Jump to content

Jay's Loelife 2. Board Members

   (30 reviews)
E8D1C6E5-2EBA-402C-AF6E-0787608A8945.jpeg

Jay Petermeyer is everyone’s favorite All-American football player. He’s spent his entire career living above reproach as he patiently waits for the husband and the life he knows he’s meant for.

There wouldn’t be influencers if there wasn’t Loren Patrick. He transformed YouTube into a social platform and revolutionized what it means to live for the public. His life is free and easy. No attachments, no expectations. Just the way he likes.

Sometimes the life we’re destined for looks different from the life we dream of.

Boss Nanny should be read prior to starting Jay's Loelife. ETA: But then again, some readers said you don't have to. I suppose they're both standalone stories that compliment either. Read however you see fit, as long as you read them both.
Copyright © 2022 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (153 members)

  • Action Packed 60
  • Addictive/Pacing 122
  • Characters 147
  • Chills 30
  • Cliffhanger 56
  • Compelling 98
  • Feel-Good 124
  • Humor 119
  • Smoldering 76
  • Tearjerker 59
  • Unique 74
  • World Building 51

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Darryl62

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Loved it all! Laughter and joy.  Very difficult to do and this was executed well, this is a Gem. My husband and I have two girls now 11 and 13, we call them Jibber and Jabber ( not their real names!). This reminded me of all the times when they were small.

Take every minute like its the last. Many thanks @Mrsgnomie for the memories. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Larry Green

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I absolutely love this story can't wait to read the next instalment 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Rkench

· Edited by Rkench

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Great story, beautifully plotted and populated with rich, funny and complicated characters.  Jay and Loren both would seem to outsiders to have everything they need. Jay knows from the start it’s not true.  Loren takes more time.  From the  awkward “meet cute” opening, you’ll quickly learn it’s one heck of a curvy, bumpy ride to true love.  Throw in some childhood trauma, role reversal, and shifts in perspective and you have a somewhat romanticized, yet ultimately warts-and-all look at two extraordinary men forging a one-in-a-billion life together.  @Mrsgnomieis skilled at creating characters who seem real. That you root for even when they completely mess up.  Very much worth your time. While technically a “sequel” to Boss Nanny,  I read this one first as it was posted and didn’t feel lost. In fact, I think I appreciated Boss better this way. It was fun finding a few overlapping chapters and anecdotes told from a different viewpoint between both stories. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
mdm6303

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Truly brilliant enjoyable story. Characters have a  real sense to them and are very magnetic! Will make u want to NOT put it down. Looking forward to more!

Response from the author:

That’s what I’m talking about! Thank you @mdm6303 for taking the time to read this and to comment and review. You’re awesome! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
Doha

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Having read Boss Nanny, I was delighted to see this sequel. Jay's Loelife is a tale that weaves together the lives of two men in love. At times tender, at times tough, these two fit like a hand in a glove, although it does not come without its challenges. 

The development of the characters is superbly crafted and the readers feel as though they really know these men. 

The plot is well-paced and at the end of each chapter, cliff-hanger or not, we are left wanting more. 

Mrs Gnomie never fails to provide entertainment, some deep reflection at times and the sense that we too are part of the action. 

A jolly good read. 

Response from the author:

Thank you @Doha for taking the time to leave this review. Your words are truly too kind! I am glad you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed sharing them. Can't wait to start posting their extended epilogue! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
DaveinLA

· Edited by DaveinLA

   13 of 13 members found this review helpful 13 / 13 members

As I begin this, it is obvious that "Jay's Loelife" has a plethora of reviewers who have already lavished appropriate praise for a story well-planned, well-written and presented with great flair.  Therefore, there really is no reason for me to write a review - except that I take pride in writing reviews that I think are well thought out and cannot miss a chance to lavish my own praise on this story.

I try to make a point to never read stories that are not completed.  There are several authors at GA who have works that as soon as they appear as the author, I don't even look at the story - simply because they have histories of many, many incomplete stories.  For this reason, I didn't even begin "Jay's Loelife" until it showed as complete.

Of course, its prequel "Boss Nanny" was a truly good read, although I didn't review it.

"Jay's Loelife", however, is simply inspired!  What kind of mind does an author have to have to take characters who are important - yet peripheral - to an epic story like "Boss Nanny" and write their story so that their lives dovetail so perfectly into the prequel story without breaking the storyline of either one?  The only answer is a brilliant mind.

