Jump to content

Reflection: Commemorating PULSE

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Non-Fiction
Sub-genres: Creative Non-Fic

A collection of poetry and essays by GA Authors to commemorate the loss of our forty-nine sisters and brothers on June 12, 2016.

Within you will find sadness, yes, but too you will find love and hope.
Copyright © 2019 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Brayon

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

I very fitting tribute to the community members, and friends, we lost that night.

  • Love 7
Link to review
MichaelS36

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Writing for this made me relive things I'd rather try and forget. But, it's funny I remember a lot of their names. I worked traffic for a number of years and saw my share of horrific accidents. It's us that looks through their pockets, us who track down next of kin, and us who visit the families and tell them their son, daughter, husband or wife is not coming back. I have been spit on and slapped and I carried many tears. 

It is hard to remember, hard to read about the sadness but they deserve to be remembered.  

These are beautiful pieces, written by wonderful authors .. read them, let the 49 live on. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
Wayne Gray

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Within this collection you'll find mourning, thoughts, wishes, hopes, anger, and memory.  You'll find all of those things, and all are completely valid.

@AC Benus and @Mikiesboy have done a great service for our community here.  This work honors those who lost their lives in that terrible night three years ago at Pulse.

Read... and remember.

  • Like 1
  • Love 13
Link to review
mollyhousemouse

· Edited by mollyhousemouse

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

when tragedy strikes a community, it sends out ripples of fear & sadness, like raindrops in a lake. and those ripples can cause other ripples. this collection of work is one of those lasting ripples, and it's beautiful. it's also hard. don't worry if you can't read them all at once, but do read them. let the names of the fallen not be forgotten. my hope is that you are moved to do something in their memory.

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..