Jump to content

What Might Have Been

   (1 review)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

Memories can be beautiful and painful. What they say is often true, “You can’t go back again.”

The song that inspired this story is "What Might Have Been" and is by Little Texas. The lyrics, properly credited, are at the end of the story. Listen to it sometime. It's a beautiful song.
Copyright © 2011 Luc; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 15,992 Words
    • 1,611 Views
    • 4 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Marty

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Highly recommended piece of literary reminiscence.

Lee made an eventful decision sixteen years earlier. Now, almost unwillingly, he finds himself having to face that past as his wife and young son unwittingly plan a holiday that will bring him back to the place where he made that decision. Not only that, but he will meet again Dean, the boy who had been responsible for the decision Lee made.

How that turns out, and how both Lee and Dean react to meeting again, is what this story is about, in which @Luc weaves the past and the present together to leave the reader feeling both happy and sad, and this particular reader reaching for the tissues on more than one occasion.

I would highly recommend this bittersweet tale to others.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..