Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 4,674 Words
  • 8,792 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Paternity - 11. Chapter 11

September 25, 2000

San Francisco, CA

Wade

 

“It’s a beautiful night,” Sean said as we left the building. “Let’s walk.”

“Sounds good. I need the exercise since I missed practice today.”

“You skipped practice, eh. Your team will be pissed at you.”

“Only the captain, but he’s my boyfriend.”

“Matt Carrswold,” he said. I raised an eyebrow. He’d done his research. We got to the end of California Street and hopped on the cable car for a brief ride to Chinatown. Chinatown always left me with the same impression: a mixture of the third and first world, heavily laced with the smell of fish and soy sauce. He led me to a pretty nondescript looking restaurant. “The food is good, even if it doesn’t look like it.”

“I trust your judgment,” I said. An old Chinese man greeted Sean by name, so clearly he ate here all the time. I made a mental note not to complain about the food. Not like I would anyway, since he was buying. As it turned out, there was no need to do that. The food was terrific. “This is wonderful.”

“I’m glad you like it,” he said, pleased that I liked his restaurant choice.

“So what do you know about me?”

“What do you mean?”

I tilted my head and looked at him knowingly. “You knew that Matt is my boyfriend. You did the research. What else?”

“I saw the article in the Daily where you came out. You seemed to be estranged from your family before then, but after that, you seemed to get closer to them.”

“How did you figure that out?” That wasn’t quite how or why it happened, but it interested me that he’d come to that conclusion.

“Your work on your father’s campaign. You spent your summer stumping for him. You didn’t do that before.”

“I’m older now,” I joked.

“At 14 you peed your pants or something and weren’t allowed out in public?” he joked back. “You have a sister and a little brother, and you’ve all but been adopted by JP Crampton.”

“Very good.” He knew more, but he wasn’t going there.

“So what do you want to know about me?”

“Well aren’t you narcissistic?” I asked.

“Duh. Look how hot I am.” He stopped himself, as he had fallen into normal banter with me, the banter of two guys having fun, and not an attorney with his client.

“You are definitely hot,” I said, raising an eyebrow and making him blush. “How about if while we’re eating, we pretend that I’m not your client, and you’re not my attorney. That we’re just Sean and Wade, out for dinner.”

“Then this is a date?”

“Do you date guys?” I hadn’t uncovered anything in his past to indicate that he was gay.

“Looks like it. So you didn’t answer my question.”

“You have two brothers and a sister, all older than you. You were raised in Minneapolis, which is why you talk kind of funny,” I recited. He did say his “o’s” like a northerner.

“Look who’s talking, Mr. Virginia twang.”

“Sho ’nuff,” I joked. “You graduated from Stanford, got your law degree from Harvard, and you’re bucking for partner at the biggest law firm in San Francisco.”

“You do your research.”

“I do. And you married a lady named Lisa, but you don’t have a wedding ring on and you hang out in Chinese restaurants with hot guys.”

He swallowed nervously. “Just one hot guy.”

“Who plays hockey, which is no surprise, since you’re a big hockey fan. You played in high school, but not in college.”

“What’s my favorite team?” he challenged.

“The San Jose Sharks.” He blinked. “You go to games when you can.”

“How did you know that?”

“It was a guess. You had a Sharks coffee mug.” He laughed and shook his head.

“Impressive.”

“You thought I was all looks and no brains, didn’t you?” I asked, and I was definitely flirting.

“You have both in abundance.”

“So are you married?”

“Not anymore.” He wanted that to be enough, but we both knew it wasn’t. He sighed. “It seemed so right when we got married. We got married before I was even out of law school, but that wasn’t really a problem. I got a job here in the City. She’s from Louisiana, and she hated it here.”

“So you got a divorce because she hates San Francisco?”

“No, but that was part of it. I was working a lot, and she was seeing other guys.”

“And so were you,” I said instinctively. It looked like I’d hit him in the face, and I immediately regretted it.

He nodded and said “yes” softly. I reached over and held his hand as a show of support, but he pulled it away in a knee-jerk reaction. He seemed almost in a panic.

“Dude. Relax. It’s OK. You’re safe with me.” He nodded again. I knew that to put him at ease, I’d have to talk about me, but with him, it didn’t really bother me. “I fought it for a long time. You can imagine why.”

“That must have been hard on you. Your father, a fire-breathing conservative leader in the Senate, finds out his son is gay. And you broadcast it in the press, probably to piss him off.”

