Jump to content

Adrift Premium

   (1 review)

Arad Ansari is a homeless street slug in the Grey District A-5 colony. Work is hard to come by and he has to compete with the animal/human hybrids called DemiShou, forcing him to make his way in less than savory methods. Getting off-planet sounds like a godsend, but fate has a way of complicating the best opportunities of a man with little luck.

This story is part of the flash fiction group Wednesday Briefers because I need a kick in the pants to keep a new story moving forward with my crazy schedule. I've been working on revising old stories for so long I needed a little fresh blood in the pan. Each week a new chapter will come out with a maximum of 1k words. Read them one at a time, save some up for a bigger read all at once. Whatever works for you.
Copyright © 2018 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 11
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 7


You must purchase Premium Content to access premium stories.

Recommended Comments

User Feedback


Carlos Hazday

· Edited by Carlos Hazday

   8 of 9 members found this review helpful 8 / 9 members

In his inimitable style, Mann takes us on a galactic joy ride aboard the Ansariland along with a fascinating cast of characters. Arad, a Gray District slug, hasn't had an easy life since being discarded by his parents. When Torrins approaches him in a bar and offers the young man a job as his cabin boy, Arad decides to take the chance to get away aboard the man's ship.

What follows is an incredible adventure involving smugglers, corporate hacks, and genetically modified men. Arad faces death more than once at the hands of unscrupulous individuals and although battered, shows a strong spirit. Will he find fame, fortune, and love? Or will he once again be discarded? You're going to have to read the story to find out.

Trust me, you won't regret it.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..