Jump to content

Empty, Open, Dusty, Dead 4. Fort Weyr - Eighth Pass

   (3 reviews)

Shortly after the end of the Eighth Pass, five of the six Weyrs on Pern are found empty. Zalna, a junior weyrwoman at Benden Weyr, tries to discover what might have caused all the other weyrfolk and dragons to disappear and where they could have gone.

©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2021 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 11
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 6
  • Cliffhanger 7
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 11

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Mawgrim has created a truly wonderful story with this one in his Dragonriders of Pern series.  I never even thought of this material when the series started.  

What happens to those that are left behind.  They know something monumental has happened but not what.  Do they work to find out or just accept what is?  

Zalna was one of my favorite characters from the couple of stories preceding this one and she did not disappoint in this one either.  

Was exceptionally well written and truly flowed wonderfully.  What did Zalna discover?  Read this wonderful addition to the story and find out...

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
drsawzall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another fascinating glimpse into the world of Pern, giving us a better understanding of the larger world of the Dragonriders!

Exceptionally well written it will grab your attention quickly and captivate your imagination.

Be sure to read the prior stories in this series first!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This lovely Pern story is set in Benden Weyr after the disappearance of the 5 other weyrs.  Zalna and T'sin wonder what has happened to their friends, but more important worry about how well the dragonriders of Benden will be able to protect Pern during the 9th Pass of the red star.  The story has many adventures and details that make it an authentic recreation of the original Pern stories.  A great read if you love Pern.  Mawgrim's writing style and skills make this a moving and engaging read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..