“It worked,” I said with a smile. “Matt was already out, so it really wasn’t fair to him that I kept our relationship a secret.”

“You guys look happy together.” Now he was fishing, trying to find out about my relationship status.

“We pretty much are. We have a unique relationship.”

“Oh?” That had his attention.

“I love him a lot, probably too much. I really don’t think there will be a time when he’s not a major part of my life. But we have an open relationship.”

“That bothers you,” he said, trying to read me.

“I used to think that it did, but now I’m not so sure. This way, I can hit on hot lawyers in Chinese restaurants.”

“You’re hitting on me?” he asked, his eyebrow raised.

“I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t offend you. I’ll back off.” I knew he wasn’t offended at all. I wanted him to show some interest.

“I’d rather you didn’t.” That got him a smile. “So why is it OK that your relationship is open?”

“Matt is a total slut. He has a libido that won’t quit. He’s super-hot, and he’s totally focused on being a college student. If I tried to pin him down now, it would be a disaster. He’d feel like he was in prison, and he’d blame me. So this works for him. He loves me, and we’re amazing together, but if he wants to fuck around with someone else, he can, and he knows it’s OK.”

“Does he tell you when he does?”

“Sure.” That really didn’t bother me at all. “Usually it’s just sex, anyway. There’s one guy that’s been an issue, who’s playing mind games with him, and that’s caused us some problems lately.” I couldn’t believe I was telling him this.

“You’ve told me how this works for him, but what about you?”

“To be honest, if he was at a point to be monogamous, I probably could have been too. But after this deal with this other guy, I realized that I couldn’t and shouldn’t do that. I wanted the freedom to meet other guys and get to know them.”

“You couldn’t do that before? You mean he could fuck someone, but you couldn’t?” He was outraged at how unfair that would be.

“I could, I just didn’t. That’s what’s changed. Only I don’t work like him. I mean, I’ve gotten off with other guys, but I can’t go too far with a guy I don’t know and don’t like.”

“You sound like a southern belle,” he teased.

“I am,” I said, doing an accent that was reminiscent of Scarlett O’Hara. “So if you plan on trying to deflower me, you best know it will require some effort and time on your part.”

“That may be a good investment.”

“You have no idea,” I said, winking at him. “So what about you? You seeing anyone.”

“Dude, every guy in this City just wants to fuck. After the fuck, it’s over. If they call back, it’s just for a hook-up. I’m like you. I need more than that.” He sighed. “And it’s not like I have a lot of time anyway. I spend most of my time working.”

“I probably didn’t help things, keeping you busy all weekend.”

“No, dude, that was awesome,” he said, his eyes alight. “I usually end up working on cases for the partners. That sucks, because it’s like just doing piece work. It’s not my own client. Then you come along with a big challenge, and it’s so cool.”

“You really seem to like what you do,” I observed.

“I do. It’s just not easy building up a client base. If I want to make partner, it’s something I have to work on. I gotta tell you that having someone like you, a client of your caliber, walk in and ask to work with me is huge. It’s freakin’ huge.”

“I’m glad I could help out.”

“All the other newbies were green with envy. Old Man Hardwicke will make a big deal about it in our Friday meeting, and they’ll want to know how I landed a guy like you. I’ll get some serious face-time.” He paused. “I hope you don’t think that you’re not important to me, you know, your case and all.”

“Dude, I get it. I know how this works. Someday, I’ll be fighting the same battle.” This was the life of an attorney in private practice.

“So can I ask you a personal question?” I nodded. “If you’re gay, how did you end up with a son?”

“Tiffany wanted to get pregnant.” He already knew who Tiffany was from the papers. “She asked Matt and me to fuck her, so we had this awesome ménage-a-trois. She's a blast in bed.”

“So you like women too? Doesn’t that make you bisexual?”

“I like women, but men really get me going. I don’t give a shit what you call it. I know that I’ll always have a man in my life, because that’s the only way I’ll really be satisfied. But I like women too.”

“After Lisa, I’m not sure I can go down that road again.”

“Was it that horrible?”

“No, it was actually good. And we’re still friends; it’s not like we had this nasty divorce. I mean, there wasn’t shit to divide up, so no real arguments about money. Neither one of us could claim the moral high ground since we’d both cheated. We still talk about once a month. She’s back in Louisiana, dating a nice guy.”

