Jump to content

Sink the Bismarck

   (3 reviews)

This is the story of the sortie and sinking of the German Battleship Bismarck in 1941, as seen from the eyes of a British officer on board HMS Suffolk.

Note: This story and many of the characters in it are fictional, but I have tried to be as true to the historical events as possible.
Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Story
    • 11,456 Words
    • 4,624 Views
    • 6 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Will Hawkins

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I have followed several of Mark Arbour's longer story lines in the last few years from my isolation in the Brazilian 'outback'. In all my reading on Gay Authors, I have not encountered another author who has exceeded or even equaled Mark's ability. His work has been consistantly creative and his ability to tie his characterizarions into real historical events gives his writing an immediacy that is truly outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend any of his works to a critical readership, knowing that they will be well satisfied with his ability to tell a tale.

Mr Will

  • Like 1
Link to review
Daddydavek

· Edited by Daddydavek

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Many readers know of Mark Arbour's legendary serial stories about Granger and his exploits at sea in the late 18th and into the 19th Centuries as well as his other multi-volume CAP history set in the 20th and 21st Centuries.  However, this gem is a stand alone story and it is extremely well done and is one of my favorites.  As noted in the intro Mark provided, it is a first hand account of the sinking of the Bismarck.  Without revealing any more than that, I can say it captures the drama and intensity of a wartime naval encounter.  ENJOY!

 

  • Like 2
Link to review
Brayon

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The historical nature of this story, made it pop for me. It flowed well, and seamlessly. Painted a vivid picture, and I almost felt like I was onboard the ship.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..