Jump to content

Threadfall 3. Fort Weyr - Eighth Pass

   (3 reviews)

D'gar and S'brin, along with their clutchmates, learn about fighting Thread, love and loss.

©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2020 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 10
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 9
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

  

Threadfall is a beautifully written story true to the original stories by Anne McCaffrey. It is a compelling tale of the growth of two young riders D'gar and S'brin who are now old enough to be full fledged dragonriders fighting threadfall.  The setting is so well described, and the plot grabs you and takes you for an amazing dragon ride. You will be emotionally captured by these two men and their adventures.  A very wonderful read.

Caution: This and the two prior tales are prequels, and may contain several  spoilers in the comments.

  • Like 1
Link to review
drsawzall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

The second in a series involving the dragonriders of Pern and their dragons, please read the first before this...so worth your while.

Conceptually well thought out, brilliant writing, amd an engaging plot. The nuances and level of detail is unmatched!

You won't be disappointed!!!

Response from the author:

Thank you. There's more in store...

  • Like 3
Link to review
centexhairysub

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Mawgrim has given us another wonderful book in his saga that uses the wonderful Dragons of Pern by Anne McCafferty.  

This was a hard one for me to read; since we knew some of what was going to happen because the saga started in the future.  We knew tragedy would occur and it took me a few chapters to get over looking for it in every sentence and chapter.  When it finally happened the power of the writing and how it was handled made it easier to bear and accept.

Loved the characters that Mawgrim has developed and his writing style is wonderful.  The flow to the story and how it ebbs and then comes to crescendos is outstanding.  

For those that love the Dragon of Pern series; you will find much to recommend in this one as well.  Of course, the gay relationships are there, after all this is on gayauthors.org.  But in the end it is as much about the story and action as who is sleeping with who.  I just cannot recommend this story enough.  The writing, pacing, action, and the fully integrated characters make it a great read...

Response from the author:

So glad you enjoyed reading this story. I appreciate your thoughtful review.

  • Like 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..