We paid the bill and walked back to the office, skipping the cable cars. About halfway back, I felt the back of his hand rub against mine, a very subtle advance. This guy was probably a big player with the ladies in college, but now, in this world, he was a neophyte. When his hand brushed against mine the next time, I grabbed it, and held it. We walked along like that, holding hands, and I had to snicker to myself because his hands were so sweaty.

“You, uh, want to come upstairs?”

I nodded. “I need to get my stuff.” I’d left my papers in the conference room. He used his key card to get us through all the security except for the guard, who he actually had to talk to. We walked into the conference room and he shut the door. I smiled when I heard the lock click. I walked over to the windows and gazed out at the City below, with its flickering lights. “It’s beautiful.”

“From up here,” he said. I felt him next to me, felt his arm around my shoulder, and I reciprocated, putting my arm around his waist. I could feel him, feel the energy, the horniness inside of him. This guy seriously needed to get laid. I turned to him and put my hand on his cheek, gently guiding it toward me, guiding his lips toward mine.

Our lips met and he responded slowly, tentatively, and then the fire inside of him seemed to build up at an exponential rate. Before I knew it, his tongue was in my mouth, assaulting me, and he was pushing me back toward the conference table. He was moving fast, way too fast, but just like it had been with Gathan, I sensed how much he needed me. He let go of me, breaking our embrace, and fumbled with his pants, until finally he got them undone. He let them fall to the floor, and stood there, his hard dick straining against his boxers. I looked in his eyes and I could see the desperation in them.

I dropped to my knees and pulled his boxers down, letting his cock spring out from them. He had a really nice dick, one that was about six inches long, and on the thin side. His crotch gave off a tangy and pungent odor, one that was like an aphrodisiac, and one that mildly disturbed me because it smelled so much like Matt’s. I took him into my mouth in one quick movement and just held him there, much like I’d done to Matt the first time I blew him. Instead of bobbing up and down, I used my throat, cheeks, and tongue to stimulate him. He was so fired up, he came almost immediately, and damn near flooded me with his load. I sucked him dry, going on and on until he pulled himself out of me.

“That was awesome,” he said. He pulled me up and kissed me, and seemed to like that he could still taste some of his load. “Your turn.”

“You don’t have to,” I said.

“I want to.” I was kind of surprised by that. I’d figured him for the kind of guy who when he was done, he’d be done. Boy was I wrong. He pulled my pants down, and started sucking on me like he was a drowning man. I came pretty fast, much faster than I usually do, primarily because I sensed that his big mission was to get me off, but also because he was damn good at sucking dick. When I got close, he stopped sucking me and started jacking me instead.

“I’m gonna cum,” I alerted him, but he kept on stroking me. I blasted my first shot on him, on his face, and he smiled big as blast after blast landed on his nose, cheeks, or in his mouth. It was fucking hot, seeing his face covered in my jizz. When I was done he took my dick in his mouth again and sucked the last drops out, then scooped my cum off his face and ate it while he looked up at me.

He got nervous after a few seconds. “I’m sorry. I hope that was OK.”

“Dude, that was fucking hot,” I said. I made him stand up and kiss me again, and this time he was calmer, and it was a much nicer kiss. When I pulled away he chuckled and wiped my cum off my face. We got dressed, headed to the bathroom to clean up, and then he walked me down to my car. “So you going to bill me for that time?” I teased.

He leaned in and kissed me. “Yeah. You can afford it.” We both laughed. “When will I see you again?”

“How about this weekend? You want to come to a hockey game?”

“You’re playing on Friday night and Saturday, right?” He’d know, of course.

“Yeah. Come to the game on Saturday, and we can go out afterward,” I told him.

“Sounds like a plan.” I hopped in the car and drove out, stopping to hand my validated parking ticket to the attendant. The drive home was easy, which wasn’t a surprise since it was 10pm. When I got into Palo Alto, I called Matt to check up on him. There was a lot of noise in the background.

“Dude, where are you?” I asked him.

“Dorms,” he slurred. He was hammered.

“Want a ride?”

“Yeah. Fuck yeah.”

“Meet me out front,” I told him. I figured I’d have to go upstairs and drag his ass out, but he was there, swaying around, waiting for me. He fell in the car, cracking me up, and I buckled him in.

“Fun party,” he said. “Chitworth puked all over some whore.”

I laughed. “That dude’s never gonna get laid at this rate.”

