Jump to content
    Fishwings
  • Author
  • 624 Words
  • 13,671 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I'm Not From Earth - 27. Twenty Seven

t w e n t y s e v e n

It's as if everything in Rover's life had led him to this point. Every memory became evident of their purpose. Every event, every laugh, sob, and scream of anger illuminated themselves in Rover's mind. Yet, even as they flashed, they paled and didn't seem to matter at all, for what he was experiencing from the very second that Slade started to lean in was far more beautiful, exciting, important and more fulfilling than anything that had ever happened to him.

At first, Rover couldn't respond, for the initial shock rendered him completely immobile, but before long, he melted, and soon everything around him was complimenting the impossible moment. The warm wind fanned at Rover, soft lights from the city below glowing soothingly through his closed eye lids, but he hardly noticed these factors as they couldn't compare to those iron butterflies soaring inside his stomach, fighting to get out. Nothing was comparable to that conflagration inside his chest, swirling and crackling; its heat so painful yet so gentle and warm that it brought boiling tears to his eyes. Nothing was comparable to the fingers that belonged to Slade, tracing the contours of Rover's neck and waist, bringing violent shivers that rolled throughout his body. And nothing could compare to Slade's lips -- far softer and sensual than they appeared -- and the depths of his mouth and the dimensions of his tongue. They were in a dance of new sensations so wild and strange and wonderful that Rover felt like they were both suspended in mid air with tornadoes sewn into the soles of their feet.

Time was irrelevant, but too soon it ended and they were holding each other tight. After Rover stopped seeing stars, the elation that coursed through him flickered and died, and he found himself trying hard to force down the sobs that had were suddenly wracking his chest. Stay under control, a small part of his conscious mind said to him, but he was unable for the rest of his mind could not function. His thoughts were in disarray -- he couldn't really think. He was attached to Slade's warm body, and he didn't want to let him leave. Rover's trembling hands traced the bones on Slade's face, the muscles of his torso, taking everything in for the first and final time, memorizing every bit he could. He stayed like that for awhile, tangled in Slade's arms, exchanging with him not a single word but speaking a conversation of touches and sighs.

A gentle tap to his shoulder, and Rover finally found the will to pull himself away, though his body ached for the need to be close again. His cheeks burned, and he knew he was reddening, but still he managed to stare straight into Slade's eyes without trembling.

"They're coming."

Rover's heart jumped, and he quickly turned around, surveying the landscape. "Now?"

Slade reached down, weaving his fingers with Rover's.

"I have another confession to make," Slade whispered urgently.

"What?" Rover yelped incredulously, "right now?"

"You know the afternoon of the day we met?"

Rover couldn't bring himself to try to remember, for he was busy wondering when the ship would come.

"Afternoon? Uhm, not really, no," he replied honestly, and he examined Slade's grave expression cautiously, slowly preparing himself for the worst.

"Well anyways, uh, I was the one who healed your head when you gave yourself a concussion on that Stop sign."

Before Rover had time to cover up his immense mortification by either yelling thought-provoking accusations such as, "so it was you who put me up the tree!", or to jump off the building and avoid confrontation altogether...

The darkness came.

*
 

Been lazy too upload this, but since Manumtz held me at gunpoint I think I shall get on with it and upload the rest wink.png. The next chapter will be up tomorrow.
Copyright © 2011 Luc Rosen; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..