Jump to content

Willpower

   (3 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Will Carmichael is visiting his father who lives in a nursing home. One word which his father keeps repeating, holds the power to change Will's life. During his journey to uncover the word's meaning, Will makes discoveries that affect both him and his father.

Copyright © 2017 northie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Signature Author
  • 11/30/2017 (Updated: 11/30/2017)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 10,810 Words
  • 8,760 Views
  • 45 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The Story
    • 10,810 Words
    • 4,383 Views
    • 44 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Daddydavek

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Most lives do not work out perfectly.  Most everyone develops a few regrets over a lifetime, some small, some not.  Will is the son who comes to realize his father's life was not perfect or even very fulfilling and he works to understand and maybe bring some last measure of joy to alleviate the travails of progressive dementia in his dad.   The story is cleverly told without being maudlin.  However, if you are a sympathetic old softie like me, you may want to have a tissue handy.  

 

As I said in my chapter comment:  Stories that convey important truths in a warm and loving way are the best and this was a gem!   

 

I highly recommend this story.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
Sam Wyer

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a well written and heartwarming story of lost love and journey towards re-connection.  It’s both sad and uplifting, and wonderfully  characterised.  There’s deep sadness, difficult decisions, and loving tenacity - and you shouldn’t miss any of it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

· Edited by Carlos Hazday

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Well writte story tinged with sadness and love. The author juxtaposes time periods and distinct medical conditions showing us how they affect a character at different stages in life.

There's a subtle commentary on societal acceptance of gay relationships running throughout the story. It serves to explain and enhance understanding of the aforementioned characters actions. Actions which impact the lives of the supporting cast.

Some may disagree with me, but I consider Max the main character. The story's really about him, his life, his choices, and their aftermath. Kudos to the author for pulling off such great characterization when the MC has only a handful of dialogue lines.

That dialogue, at the beginning of the tale, is my only complaint. Sounded stilted and syrupy, but then, that's just my taste. I highly recommend the story.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..