Jump to content

Search the Skies on Christmas Eve

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

"May You Never Be Too Old to Search the Skies on Christmas Eve" - Anonymous

A Further Twelve Gays of Christmas Short Story

Rudy and Trevor return to Loch Arkaig for Christmas with new friends; two men who got together on a gay cruise; a celebrity chef who found love with his late best friend's husband; a baker and his tree-hugging partner; two older men who have been together forever; and finally, a doctor working for charity and his lawyer husband. All about to meet together on Christmas Eve, some for the first time.

 But, of course, my dear readers already know them well.

Copyright © 2019 lomax61; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Andre Delport

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Another masterful story from the author. A story filled with characters who have become almost like family, their loves, dreams, hopes and plans for the future. I, for one, would love, dream and hope that the author would give us more of these so true-to-life characters. The author never fails to delight and honour us with his superb writing.

Response from the author:

Thanks @Andre Delport,

For such lovely support and comments and reviews on my stories over the years. Safe to say that I have many other stories on the go with down to earth characters, some related to the previous stories. One is waiting in the wings until I have ten chapters under my belt. Watch this space.

Have a great Christmas.

Brian aka @lomax61

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Here we have Rudy and Trevor hosting there Christmas gathering in his father's lodge at Loch Arkaig, Scotland. He invites a dozen friends, these guests are couples that have appeared in other stories.

We get to catch up with Rudy, Trevor, Kieran, Kennedy, Tom, Marcus, Gallagher, Martin, Stephen, Anton, Rauf and see how they interact with each other and everyone else.

A truly fantastic story that can be read as a stand alone or you can read all the individual stories.

I highly recommend both the individual stories and this one.

Response from the author:

Thanks @chris191070

A lovely review, thanks so much reading and recommending. Now I just need to get cracking on something new for the New Year.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Brian

  • Love 4
Link to review
Former Member

· Edited by droughtquake

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

While it’s an advantage to have read the stories that introduced the six couples, you can easily and enjoyably read this story without having done so.
;–)

Once again Rudy is hosting his annual holiday gathering of a dozen friends in his father’s lodge in Scotland. This time, it’s a new gang with couples from Brian's other stories. We get to catch up on favorites and see how they interact with everyone else.

I wish I had friends like Rudy, Trevor, Kieran, Kennedy, Tom, Marcus, Gallagher, Martin, Stephen, Anton, and Rauf and you will too!

Spoiler

Trout does not appear in this story.

;–)

Response from the author:

Thank you, my friend, and a very Merry Christmas.

Most of the stories these characters are taken from are told from the other partner’s PoV (Anton in Uninvited Guest, Nathan in Naked Calendar) so it was good to give the other halves a voice. I only wish I’d had time to write a full Christmas novel, but maybe next year.

And as for Trout...hapless as he is, he probably got the address wrong. Maybe I need to revisit him and his antics.

Thanks again,

@lomax61 Brian
 

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..