Jump to content

The Boot 1. The Boot The Boot

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance
OIG.bQ.wkCqaLQrTcSMm5b_Z.jpeg

This fictional story shows how people from different backgrounds can try to support others in a time of desperation, few real tales of homelessness have a happy ending.

It is written as a tribute to those who in the past and present have given and continue to give either time, money or other support to homeless shelters across the globe. Also in the hope that it will inspire others to do so in the future in whatever small way that they are able.

Can you help?

A brief period of events in a fictional night shelter for the homeless.
Most homeless people have been robbed of their hopes and dreams for the future. No matter what the reasons for homeless everyone is still entitled to have their hopes and dreams, to lose them is to lose the last thing of value that any of us can have.
Read weep and enjoy.
Copyright © 2019 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The Boot
    • 5,510 Words
    • 4,938 Views
    • 41 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A great story of care and understanding that makes you want to give each and everyone of the characters a great big hug!.  The Boot is a life raft for the homeless that is filled with care and respect for their clients.  The story is short, but the good feeling you are left with will remain long with you.

Response from the author:

Thank you for taking the time to leave the comments that you have left and leaving this review, it is appreciated.

  • Love 2
Link to review
Albert1434

· Edited by Albert1434

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A damn fine story! Perfectly written with great dialogue and description. Loving people who live to help others! Overall, a very believable story that I loved. I am sure you will too!

Response from the author:

Thank you for a wonderful review, Knowing that The Boot is still being read and enjoyed means a lot.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Marty

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Most stories about homelessness are told from the point of view of the homeless themselves. This story, however, is from the point of view of one who is simply doing what he can to try to help the homeless, making it perhaps unusual for the genre. It is, as Backwoods Boy has already said, an excellently crafted story, which draws the reader in from the very first opening sentences. It is well worth the read, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I look forward to reading more of Mancunian's writing.

Response from the author:

I can't believe that I did not respond to you before, I am very sorry for that.

@Marty thank you for the kind review, it is appreciated.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Backwoods Boy

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

This is an excellently-crafted story about homelessness and the silent compassionate heroes who do what they can to help.  The author has a gift for character and setting detail that brings colorful life to the tale.  The conversation and interactions produce a reality that connects the reader closely to each very-unique character.  One exits the adventure with as much hope for the future as Ian and Kevin have found.

Response from the author:

Our hopes and dreams are the most precious thing that we all have, I wanted to show that we can help return them to those that have lost them. Thank you for the kind review.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..