Jump to content

Lost Soul - The Ox 1. Lost Soul The Boot

   (2 reviews)

We all like to know the back story to characters, you know their story before they appeared in a main story. Confused? You won't be when you read on, then it will make sense.

The Major features in The Boot and The Boot - Three Years On. Here he features in his own story, before The Boot.

There is a tissue needed warning!

This story has been revised and edited to improve the reader experience, it has not been altered in any other way.

The Major has a past as we all do, this is part of it. This is what made The Major into the man he is today. Be aware that The Major was a serving officer, like many serving officers, N.C.O's and enlisted men he has seen some action in the field and it's not always pretty. There will be references to violence and death but no graphic descriptions.
Don't forget the tissues!
This story has been revised and edited to improve the reader experience, it has not been altered in any other way.
Copyright © 2019 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A beautifully written sad story, Lost Souls-The OX, tells the backstory of one of the most delightful characters in The Boot series.  Major Ox is a most eccentric and lovable character, and this story gives much history of how he ended up at The Boot, a homeless shelter.  It is a stand alone story, but will be much more enjoyable if you read his HEA in The Boot series.  By itself it is a very moving story that I highly recommend. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, I appreciate your support and thank you for the review.

  • Love 1
Link to review
Former Member

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is an interesting look back at how and why the Major became homeless and received his nickname. Both of them, actually. It provides more details about one of the regulars from The Boot.

This is also the first in a series of stories about The Boot regulars.

This could definitely be read independently from The Boot and The Boot - Three Years On. But you’ll want to read the other stories anyway.
;–)

Response from the author:

Thank you @droughtquake for the review, I'm 'gobsmacked' lol.

There are more stories planned which will be coming over the next few months. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..