Jump to content

Hidden Secrets

   (8 reviews)
Genres: Romance, Paranormal
hidden-secrets.jpg

Terry Young has just been appointed as chief projectionist in a run-down old cinema. But from day one he has problems. Resentment from the man who thinks he should have got the job. An undeniable attraction toward his general manager, Dan. And the re-awakening of psychic abilities indicating something is hidden under the building.

This story is set in 2005, modern enough for there to be mobile phones and Internet access, but still within the timeframe when cinemas like the Regal, with a crew of projectionists running film still existed.

Copyright © 2022 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (26 members)

  • Action Packed 17
  • Addictive/Pacing 21
  • Characters 25
  • Chills 13
  • Cliffhanger 11
  • Compelling 20
  • Feel-Good 8
  • Humor 11
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 15
  • World Building 10

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luke Past

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I enjoyed this story 🙂

Mystery and intrigue in a nostalgic setting of cinema when it was still film projection.

The plot builds over several chapters and kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
pvtguy

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is such a well-crafted story of intrigue, murder, mystery, love and spiritualism.  Having waited until it was completed so I could read the whole thing at my own pace, I must say I found it difficult to put down even when my eyes said "time" for the day!  The descriptions are such that one feels as though they are present and watching the action without being seen themselves.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
dachcr

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A well-written story with just the correct combination of love and intrigue. Cannot go wrong in reading this story.

  • Like 4
Link to review
johnnyboy2285

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I haven't read in a long time a story placed so unequally and with such interesting characters.

Oh, and the mystery... 😉

  • Like 7
Link to review
drsawzall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A truly well crafted murder mystery that will keep you guessing right up to the end as to the motives and means.

If you have ever walked into a room or place, and felt the odd sensations causing the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up, felt a cold spot, where it shouldn't be...than this richly, well crafted tale is for you!!!

Put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and start reading, you won't be disappointed!

Response from the author:

Thank you. I tried to put in enough twists, turns and red herrings to keep readers guessing and it looks as if I succeeded.

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to review
Mrsgnomie

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This was a really great story! It has everything you want in a thriller. Nothing is given away too easily, it's well paced, lots of twists, with a perfectly satisfying end. A definite read. 

Response from the author:

Thank you. Plotting this story's twists and turns wasn't always easy, but it's good to see that readers enjoyed it and it kept them guessing.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
centexhairysub

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A wonderfully written and developed story full of chills, twist and turns, and some true romance.  Characters, even the secondary ones, are wonderfully and fully developed.  The touch of the supernatural gave the story a feeling of tension that added the perfect edge to it.  The twist and turns keep you guessing right through to the end; and they are all so plausible and unlike so many actually make sense.  The romance rings true and blossoms beautifully.

A wonderful story to read on a rainy day looking out the window, being glad to be inside.  

Response from the author:

I feel truly honoured @centexhairysub that you gave me a five star review for this story. I was proud of it anyway, but that's the icing on the cake!

 

  • Like 8
  • Love 2
Link to review
Mancunian

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A well written crime thriller/whodunit with more than a hint of the supernatural thrown. There are enough twists in the plot to keep you guessing, this makes it appealing and a pleasant read. Definitely one to come back to.

Response from the author:

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 8
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..