"Boss Nanny" was about Seamus, Matt and Aiden.  Jay Petermeyer was featured as a former college classmate and best friend of Seamus.  Loran Patrick doesn't even show up very early in the story.  BUT, MrsGnomie breaks Jay and Loran (Loe) out and tells their story with great flair in "Jay's Loelife".

There is drama as the couple overcome very different backgrounds and years of growing up.  There is drama as they bridge differences in their own personal goals and beliefs.  And there is drama among their families, friends, coworkers, teammates and public fans.

The great hook for the story, the magnetism that will simply not let the reader stop reading is the beautiful and great portrayal of the characters as well as how their lives change and mold those characters.  There are times in the story that I would have personally choked Loran to death, thrown the body into a lane of traffic and told police he ran into traffic.  There were times I would have choked Jay Petermeyer and told him he was a naïve fool.  But, MrsGnomie patiently and with care nurtured her/his characters until they matured into people that I - the reader - could not help but love.

And, like Aiden in "Boss Nanny" , the author also populated "Jay's Loelife" with kids that were magically adorable, friends that were gregarious and charming and family that the reader looked upon as we all look on our families - we love them, sometimes on purpose!

Writing a story like this isn't like television or cinema.  It take a huge amount of work to portray the lives of complicated (and who could be more complicated than Jay Petermeyer and Loran Patrick?) in prose.  This is thirty-three chapters of well-written prose.  Each chapter represents a huge amount of work.  Thank you MrsGnomie for all of this hard work.  Thank you for providing the slugs like me, who just read, with such great literature.

If you are looking at this and haven't read these stories, don't wait.  Just click on MrsGnomie as an author and start with "Boss Nanny" then follow with "Jay's Loelife".  Go shopping before you start though.  Get everything you need for however long you think it'll take you to read the chapters.  It isn't likely you'll leave until you finish.

Davey 

Response from the author:

There might be a few reviews posted before yours, but each one means a great deal and I appreciate you taking the time to write one. Your words of kindness bring me joy and excitement to share what I'm working on next!

  • Like 2
  • Love 10
Link to review
JeffreyL

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Imagine low bowing and groveling in Mrsgnomie's direction. I would give this story six stars if I could! There have been many good stories written and shared recently on this site. I think it is safe to say this is one of the most enjoyable, if not the most enjoyable one of all. Mrsgnomie has outdone herself! The characters are all able to worm themselves into your heart. From the "biggies" Jay and Loren, all the way down to the smallest child at Cousins' Camp, you'll love them all! The dialogue is first rate, and you want the plot to hurry up to the HEA, and at the same time last forever! Do yourself a favor. Read this story!

  • Like 2
  • Love 9
Link to review
Gary L

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

A triumph of a brilliant author creating something I have seen hints of elsewhere but not like this.  Reading this story I have felt part of an incredible creative synergy between an author and her readers, and between her loyal readers  


The great 19th- century authors like Dickens and Trollope wrote in installments and received huge amounts of letters.  In our age, IMs allow us to interact at an instant and even receive replies!
 

why do I say all this?  It’s simple. This is one great story about a story written by an amazing author whose public react like no other.  The rest is just detail. No, seriously, Mrs G has outdone herself. Brava!!!

Response from the author:

Wow, thank you Gary. Your words made my day. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to review
raven1

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This book is beyond great! Here are some statistics to consider. It just finished two days ago and already has 114 recommends and 20 reviews!  If you look at the recommend's details, Characters has 109 votes (out of 114), Feel Good has 95 and Humor has 91 votes.  What that tells a reader is that they will love the characters and bond with them closely.  The humor votes is a reflection of the wicked and hilarious humor that @Mrsgnomie displays in her writing.  Each chapter has an abundance of belly laughs and fun.  However, don't stop reading at the end of the chapter.  Between Mrsgnomie, @kbois (her sharp witted beta), and a great many of her followers (I wish there was room to list them all) the comments are like one of the best parties ever at the end of each chapter. Join the fun, join the party afterwards, and reward yourself with a lot of laughter.

Response from the author:

It's been a crazy ride. Thank you for sticking with it and being part of it. You're one of the reasons GA is such an incredible site to be a part of.

