Jump to content

After The Past

   (9 reviews)
Sub-genres: Adventure, Drama

Life after the past isn't what most of us dream of, or hope for.

David rescues a young man. How will their lives change? What does their future hold? 
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,879 Words
    • 5,495 Views
    • 46 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,731 Words
    • 3,811 Views
    • 35 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 3,299 Words
    • 3,676 Views
    • 46 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,177 Words
    • 3,892 Views
    • 39 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 4,058 Words
    • 3,623 Views
    • 44 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,765 Words
    • 3,422 Views
    • 40 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 3,755 Words
    • 3,184 Views
    • 43 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 4,075 Words
    • 3,116 Views
    • 44 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,647 Words
    • 4,306 Views
    • 48 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

https://gayauthors.org/story/mikiesboy/onlyprompts/
I’m here having read tim’s short piece about these characters.

I’m glad I did as this is a fantastic post apocalypse type story set in the future with beautifully written and vibrant characters. The story takes you on a fantastic journey and is really well written.

As with all tim’s stories I highly recommend this as a fantastic read.

Response from the author:

Thanks so much for this kind review and adding the link.

i am glad you enjoyed this one. it's an earlier story, not as polished as my more recent work, i learned a lot while writing it. And it's a favourite of mine.

thanks again for all of your support, i say it means a lot,  and it really does. xoxo

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
cognac69

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I'm always sceptical of stories set in the future but this one drew me by it's realistic outlook on what could happen. It takes skill to draw in the sceptic, but to get the sceptic hooked takes brilliance. Everyone should read and enjoy.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much. Your review is humbling and greatly appreciated.

  • Like 5
Link to review
MacGreg

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

In my head, I wrote a review for this a long time ago. Apparently, it never made it here. This was the first story of tim's that I read, shortly after I joined GA in 2016. Due to his great talent of showing-not-telling, tim drew me into his story immediately with a writing style that is raw, honest, and realistic in portrayals of circumstances and interpersonal relationships. As I told tim, I don't typically read or enjoy dystopian stories, but this one is much more than that. he focuses on how people cope with their surroundings, and in so doing, shines a mirror on our own coping mechanisms. What would you do if faced with a world void of technology and human decency? Would you give in or fight for a better life? This story will take you on a journey of discovering what people are made of. 

Response from the author:

Thank You very much for Your review Sir.  i am so glad You ended up enjoying this story. I think in one comment i said, the future is the setting, the people are the story. But in the future or the past, it's the people that are important.

 

thanks again xo

  • Like 5
Link to review
Brayon

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This story was a fantastic Post-Post-Apocalypse story, with rich and vibrant characters. It's well written, and the visuals will make you feel you're in the story with the characters.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much, A. I'm grateful for you choosing to read this piece and i'm very glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 5
Link to review
MichaelS36

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

What do I think? I think if you haven't read this touching, honest, and amazingly well-crafted story, what are you waiting for?

 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Michael for reading and for your comments. I appreciate you reviewing it. I am grateful. xo

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
Okiegrad

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

One of the most captivating series I've read.  Not only is it extremely well written, but it takes the reader on a journey like no other story I've read.  Beautiful character develpment by the author endears the characters to you, and you find yourself totally engrossed in their lives.  Highly recommended series!!

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for reading this story and for your humbling review. This piece means a great deal to me still. Thanks again.

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Link to review
AK79

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Like Timothy M., I have a soft spot for stories where nature takes back over from man; though I would not refer to humans as a disease, rather the societies we have thus far created have a tendency to become toxic.  Truthfully man's dominance of nature is tenuous at best.

 

Well there is drama to be sure, as well a suspense.  Mikiesboy, you truly are an accomplished author.  Also the ending was perfect. 

 

Normally I shy away from gay themed science fiction, often it is very poorly written.  But this is perfect--a story of love and struggle and love in a world "After the Before".

Response from the author:

Thank you for reading and for your review of this story, it is much appreciated. I may have to steal that title if I do write a second part! Thanks again.

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to review
Timothy M.

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

I have a soft spot for stories where Mother Nature finally manages to rid herself of the disease called humans, or at least most of them. Losing the life you thought was normal or yours by right can bring out both the best and the worst in us. I like seeing people focus on what matters and use their wits to survive and improve the world.

This story wound its way into my heart even when it made me sad or upset. The love shone brightly too. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Tim. I appreciate you reading this piece and for your review.

  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Link to review
AC Benus

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This is such an accomplished work. The mood of tension and mystery is set right at the beginning, and it's maintained throughout. This world is familiar and yet daunting; people must do and act differently to survive, but you show us the human heart never changes.

 

There are great romantic moments too, made all the more real when the main characters mess things up. You offer a beautiful road to redemption and recovery, and that's metaphor for how folks After the Past are making a better world.

 

Thank you for posting this utterly brilliant piece! I'll never forget it.

 

Response from the author:

AC, thank you for your thoughtful review. I am grateful to all the support you gave me while I wrote this. Your insightful and gentle editing helped make this what it is. Thank you. xo

  • Like 11
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..