“No shit. He’s got to be a virgin.” We laughed at that as we drove up to the garage and parked. I helped him walk down to our room, even as he staggered. “Bathroom,” he said urgently. I led him in there and he collapsed, kneeling in front of the toilet, and started vomiting his guts out. I smiled, shook my head, and left him there while I went to hang up my suit and get undressed. Then I got myself all organized for tomorrow, laying out my clothes and setting my alarm. The sounds of retching had stopped, so I went back into the bathroom to find Matt sprawled across the floor.

“Dude, get up,” I said, kicking him gently. He just moaned and moved a bit. I shook my head again and flushed the toilet, then started to take off his clothes. He moved his arms and legs around helpfully until I managed to pull them off. I paused to admire his handsome form, and then I started playing with him, tweaking his nipples. He moaned and spread his legs wide. I watched with a smile as his cock rose up. I moved my mouth across his body, kissing his chest, his abdomen, and then finally I got to his groin. I took his cock in my mouth and paused to consider how I’d just done this with Sean. I gave Matt the same treatment, just keeping my mouth in one place and using my cheeks, throat, and tongue to stimulate him. I felt his hands on my head, gently urging me on.

“Feels so good, baby,” he said. I pulled off of him and reached up on the counter for the jar of Vaseline. I lubed my cock up and pushed his legs back. “Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Fuck me. Fuck my ass.”

“You didn’t get laid tonight?” I asked as I slid into him.

“Now I did,” he said. I laughed, then got down to business, and fucked him until I came, then reached down and jerked him off while I kept my dick lodged in his ass. I stood up and he tried to do the same thing but he was having trouble. I laughed at him even as I helped him up. When he tried to kiss me, I pushed him to the sink.

“Brush your teeth, puke-breath.” He belched in my face, grossing me out, and cracking both of us up. He brushed his teeth and we went to bed. He passed out, while I drifted off to sleep.

 


 

September 26, 2000

Stanford University

Palo Alto, CA

Wade

My ringer was turned off, but I’d felt my phone vibrating throughout my morning classes. It’s buzzing sensation in my pocket had been mildly distracting. I had a lunch break, then two more classes in the afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursdays were going to be a bitch. I pulled my phone out and checked my messages while I was walking to the cafeteria. One was from Matt, confirming that he’d meet me there for lunch. The next was from my mother, curtly asking me to call her. The final message was from Sean, asking me to contact him. I called Sean first.

“Hey Wade,” he said cheerfully. “I just wanted to let you know that we faxed those documents to your mother this morning.”

“Since she left a message on my phone, I’m assuming that she got them,” I told him as I chuckled.

“Look, I’m not going to tell you that you can’t talk to her, but if she tries to get into details on this stuff, refer her to me.”

“I’ll do my best,” I said, knowing that what he asked was probably impossible.

“I had fun last night.”

“So did I,” I said, and knew I was grinning like an idiot as I said it.

“I’m looking forward to Saturday.”

“Me too,” I said, and meant it. I hung up the phone and called my mother. She answered on the second ring.

“Wade, I’ve been waiting to hear from you,” she said, agitated.

“Well, Mother, I’ve been in classes all morning, and I’m on my way to lunch. I called you as soon as I could.”

“I received a most interesting fax from your attorney. I didn’t even know you hired an attorney.”

“Well now you do,” I said just as curtly.

“You really think that I’m going to release Daddy’s trust to you?”

“I know you are. Not only are you going to release it, you’re going to do it this week.”

“Do you think you’re capable of handling that big of a trust? I’m not sure you are. I’m not sure the courts would think so either.”

“I think they would enforce the agreement. But if you want to make a big issue out of this, I’d be more than happy to dial up a press conference.”

“That’s not funny, Wade.”

“Mother, it’s my money, and I want it. By Friday. Do we understand each other,” I said rudely.

“Daddy would never have planned for you to have control of that money while you were still in college. I’d be willing to agree to turn it over to you as soon as you graduate.”

“Mother, the trust is the trust, and you really have no say about it at all. This isn’t negotiable.”

“I’m not going to allow the bank to hand it over to you. You and your lawyers can rage about it all you want.”

“My lawyers and I are going to explain, in the courtroom and in the press, that I don’t want my money being managed by a recovering alcoholic.” I knew that was cruel, and I felt bad saying it, but I’d learned a long time ago that you couldn’t pull any punches with my mother.

