Jump to content

Trick Me Once

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Patrick (or Trick to his friends) is starting college and has put his rough high school days behind him. Cody, one of his former bullies, is back in Patrick's life and won't let him get away easily this time.

Copyright © 2017 ObicanDecko; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

A wonderful tale about two college students who against all the odds come together and form a relationship. This would prove difficult as Cody would needs to win Trick’s heart as he had bullied him throughout high school. Gradually they overcame there differences, whilst becoming successful college students. I highly recommend this as a fantastic read.

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
Sam Wyer

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Trick rapidly became one of my favourite characters here on GA - and throughout this story he’s done nothing to jeapordise that position.  He’s funny, insecure, and entirely lovable.  And apparently his high school bully agrees with me.

 

This story follows the ups and downs of a new, and surprising, relationship between two great guys with a very messy history.  There’s enough drama to keep you interested but not so that it detracts from the the real story.  By the end of things there’s a mild case of TMGC (Too Many Gay Characters) which would usually annoy me, but overall it was too much fun for that to warrant a 4 star review.

 

For a relatively short story, there’s a lot packed in here, but it never felt ‘dense’ to read.  The extensive comments and associated spill over conversations are testament to the quality here.  @ObicanDecko is most definitely someone you should be keeping an eye on.

 

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
Thirdly

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Alright, after reading this story straight through for 10 hours, I'm ready for my review! The writing style is as smooth as butter. If there were any typos or mistakes at all, I didn't catch them. The flow of the story is steady as a beating drum. It's heartfelt and engaging. You build a bond with the characters almost immediately and become delighted as they mature with the passage of time. Not a single loose end left by the finale. Quite satisfying from beginning to end! 

  • Love 7
Link to review
Summerabbacat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Initially Trick appears smart, endearing and overwhelmingly insecure; whilst Cody appears confident, aloof and superficial. 

The story follows the life of both as their relationship progresses from one of mutual attraction, torment and despair, to one of mutual attraction, love and respect. The growth of their relationship is wholly believable; their journey from victim and bully to lovers, a joy to witness. Full of beauty and melancholy (to which I am always drawn), I read this story in one evening, unable to stop until my appetite was fully sated.

@ObicanDecko's confidence as a writer has soared. If a reader is drawn to stories where justice prevails and the “good guy wins”, this story will satisfy in abundance. With beautifully drawn characters, this little gem is truly wondrous and uplifting. Riveting from beginning to end.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..