Jump to content

Still You Want Me

   (11 reviews)

Colin begins a new job and befriends Charles, a socialite who represents everything Colin despises. Despite fundamental life differences, they begin to build a deep friendship. Unbeknownst to Colin, Charles is falling in love with him, only to watch Colin fall in love with—and begin to build a life with another man. Colin must reconcile the deeply rooted expectations he’s created for himself against the reality; that desires of the heart never play by the rules.

Copyright © 2018 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (27 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 21
  • Characters 27
  • Chills 6
  • Cliffhanger 15
  • Compelling 16
  • Feel-Good 14
  • Humor 14
  • Smoldering 15
  • Tearjerker 19
  • Unique 11
  • World Building 9

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ROXMILLER

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

binged this story after finishing two of your newer ones but realized i never reviewed. I normally don't but this story is incredible so I came back. For a rookie story it's truly incredible. I fell in love with Colin and even when he was being a stupid shithead I still had his back. I admit that it took me a long time to warm up to Charles but MrsGnomie built these characters slowly and methodically. I could not have asked for a better ending. As youll see in all her stories, there is excellent writing. You cannot help but fall in love with the characters...or hate them (Mcstupid head)

  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderGuy81

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

First story from this author and still one of my favorites. As I read her newer stories, I can see she has grown as an author but I thin this story is foreshadowing her raw talent. 

Colin and Charlie are dynamic and I love how things shift between them as the story unfolds. You think you have these two men pegged but you don't.  A story of love, but more than that it's a story of self discovery and meeting someone who challenges everything you thought you new about yourself and who you want to be.

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Colin walks into the lobby of Clarke Co. on his first day of work after graduating from Columbia University.  He greets the sweet, motherly receptionist who welcomes him as if he was an old friend.  He sees an awesomely built, handsome blond who is glad handing everyone. This hunk turns and targets Colin.  Colin has him peg right away as charming, privileged, arrogant playboy with rich parents.  Just the type of man Colin does not like.  Charlie sees Colin as prey for Charlie's bedroom and immediately takes Colin on a tour to introduce the new guy to the rest of the staff, especially in the Marketing department where they both work.  

Colin and Charlie have a lot in common and develop into best friends in spite of the different POVs on what is a good life.  Charlie is there for Colin as Colin mets and falls in love with an awesome man who is perfect for Colin.  Perfect is does not exist in real life, and @Mrsgnomie writes real life characters, flaws and all.  

Her story takes you through many twists, and twirls your emotions around her fingers. There is hate, love, happiness, heartbreak as she treats you with some great humorous bits between very hot scenes.  My favorites are the Karaoke Conversations that include declarations for both love and lovers' quarrels in public in songs.  There are a ton of great laughs in this story.  One great read!

Response from the author:

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed this story. As always, your commentary along the way made me smile

  • Love 3
Link to review
n8te

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I read this story when she first posted it and I've come back to it many times since. Having read her later works, I can see clearly that this is her first story, and yet it is quite masterful for a debut story.

We follow Colin, who starts work at his dad's company. Charles quickly befriends him. Apparently for one reason, if you know what I mean. Despite how opposite they are, they develop quite the friendship, which of course develops into more, but not without each man growing during the process. 

The story is full of fun, whit, emotions, tears, and ultimately joy. There's no downside to this story. Read it. 

Response from the author:

Thank you N8te! Nice to see you join us over here. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
Pickalane

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Saw her on another site and came here. While it’s clear this is her first story, it’s still amazing how well written it is. I’m impressed.

Colin goes to work for his dad but is trying to find his own identity. He doesn’t want to life under his shadow.

He meets Charlie and they develop a friendship that eventually becomes more but not without hardship.

In the beginning I was a big fan of Colin and I didn’t really like Charlie, as the story progressed, it swapped. In the end, I loved them both. It is a testimony to MrsGnomies ability to arch her characters 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
G90814

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I really enjoyed this story through all the ups and downs. Now where are those other related stories you promised? 😉

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A really great read. A sort of gay Pride and Prejudice on speed.  I love this author ✍️ 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to review
mfa607

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This was my first introduction to @Mrsgnomie's storytelling.  It's still my absolute favorite, but every story she publishes since definitely makes it a contest to see if it'll topple this one.  These characters and their lack of communication (and stupidity) have you cheering each one on at different times.  Definitely worth your time to read!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
johnnyboy2285

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Such an interesting plot and turn of events. Especially the ending. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
Guest Jsreaderph

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I love this story! Thank you for sharing 😀

Link to review
Ricknc

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Great story! I really enjoyed reading this one.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..