Jump to content

The Searcher

   (10 reviews)

A Searcher is an instrument, yet he is a man too, needing time to rest and indulge in clearing his mind. His God however, has different plans, and The Searcher is in no position to refuse ...

Please feel free to visit and chat in The Searcher Forum.  We'd love to hear from you.
Copyright © 2019 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (16 members)

  • Action Packed 12
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 16
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 10
  • World Building 13

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SnowBear

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

What a great story! Beautiful characters and i instantly thought of "The Witcher" series! There's enough similarities to grab your attention but not so much that it's a remake of something else.

A great fantasy tale involving adventure, love, heartache and hardships, and magic. 

I could not put this down once i started reading it and i would love to see what keter and stravor are up to in a few years. 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your very kind review, Snowbear.

This story was a long time in the making. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had some very excellent help from the editor and my beta readers.

I've never read The Witcher, or played the game. I've heard they are good.

These characters are close to me and i've toyed with a second adventure.  Maybe something will come of it, we'll have to see.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me your thoughts on this piece. Thank you, again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Backwoods Boy

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

In a land long ago and far away, life was simple.  The author skillfully reveals, layer by layer, that it wasn't simple at all.  A fascinating story of love and adventure, it is also a cautionary tale of good and evil, with multiple applications to more modern times.

Response from the author:

Thank you for this very kind review. I'm glad the themes of this story were clear. I appreciate very much you taking the time to read and write this review. Thanks, BB.

  • Like 5
  • Love 6
Link to review
Dodger

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

This is a clever and entertaining story set in a very believable world, with a plot that will keep you guessing until the very end.

The author uses a varied set of characters, including a lovable pony, in a gripping, compelling and sometimes emotional tale that asks questions and commands your attention.

Well-written, highly recommended, and deserving of five stars.

Response from the author:

Thanks very much for this review, Dodger.  I totally enjoyed writing this ... and i am very happy that people enjoyed reading it. Comments from authors such as yourself and others make it even more special. Thank you for reading and for commenting along the way.

  • Like 4
  • Love 9
Link to review
Geron Kees

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A tough little fantasy with brains, brawn, and a heart, and not a little bit of magic. Long enough to feel you've been there, but not so long you cannot read it all at once. And you'll want to do just that!

If you don't fall in love with the characters and the tale, you've been hexed, and should seek out a competent witch to open your eyes and free up your soul. 

Response from the author:

:)  Thanks very much, Geron.  I appreciate the review. It made me smile. I'm pleased with how this story turned out. Thanks again.

  • Like 3
  • Love 9
  • Haha 1
Link to review
Former Member

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

With the eighth and final chapter posted, Tim has concluded a masterpiece. It’s difficult to believe that so much occurred within its eight chapters and just over 45,000 words. Just glancing at the number of comments for each of the chapters indicates how involved we readers were throughout the story.

As I mentioned in my Story Comment shortly after the first chapter dropped, don’t let the ‘Magic’ Tag scare you away from this wonderful tale. It is magical in the very best way. Tim transcends the genre and makes us believe we know these people.

I’m not at all an animal-type person, but Tim has managed to add another pony to my list of his best non-human characters!
;–)

Response from the author:

You, my friend are a mad man and i love you for it. I appreciate your support, your comments which make me think and laugh!  I am so grateful for your efforts, comments, sharing... they make me feel good and make all the work worthwhile. And the fact you remember my characters, is very humbling to me.

As writers we see this story from the start, write it, build it and it is a joy to see through the eyes of readers like you who join in the conversations and comments. Thank you very much for that, for your support. xo

  • Love 1
Link to review
Wayne Gray

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This is a fantastical tale in a high fantasy style, yet set in a gritty and somewhat bleak world.  The reason for that bleakness is challenged, and improbable odds dog our protagonist(s).

Read this story.  It's a grand adventure filled with hope, love, sacrifice, fantasy, magic, and bonds not even a god can break.

Response from the author:

Thanks very much, Wayne.  You know writing is a lot of work.  A lot goes in, time, effort, emotion, bit of your life and feelings.  I'm not complaining, it's a joy to be able to create and share. This was more in the end than i'd first thought it would be. I'm grateful for your friendship and letting me 'try things on for size' with you.

Thanks for your support and for following the story. xo

  • Like 4
  • Love 9
Link to review
Brayon

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

The Searcher, to me, is a throwback to the high fantasy stories that I read as a teenager and gave me my love of the fantasy genre. Not only is it a fantasy story, but its also a romance. Both elements paired nicely with each other, and made for a fantastic tale.

As an avid Table-Top Role-playing Gamer, I can easily see this storyline being the foundation of a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. Several elements of this story would play out well in a game, and made the world very familiar to me.

If you love high fantaies or a fan of D&D or even Skyrim then this story is for you. 

Response from the author:

Thanks A.  I am glad you enjoyed this. I never think of things as fantasy, but i guess they are because this isn't really our world. But it's close enough in some ways to make it welcoming and relatable.

I appreciate your support and well, having this mentioned along with some excellent games is an honour.

Thanks again!

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to review
MichaelS36

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A wonderfully rich world, this. Written in tim's marvelous warm style. He brings you into this world so completely, you feel you know the place. 

It is a serious quest, fraught with dangers, but there is love, loyalty, friendship, some joy and laughter. There are promises to be kept, giants, witches and true evil. 

Take this amazing journey that happens within The Searcher. It is a satisfying read from beginning to end. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Sir, for your kind review. i am pleased you enjoyed the story. xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
chris191070

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This is the truly wonderful tale of Stravour the Younger a Searcher. 

We follow him as he completes his journey and the many quests along the way. There are many twists and turns and unforeseen events during his journey. You will have all sorts of emotions before his journey is over, smiles, anger, tears and happiness.

Tim has created a truly fantastic world that feels real and understandable.

 I highly recommend this a great read.

 

Response from the author:

chris, thank you. You are a huge support not only of me, but many authors. It means so much to us and i want to thank you for that. i am very happy to know you enjoyed this story. i enjoyed writing it and i am happy it's worked so well. xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 10
Link to review
mollyhousemouse

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

How far would you go to serve your god? Would you swear on your mother's life that you will carry out your god's wishes? Every one of them?

What if that deity ordered you to sacrifice the one person in all the world you loved? Could you do that? 

In this wonderful tale Stravor the Younger is facing those challenges. He is a Searcher, he works for his god. Doing his bidding, whatever it may be.  The journey we take with him, his companion and their pony, is an epic one. As with all great quests, there are twists, turns and unforeseen events. Before the adventure is over, there’ll be smiles, anger, fear, tears, and joy.

With The Searcher tim shows that there is nothing he cannot write. The world he creates is real, understandable. his characters are 3D, fully formed & utterly relatable. Even the people we encounter only briefly, the innkeeper, a stable girl, have depth.
Grab an ale, pull up a chair and get ready to go questing. 
 

Response from the author:

Thank you for this wonderful review!

You are a big part of it. Your reading skills are excellent and help make this piece what it is. Thanks again. xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..