Jump to content

Changes 1. Changes

   (12 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Don is a sports enthusiast and writer who is married to Louis. They've had many happy years together until an accident changes that. It changes everything. 

Will Louis and Don make it through? Will their marriage, and their love survive the challenges ahead of them. 
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 2,872 Words
    • 10,559 Views
    • 88 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,761 Words
    • 6,758 Views
    • 51 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 3,466 Words
    • 6,297 Views
    • 48 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,120 Words
    • 6,210 Views
    • 54 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,959 Words
    • 5,954 Views
    • 45 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,073 Words
    • 5,479 Views
    • 39 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 3,904 Words
    • 6,573 Views
    • 48 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,104 Words
    • 5,164 Views
    • 38 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,791 Words
    • 5,825 Views
    • 52 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 2,767 Words
    • 4,650 Views
    • 31 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 3,470 Words
    • 4,863 Views
    • 31 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 4,042 Words
    • 5,408 Views
    • 42 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 3,860 Words
    • 5,210 Views
    • 46 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Reader1810

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

So much has already been said about this wonderful story, I’m just going to say it’s a story that one can read again and again even though how it goes is known. It is just that good. :thumbup: 

Response from the author:

That's so sweet of you, Reader. I'm grateful you enjoy this story enough to reread it. Thanks again. xo   Sorry I'm a few years late here.

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Well I thought that I'd reviewed this fantastic tale long ago, but I'll correct my mistake.

This is the story of Louis a sports enthusiast and a writer named Don. They have spent many happy years together as a married couple until an unfortunate accident for Don causes Changes.

We follow there journey as there marriage and lives undergo many changes. This story will draw you as in as tim has developed the characters into down to earth people so you get to feel there day to day struggles.

It is ultimately a story about love, friendship, heartbreak, strength and courage.

A truly amazing read from tim that I highly recommend along with the second book Changes Again.

Response from the author:

Aw thanks chris. I appreciate you coming back to this story to do this. Thank you very much!

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Wayne Gray

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This is a story of struggle, love, and persistence.  A lot of research, care and heart went into writing this very human story, and you'd do well to read it.  The challenges faced by the pair of men at the center, and those orbiting them are all very real.  It's a great peek in at their lives, and I'm happy I got to share in their journey.

Thank you, tim for the great story.

Response from the author:

Thanks very much for this wonderful review. I respect your work very much and your praise of this story is quite humbling. Thanks again.

  • Love 7
Link to review
cognac69

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Brilliantly written with so much empathy for those with a disability, it makes you forget the disability and see the person and his story, totally loved it.

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
Zenobia

· Edited by Zenobia

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

What a great story! The dynamics between the two main characters felt totally real. They have to overcome the difficulties which occur as a result of Don's accident, and especially on the emotional level some of them are anything but easy to see, accept, and overcome. Their life together is challenged but also each of them has to rearrange fomer habits. The way you write about their journey seemed so coherent, I could totally relate to Don's and Louis's (re)actions because you made them feel natural and comprehensible within the flow of the story (even if the way especially Don reacted was sometimes not what I expected, I could comprehend why he did). Despite the tragic accident they grow and in the end they have a stronger relationship and connection to each other. Thank you for this fine novel (I'm not sure what the length for a novel is; anyway, it felt like a novel to me).

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
R. Eric

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

It was real!!!  The emotions were raw.  Excellent writing and yes, I am very jealous of talent.  Great story.

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Link to review
MacGreg

· Edited by MacGreg

   14 of 14 members found this review helpful 14 / 14 members

What I most appreciate about this story is its connection to the real world and the rawness of a tragedy that could befall anyone. As an author, tim develops characters in genuine ways that pull readers in and causes them to feel an affinity to the story, like a mirrored reflection of their own experiences. Don and Louis are down-to-earth people with challenges and achievements that are relatable to all of us. The tragedy that strikes them in Changes will either make or break their marriage, and each chapter illustrates the struggles they encounter, as well as the solutions that evolve. Personally, I would love to know Don and Louis, to be invited over to their home for dinner and wine and conversation. That's how genuine these characters are. I was honored to help beta-read, to offer advice, and to push tim to complete this story. We're all better off for reading it.

  • Like 7
  • Love 4
Link to review
MichaelS36

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

A well written, and touching story. Don and Louis are human, they make mistakes but there is nothing more important to them than each other. Changes is sad, joyous, thoughtful, fun, and real. You will come to love both of these men, and their families and friends. 

 

Mikiesboy boy takes us on a roller-coaster ride through Don's accident, and his healing, all through the eyes of his husband,  Louis. We learn about Louis' past, how they met, and see possible futures. A wonderful story, well worth every minute you spend reading. 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 5
Link to review
FormerMember4

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Changes is an inspiring story. Following Dom and Louie after a devastating tragedy. Emotions and adapting after a life altering accident. Story of heartbreak, hope, strength, and courage. Well written, characters become family to you.

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
Defiance19

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

Don and Louis are faced with challenges after don’s sudden accident. Life changes for this active, vibrant couple in a blink of an eye. While trying to cope with the very real implications to their relationship, in walks a sister with dubious intent and a temptation from a co worker. 

This is a nuanced story about love, and the strength and fortitude of Don and Louis. It is about dealing with uncertainty and fighting the unknown with courage and grace. 

You cannot be untouched by this story.. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
mollyhousemouse

· Edited by mollyhousemouse

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

Nothing is life is guaranteed.  Everything changes.  Some changes are easy, some are hard.  What if that change meant that your athletic husband was suddenly mobility impaired?  Could you cope with that change?  Louis has to. His husband Don has to when one of them is injured in an accident. Now, their whole life must change. Will their relationship survive?  Can they adjust and adapt to the "new normal?"

Changes follows Don and Louis through this part of their life together.  There are ups, and downs; love and anger.  Bring a tissue or two, and settle in for a good read!

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
Brayon

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

Changes is a wonderful story that chronicles the lives of Louis and Don, after an accident. It shows the difficulties, and the struggle for to find "normalcy" again. Changes is full of, well, changes. Not only for the two principle characters, but for many of the supporting cast as well. I highly recommend the story.

 

Excellent Job, tim.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..