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to review
astone2292

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Sequels are often difficult to pull off. Some flop completely, and more are never comparable to the original. This story is in the minority. It oftentimes exceeds Boss Nanny, and that's a feat. 

The characters are just as incomparable. It's not often a story comes around focused on a NFL player and a social media influencer. Putting them together, and we have constant entertainment. Their relationship has plenty of high moments, low roads, and shocking moments of clarity. 

Equally as captivating is the comment section. The back-and-forth between @Mrsgnomie and @kbois is simply addicting. 

There is a reason this is the most recommended story on the site (as of writing this review). I task you, the reader, with discovering the reason. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the kind review. It's been a privilege to share this story and to have it so well received. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 10
Link to review
Cscampbell

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This by far the best story I've read on this site. Once I caught up with the chapters I was always watching anxiously for the next chapter to come.

I really love reading series stories, and @Mrsgnomie has done a great job with this one. If you are considering this story for a read I would suggest reading Boss Nanny first, a great story with a great lead in to Jay's Loelife.

I'm really looking forward to the next installment in the Board Members series. Hope it comes soon.

Response from the author:

Ahh, thank you for the kind words. Can't wait for the next adventure. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
Howzat

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Well I definitely can't add much to what everyone else has said.

Firstly, if you've not read Boss Nanny then go and do that before you start reading this one or you'll miss loads of the back story to Jays Loelife.

Then when you've read BN come straight back here and read this one!

Great characters, a brilliant roller coaster of a story and lots of S E X!

@Mrsgnomiehas written a superb story with excellent backup from @kbois& @Mawgrim.

Both stories (BN & JL) are one's where once you start you just have to read the next chapter!

Don't forget to read the story comments (they are a hoot) and leave your own comments too.

Mark

Response from the author:

Thank you, Mark! You are hilarious and I always love when you comment. You never fail to make me smile. You're a grade A contributor and I'm so thankful to have had to chance to go back and forth with you in the comments 

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
manhandle

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

This story was the highlight of my week. Every Monday and Thursday I prioritized this posting over everything else. And for good reason. I fell in love with Loren and Jay (and Aidan and Carson). Where Jay has more of the knight and shining armor vibe, I loved Loren from the beginning. There was always a little mystery about him.

One thing I love about this story is that she doesn't give things away too early, and always leave you guessing and trying to figure things out. Sometimes I was right but mostly I was wrong. Either way, every chapter is a delight to read. The story does not go stagnant or get boring. I can't think of a single chapter I didn't like. They were either great or excellent. 

Response from the author:

You're too kind. Thank you. Your support has been instrumental over the years. I appreciate you, Dan.

  • Like 2
  • Love 14
Link to review
wonderlakes

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

If you have the chance to read this story on a Gay Author’s for free, then do it before it’s pulled and sold to a publisher. This author knows a thing or two storytelling and how to pull the threads of emotion so naturally, you don’t know what is happening to you. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 13
Link to review
JR Tittle

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

I can’t love this entire story enough! I can’t recommend it enough either. It’s got pretty much everything you can possibly imagine. Wonderful book by an excellent author. 

Response from the author:

Thank you JR! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 16
Link to review
Modified Cub

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

I'm not even going to try and top the reviews already written since they've laid out all of the reasons you should treat yourself to this truly mesmerizing tale of love between a social media influencer and a trailblazing NFL star. Do yourself a favor and dive into Boss Nanny and then right in to Jay'sLoeLife - you won't be disappointed.

This story is one of the best I've ever read and I'm a voracious reader. Seriously though, just read it, and as you do, let yourself feel the emotions this story so artfully evokes. Stories like this are why I found myself actually joining and participating in this community instead of just reading them. This site and stories like this are a welcome distraction from the crazy world in which we live.

I eagerly await future developments from JayLoe and anything else this supremely talented writer decides to share with us! 

Response from the author:

Thank you for taking the time to write these kind words. It’s really humbling. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 15
Link to review
CincyKris

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

This is the book I prioritized over all others.  One of the most satisfying, best written, funniest stories I have read.  This is better than anything you will pay to read.  

Response from the author:

💗💗💗 Thank you @CincyKris I'm glad you enjoyed it and kept coming back for more

  • Like 2
  • Love 16
Link to review
n8te

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Not to echo too much on others, but not many authors can take something “cliche” And turn it into something extraordinary.

