Jump to content

Chronicles Of An Academic Predator 1. Chronicles Of An Academic Predator (CAP)

   (6 reviews)

This is the first story in the CAP series. It starts in 1962 and ends in 1963, taking in such seminal events as the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement, the Vietnam War, and the Kennedy assassination

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (15 members)

  • Action Packed 13
  • Addictive/Pacing 14
  • Characters 15
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 9
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

PrivateTim

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I am about to reread this story, I think some 20 plus years after I first read it. I discovered GayAuthors.org because of Mark. I started by reading his Bridgemont series because I'd read a similar series by author Patrick O'Brian (one that omitted all the fornicating that surely happened in His Majesty's Navy). I was reluctant to read the Chronicles Of An Academic Predator because I found the title off putting. Did I really want to read about a predator?

Apparently I did because I an now eagerly awaiting the 79th chapter of the 17th book of the Chronicles Of An Academic Predator series. Mark is such a talented writer because he has made me love and care about these people, JP and his partners and children and now grandchildren. It is funny how angry and perturbed I can be at a fictional character, but I suppose that is the point. They don't feel fictional, they feel like real friends or family members.

I'd encourage anyone looking for a great read with characters who are real and relatable, with tremendous insights on life and how events, both external and internal, can shape us, to embark on this adventure with JP Crampton and the Schluter families. You will not be disappointed and you have 16 more books after this to answer the question, 'I wonder what happened to (fill in blank with favorite character from a favorite book) after this'. With the CAP series you get to find out what happens to the characters as you follow them over a 42 year span and counting.

  • Love 1
Link to review
xrgt

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Incredible story, incredible author. Having lived through the late 50’s - early 60’s not only was his story an incredible tale, but it was period perfect. Nothing out of time-frame. A captivating read, a real page turner.  I look forward to the rest of his stories.

  • Like 2
Link to review
CincyKris

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is an incredibly well written roller coaster of a saga.  JP collects a colorful band of strays over the course of this first book, but don't expect a smooth ride!

  • Like 1
Link to review
mikemcb

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This begins one of my all time favorite story saga's.  Well worth the read.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Daddydavek

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

The first story in Mark Arbour's ongoing CAP series is all about JP and introduces some of the early cast in this ongoing saga.  This is the foundation on which the whole saga in its many twists and turns is based.  

 

Mark's story is what brought me to GA in the first place and his stories continue to be the most compelling for me as must reads!  The whole saga which now encompasses some 16 books may seem overwhelming, but trust me they are reads you cannot put down and keep drawing you in to see more.  

 

On a personal note, I am a contemporary of JP and Mark puts JP's story in the context of a history I share and so it is especially rewarding for me.  So given that caveat, I may be unfairly biased a bit, but notice how many followers and comments are made on the stories and you soon see that he has a host of fans.  

 

Take heed and read!  CAP is the beginning of the whole series!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
Zeke Pine

· Edited by Zeke Pine

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This review is about me. My surprise and joy to discover the quality of this tale. For me it stands among the greatest of, Circumnavigation and Bridgemont, stories that stir the heart and feed the mind.

Truly this also has created a universe that lives beyond this the POV of the main characters. Thanks for creating something spectacular.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..