Jump to content

Weyrlings 2. Fort Weyr - Eighth Pass

   (2 reviews)

After D'gar and S'brin have Impressed their dragons, they move into the weyrling barracks to begin the process of becoming fully-fledged dragonriders.

This story contains references to terminal illness and character death.
©1967-2022 Ann McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi McCaffrey; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2020 Mawgrim; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Another visit to the past to those that will come forward; at least those that survive.  Well written and plotted as always, flowed wonderfully.  

First touch of real sorrow for D'gar and S'brin.  Life in the weyr is not always for the fainthearted.  On top of that a green rose, but the rider that was attached to the green has a dragon not yet ready to chase; how to handle that; and what does one do to protect his true love.

 

  • Like 2
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Weyrlings is the second prequel in the Dragonriders of Pern series. It covers training the impressed dragons and weyrlings must undergo, until they are old enough and skilled to become Dragonriders.  D'gar and S'brin are doing well in the training, but are not always having an easy time with each other.  Mawgrim has written the story with clever details that make it so very much like the Pern stories I grew up reading.  She recreates the Pern I knew in all its raw beauty complete with Benden wine and promiscuous green dragonriders. Her characters are unique and and will make you feel a range of emotions, dragons included. A very excellent read.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..