If you’re wondering if it’s worth the read, look at the reader engagement: likes per chapter, comments, recommendation. It’s evidence and it tells a story of its own. 

Response from the author:

Thank you Nate for the kind words. It means a lot. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 15
Link to review
spyke

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Mrsgnomie has intricately woven this novel into her prior work Boss Nanny, where we first met Jay and Loren. There path isn't an easy one and at one point the reader starts to wonder if one of our boys isn't going to wind up being the proverbial "victim of unrequited love." But persistence does pay off and eventually the two hit their stride. Or do they? Hmmm...

If you haven't read Boss Nanny, then do that first before you attempt this story. Both novels are very well written and unlike us initial readers, you won't be tortured waiting for the next chapter to be released!  Oh, and the comment sections in both books is not to be missed. We all had big fun commenting, speculating, and trying our best to out gif one another. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for being an engaging reader who isn't afraid to, not only comment, but spar. You da bomb

  • Like 1
  • Love 16
Link to review
heifel35

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Wish I could give more than 5 stars to this amazing story. It's the kind of story, that you don't really want to end. Laughter, tears, happiness and anger, it's all there. 

Mrs. G has an engaging way of telling her stories that just makes us readers come back again and again. 

Jay and Loe are the ultimate couple who brings us out on the edge of  the seat and back again. Everyone around them brings the story to life, making you feel like a part of the family.

Just read it, allready 😀👩‍💻

 

Response from the author:

Thank you for sticking around story after story!

  • Like 2
  • Love 18
Link to review
Mawgrim

   13 of 13 members found this review helpful 13 / 13 members

It's difficult to say anything different than what others have said before me. This is a great story and a fitting spinoff/sequel to 'Boss Nanny'. The characters are well delineated, the plot, which could have descended into cliché, spot on. After reading this you will feel as if you have been on a journey along with Jay and Loren. Well done @Mrsgnomie. Now you have given yourself a very hard act to follow.

Response from the author:

I won't lie, I was already nervous trying to follow Boss Nanny. Now I may have backed myself into a corner. Oh well, gotta keep trying. Anyway, thank you for having my back and helping me out despite having all your own stuff happening. I really, really appreciate it. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 19
Link to review
drsawzall

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Not much I can add to the reviews you see posted here. What I can unequivocally say is...If you don't want to be entertained, don't give a fig for quality wordsmithing, or a story so rich in all the nuances of human emotion, then you are simply in the wrong place!

A companion piece and follow up to Boss Nanny, this story truly ranks, with the best of them on this site. You will laugh, tear your hair out in frustration, want to beat up a helpless vegetable from the fridge, and yet...at every turn and twist...you'll be trying to coordinate binge reading with sleep, work or whatever trivial oddies life may throw at you!

We are so lucky that Gay Authors provides a home for so many excellent authors, this story is a shining example!!

Oh...BTW...Chapter 1 is waiting...WTF are you doing???

Response from the author:

I have truly enjoyed all of your comments. Every posting, I'm curious what you'll say or what quotes caught your eye. Thank you for being a part of this journey.

  • Like 1
  • Love 20
Link to review
85davis

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Stop reading the reviews and start reading the story. That's all I can say. There is much to love from the first chapter to the last. Each one eliciting every emotion possible from hilarious one-liners to wanting to punch your computer. The story is told through alternating POV's. Loren and Jay have very unique voices and perspectives, which is hard to accomplish for many writers. Following as these two men meet and figure out how to love is a delight. Truly a masterpiece. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 19
Link to review
Blue Fan Lady

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

It's the highlight of my day finding the latest adventure of Jay and Loe but as much as I love reading the next chapter I realize it brings me one chapter closer to the end ....  

Response from the author:

Aww, thank you. It's a privilege to create a world in which so many were excited to be a part of. Thank you for taking the time to share this review. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 16
Link to review
mfa607

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

I have been a fan of MrsG’s work since her first story. Every one of her stories has you laughing, crying, sad, mad - the whole gambit. 

However, Jay’s Loelife isn’t just a story, it’s an adventure that will keep you hooked (yes laughs, tears and frustration) through the last chapter!

The characters keep you rooting for them all the while “living their best life”!

Response from the author:

You're the best @mfa607. Thanks for sticking around all these years. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 19
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..