“You wouldn’t do that!” she almost yelled.

“If you were in my situation, would you?” I asked. There was a very long silence.

“Fine, Wade. That’s fine. You can have your money.” And she hung up the phone. She was pissed off, and dangerous, but I’d won this round and she knew it. I walked into the cafeteria in a very good mood.

“Hey,” Matt said from behind me.

“Hey,” I said cheerfully. “You were fun last night.”

“I was,” he said, being all cocky. We stood in line and got food, then found a table off in the corner. “You trying to be all romantic?”

“I have some news for you. I wanted to tell you about my meeting with my lawyer.”

“Is he hot?”

“Very.” He looked a little concerned.

“Did you fuck him?”

“No, I just blew him,” I said. He looked at me funny, and then laughed.

“Dude, I hope you get a discount on your bill.”

“If he charges me more, does that mean I was good or bad?” We were laughing about that when Carl came up.

“Mind if I join you?”

Matt was about to say that it was OK when I jumped in. “Actually, now isn’t a good time.”

“Fine,” he said, acting all hurt. He wandered off to find some other guys to sit with.

“That was pretty raw,” Matt chided.

“Look, I want to fill you in on this stuff, and I’m in class all day. This is the only time I have. If you don’t want to know what’s going on, then call him back over here.”

“No, I get it,” he said resignedly. I kind of expected him to glance over in Carl’s direction, as if he were pining away for him, but he didn’t.

“Did you fuck him yet?” I asked, wondering if that was why. He glared at me. “Dude, I told you I blew my lawyer. I’m just asking.”

“No, I didn’t do shit with him. We’re just friends.”

“You mean you’re not messing around with him anymore?”

“We’ll see,” he said. I stared at him, demanding more. “I listened to what you said, alright?” He was frustrated. “I’m going to keep some distance between us in case you’re right.”

“Thanks,” I said, and felt my heart swell. He could learn. He could get there.

“So besides blowing him, what happened with your lawyer?”

“He told me that I’m really fucking rich.”

“So what’s new? You were already fucking rich; you just couldn’t get to the money.”

“How much do you think I’m worth?”

He pondered that. “Last time you told me, it was about $200,000,000.”

“Chump change,” I said. “Add $400,000,000 to that number.”

“Holy shit. You’re like Stefan. You’re super-rich and a great piece of ass.” That was pretty funny. “Wait, that doesn’t do you any good unless you have control of it.”

“Ah, but I do,” I told him. I explained my conversation with Sean, and told him about my little chat with my mother this morning.

“Dude, that’s great news,” he said. “You’re gonna make practice today, right?”

“Nah, I’m gonna buy an NHL franchise and have those players sub for me,” I joked. He laughed with me. “I’ll be there, just a little late. My class ends at 3:15.” Practices started at 3:30.

“We’ll be waiting for you.” We walked out together, laughing and joking. I don’t think Matt saw him looking at us, but I saw Carl glaring daggers at us as we left. I shrugged to myself. He should have known better than to mess with me in the first place.

Practice actually turned out to be fun. Gathan and Klip were happy to see me, and to tell me how much they loved the television. Carl tried to check me into the boards a couple of times, but he was so slow and clumsy he ended up plowing into them on his own, and making an ass of himself. I was in an excellent mood when I got home. I headed down to see Tiffany and Riley.

“How are you today?” I asked her in an upbeat way.

“Dandy,” she said coldly.

“Is that better than peachy keen, or worse?” She wanted to be bitchy, but I was making her chuckle.

“I think it’s worse.”

“I’m going to have shitloads of money after this Friday.”

“I thought you already had shitloads of money.”

“I do,” I told her. “But I’ll actually have it, as in I’ll have control of it.”

“Good. I want you to buy me a house on a tropical island far away from all of these fucking people.”

“Wait a minute,” I said, being all serious. “These people have been fucking? Which people?”

“Smart ass,” she said, but smiled.

There was a knock at the door, and that heralded the arrival of the nurse, carrying Riley. I took him from her and held him in my arms. “How’s it feel to be the richest infant on the planet?” I joked. He cried, which made Tiffany and me laugh. I handed him off to her, and he only shut up when she let him suck on her tit.

“You see, men will trade all kinds of money for a boob,” she joked.

“You don’t know men very well.” She gave me an inquisitive look. “When he’s done with the boob, he’ll want the money. It’s only a temporary fixation.”

