so vivid that I could easily see the location just as if I had been there myself. I see no need to comment on the morality of the assassin or his craft; that is what they do, and this one is extremely skilled.I'm guessing that he and his team are looking for blackmail material that the boy and others are holding over some powerful individual. You reap what you sow. I look forward to the rest of the story.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great first chapter, Brian!

 

What a build-up. Who was the boy? Who's the guy who killed him? Why? All these questions. Lucky for me I'm so far behind, I get to read the next chapter right away. lol

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/12/2015 08:03 AM, Lisa said:

Great first chapter, Brian!

 

What a build-up. Who was the boy? Who's the guy who killed him? Why? All these questions. Lucky for me I'm so far behind, I get to read the next chapter right away. lol

Hi Lisa. Welcome back. This is a very different offering to uninvited guest but I really hope you enjoy it. The story is much longer and has lots of suspense so I hope this is your kind of read. Brian

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A dark entry. Promises an interesting read. I will not be commenting often on this story as it was first posted three years ago and, by the time they are posted, most authors are so (tired, bored, disgusted?) with their work, they don't check the comments unless they have left a "notify me" attachment.

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

A dark entry. Promises an interesting read. I will not be commenting often on this story as it was first posted three years ago and, by the time they are posted, most authors are so (tired, bored, disgusted?) with their work, they don't check the comments unless they have left a "notify me" attachment.

Fair comment, Will. This story is also undergoing an overhaul, although the essence of the story is still intact.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Does this response indicate that you will be reading comments and desire anything a recent reader might have to say - or not?

Will

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Does this response indicate that you will be reading comments and desire anything a recent reader might have to say - or not?

Will

I think you'll find that most active authors on GA will at least acknowledge a comment with a like, and getting a reply is normal too.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Okay, I got through half of the sequel before @Timothy M. recommended that I read this one first. While clearly set in the same world, there isn’t much to connect the two. Presumably, that will happen in later chapters…
;–)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Okay, I got through half of the sequel before @Timothy M. recommended that I read this one first. While clearly set in the same world, there isn’t much to connect the two. Presumably, that will happen in later chapters…
;–)

Sorry, late to replying to your question. The two stories could be read alone, but by readings his one first it’s easier to understand not only the characters, but how the relationship between the main ones developed. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is a bit dark, like WTF? why kill a young guy? there are some sickos out there

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It feels creepy to say this is a great start to the story.  However, Lomax is a master writer and that's just what he wanted to do.  The writing perfectly created a very dark and tragic setting for the beginning. The contract murder of a young gay hustler by a paid assassin in a cheap motel room sent shivers down my spine.  Not a nice feeling.  I definitely want to know what is going on and why the young man was murdered.  I hope this is solved before the other two targets have been taken out.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, raven1 said:

It feels creepy to say this is a great start to the story.  However, Lomax is a master writer and that's just what he wanted to do.  The writing perfectly created a very dark and tragic setting for the beginning. The contract murder of a young gay hustler by a paid assassin in a cheap motel room sent shivers down my spine.  Not a nice feeling.  I definitely want to know what is going on and why the young man was murdered.  I hope this is solved before the other two targets have been taken out.

Thank you so much for reading. But a word of caution. I wrote this many years ago and have redrafted many times (but not here). It’s still a story I hold close to my heart (you will see why later on, if you stay the course) even though it’s the first story I ever posted here on GA. I will be very interested in your feedback and observations.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, lomax61 said:

Thank you so much for reading. But a word of caution. I wrote this many years ago and have redrafted many times (but not here). It’s still a story I hold close to my heart (you will see why later on, if you stay the course) even though it’s the first story I ever posted here on GA. I will be very interested in your feedback and observations.

Just finished Chapter 1 and am definitely hooked.  I have read Naked Calendar and Heart of Black Ice and know I will not be disappointed.  I am definitely staying the course on this one.  I will do my best to provide good observations and feedback.  It's the least I can do for the wonderful stories you write.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..