Jump to content

Lottery

   (5 reviews)
Genres: Horror, Romance

Nat lost touch with former friend and lover Grant after they finished university. He knows from Facebook that Grant inherited a farm in the country and married the 'Lord of the Manor'. So why has he received an invitation to a mysterious local event in aid of the recent flooding? Could there be trouble in paradise?

Copyright © 2021 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 6
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 5,458 Words
    • 1,885 Views
    • 28 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

  

If you're looking for an intriguing story that a little spooky and will keep you enthralled and on the edge of your seat the entire time, this is it.  This isn't a typical lottery and no one will win a huge sum of money, and you may be surprised by what the winner of the lottery gets. 

Link to review
raven1

  

A chilling story efficiently and effectively written to give you the shivers.  A delightful buildup in tension that has you sitting on edge the entire time.  A bit of gothic horror tailored for Halloween, but fun any time.

  • Like 1
Link to review
vonfoto

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A delightful story! And frightfully clever. A great addition to the Shirley Jackson Lottery heritage.

  • Like 2
Link to review
drsawzall

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Truly a unique tale that will keep you on the edge of your seat, as a warning...don't read before having your blood pressure checked, like I did at the Dr's office!!!

 

Response from the author:

So now they've put you on blood pressure medication?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to review
Headstall

· Edited by Headstall

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Oh, this is such fun. Something just a little different, I highly recommend giving this a read. It is well written and quite satisfying. Cheers!

Response from the author:

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..