Copyright © 2013 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 6
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's only a temporary fixation.

Another great ending line in a well written chapter. I really enjoyed it. Somehow though, I think Wade's mom will still give him grief.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Tiffany, I wish you the best of luck in trying to raise a normal, well-adjusted son who can relate to people outside of his own class.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I agree with Daddydavek - another great chapter and I'm sure we haven't heard the last from Wade's mom. We've only seen "shots across the bow" - oops wrong story for that phrase!

 

LOL

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/11/2012 12:13 PM, Daddydavek said:
It's only a temporary fixation.

Another great ending line in a well written chapter. I really enjoyed it. Somehow though, I think Wade's mom will still give him grief.

I don't think anyone who knows Elizabeth Danfield is grief-free.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 01/11/2012 12:37 PM, methodwriter85 said:
Tiffany, I wish you the best of luck in trying to raise a normal, well-adjusted son who can relate to people outside of his own class.
Tiffany is unable to respond. ;-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/11/2012 12:55 PM, KevinD said:
I agree with Daddydavek - another great chapter and I'm sure we haven't heard the last from Wade's mom. We've only seen "shots across the bow" - oops wrong story for that phrase!

 

LOL

Another mistake like that and you'll have to kiss the gunner's daughter! ;-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/11/2012 03:54 PM, DannySilz said:
Mark, I loved this chapter! Thanks Bud!
I'm glad! Sorry it took me a little longer to post.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Interested to find out who Tiffany is mad at and why. Fun chapter though, I hope Wade isn't making a mistake revealing to too many people his status.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Elizabeth Danfield will not give put up so easy. A while back Mark dropped a hint that it was not Rily's paternity only in question. It seems to me that the only way Elizabeth could stop the transfer is if Wade was not her son or not really a Danfield. Could Elizabeth have had sex with her brother? The brother who died. If that is true she could force Wade to stop his lawsuit be saying she would release the trust after graduation. If he did not he'd lose the whole trust. Half a billion dollars is a lot of motivation. Wade does have the tape. If the Senator doesn't get reelected Elizabeth would loose most of her power. Of course she could send Brad to prison. Only time will tell.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 01/12/2012 04:11 AM, rjo said:
Elizabeth Danfield will not give put up so easy. A while back Mark dropped a hint that it was not Rily's paternity only in question. It seems to me that the only way Elizabeth could stop the transfer is if Wade was not her son or not really a Danfield. Could Elizabeth have had sex with her brother? The brother who died. If that is true she could force Wade to stop his lawsuit be saying she would release the trust after graduation. If he did not he'd lose the whole trust. Half a billion dollars is a lot of motivation. Wade does have the tape. If the Senator doesn't get reelected Elizabeth would loose most of her power. Of course she could send Brad to prison. Only time will tell.
I think Elizabeth knows when to cut he losses. She'll probably cave on this, and just sharpen her claws for next time.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2012 03:29 AM, PrivateTim said:
Interested to find out who Tiffany is mad at and why. Fun chapter though, I hope Wade isn't making a mistake revealing to too many people his status.
Status?
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well, if you believe that Elizabeth is going to give up that easy, you don't know her or Mark... I can see fireworks in the future...

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Seeing as I've read this before, I would think that Elizabeth would want to avoid provoking Wade...but her arrogance is her Achilles heel.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

"Kiss the gunner's daughter", thanks to an author name Mark, I know the meaning of that nautical  phrase. Speaking of which -- is our favorite sea Captain still stick up in the Gulf of Finland -- I think his crew is going to get mighty cold there, even though the Captain has an iron stove to keep his cabin warm?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 1/11/2012 at 9:31 AM, Mark Arbour said:
On 1/11/2012 at 8:29 AM, PrivateTim said:
Interested to find out who Tiffany is mad at and why. Fun chapter though, I hope Wade isn't making a mistake revealing to too many people his status.

Status?

Richer than Croesus. It is one thing when people think you are well off, but attitudes change when they find out you have FU money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Here is a fun project for your team.... in all the chapters of CAP (1,500? 1,800?), in how many chapters do characters puke (500? 800?)?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 8/11/2023 at 11:25 PM, PrivateTim said:

Here is a fun project for your team.... in all the chapters of CAP (1,500? 1,800?), in how many chapters do characters puke (500? 800?)?

That is probably a reflection of the author’s own drinking experiences. 😀

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..