Jump to content

First Flight 2. Ninth Pass Pern

   (3 reviews)

H'rek's Rioth is mature enough for her first mating flight, but he's not at all certain how he feels about that.

©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2020 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 06/24/2020 (Updated: 06/24/2020)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 3,716 Words
  • 5,603 Views
  • 10 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,716 Words
    • 2,063 Views
    • 10 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

  

This is the second short story of the 9th Pass of the red star.  It focuses on H'rek, a young dragon rider in Southern Weyr who experiences his first mating flight.  Brief story, but gives an insight to this characters and his struggle to come to terms with his sexuality.  

  • Like 1
Link to review
centexhairysub

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This was a little different; mostly because it dealt with the first time a green dragon rose and how it's rider dealt with that occurrence.  Once again, writing and pacing was really well done.  H'rek is a character that we know and we get to find out what happens with the first mating flight.  We experience his reaction to it and the events leading up to it.  

This just helps build toward the next chapter in this new series.

  • Like 2
Link to review
Cadude145

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I am such a Dragon Riders fan that I thoroughly enjoyed the story.  I'm hoping for more even though it says complete. 
 

My personal opinion is there could be more depth in the mating flights. Though I understand why the author went the way he did on a first flight.

 

More please

 

  • Like 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..