Jump to content

Gone Away, Gone Ahead 4. Ninth Pass Pern

   (5 reviews)

The Eighth Pass is over. At Fort Weyr, D’gar, Herebeth’s rider faces the future without his weyrmate, lost to Thread just two Falls before the last.
When Lessa brings the five Weyrs forward to the beginning of the Ninth Pass, he must face his fears, try to adapt to an altered world and take the risk of falling in love all over again.

©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2020 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 06/27/2020 (Updated: 02/15/2021)
  • 45 Chapters
  • 196,310 Words
  • 110,743 Views
  • 496 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (15 members)

  • Action Packed 11
  • Addictive/Pacing 13
  • Characters 14
  • Chills 6
  • Cliffhanger 8
  • Compelling 7
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 10
  • World Building 10

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CincyKris

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Whether you are a fan of Pern, or even of fantasy, you will find a wonderful, exciting, heartfelt, and fun adventure.  Sadly, Mawgrim has passed on and we will no longer be the beneficiaries of his great writing.  The characters are complex, the writing is superb, and this has one of the most fantastically hated villains I have read.

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I grew up reading and cherishing the beautiful world of Pern as created by Anne McCaffrey.  Although Anne approved of fan-fiction, I was hesitant to begin this series.  However, Mawgrim has recreated sparkling new stories that are faithful to the cannon in every respect.  Mawgrim is an excellent storyteller and crafts these tales that are compelling, grabbing your emotions as you enjoy the adventures of his characters.  Gone Away, Gone Ahead is an exciting tale told by a young dragon rider of the end of the 8th Pass who travels with the 5 lost weyrs into a very different world of Pern in the 9th Pass.  You will be caught up in his love, sadness, successes and danger as he helps Pern survive.  I highly recommend this to all people who enjoy a great read.

  • Love 2
Link to review
drsawzall

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Never having been a fan of this genre, I can't help but confess how much I fell in love with this and the other related tales so graciously offered by Mawgrim.

I am new to stories of Pern by Anne McCaffery and am so pleased to have taken the chance to read the initial chapter by Mawgrim. As well told as a series as you will find, thoroughly enjoyable to follow ,as you become enticed by the richness of a whole new world opening up for you to explore.

Well worth the time to read, you will be glad you did!!!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
centexhairysub

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

An interesting addition for those of us that enjoy not just the Pern stories but fantasy stories in general.  Well written and the story in general flowed very well.  Character development was first rate and the writing evoked an emotional response from me on more than on occasion.  Story had a little bit of everything that makes a fantasy story work; and was faithful to the Dragonriders of Pern series by the beloved author Anne McCaffery.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A most enjoyable tale. While grounded in the original stories, it stands well on its own. I think McCaffrey would have approved.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..