Jump to content

Little Man

   (5 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Little Man spends all of his time with Eric and his best friend Ogre. One college party is all it takes to complicate everything.

Copyright © 2012 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

  

A very good story of insecurity, passion, violence, re-emergence and love in it's different forms. A compelling read describing scenes in a way that draws you in and leaves you wanting more. This is a recommended read that I will come back to and read again, it deserves the five star rating I've given.

Link to review
IanDaniels

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Fantastic story, couldn’t put it down!

  • Like 1
Link to review
Timothy M.

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a story of strong friendships and of budding love which goes awry at times, due to insecurity, mistakes and the misplaced interference from other people. The main strength of Mann’s first story is the way he makes the characters come alive before our eyes and persuades us to like them in spite of all their faults and mistakes. I particularly admire the way he portrays the insecurities and fears of Little Man without once making him come across as whiny, feeble-minded or weak-willed. Clay doesn’t let his emotions rule his mind for long, even when they mess up his heart.

My only objection is the same as @Freerider mentions. I won't elaborate, but you can read my Improve and Encourage Critique of Little Man for specific details and more praise of this story. 

 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

· Edited by Carlos Hazday

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

It was definitely sweeter the second time around. Two plus years after reading Little Man, it was just as captivating as it was then. Three strong men as main characters make for interesting dynamics, but that is only one of the factors making this story so appealing.

If you're looking for stereotypical characters in a stereotypical romance tale you need to keep looking. This is an incredibly well crafted love story between the protagonists. And while the sex scenes described are sizzling, it's the tender moments between the three which show their love for each other.

Little Man should be read without distractions, you want to savor each line. I urge you to give it a try. And when you do, come back here and leave a note thanking me for the recommendation. You will love this story.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Freerider

· Edited by Freerider

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story starts off great. The gay main character finds himself in a hetero dominated environment. He is living a normal life. But there is a drawback. His insecurities, fears and the complications for his sex life are buried, maybe even accepted up to a point. That is the way he survives in his world.

The author has written a story that conveys the main characters feelings in an excellent way. The development of the characters is very true to life. No shortcuts. Really well written.
At this point I would have given this story 6 out of 5 stars!

 

However, towards the end of the story the author decided that extra drama was needed. In my opinion unnecessary and unfortunate. The 'reset button' could have been reached in a different way, more in line with the rest of the story. 

 

All in all an excellent story, which I wholeheartedly recommend!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..