Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Dances with Whales Home to the Keep Living World of Writing

   (3 reviews)
Dances with Whales (1).png

Eric has done well in his life. Born at the right time. Invested at the right time. Walked in on his boyfriend at the right time. To find him cheating. His plans for a world sailing trip vanished and he decides to take a few weeks to sail to Hawaii. Once again. At the right time.

This is being posted as a short story of approximately 14000 words. Please enjoy!
Copyright © 2024 P. E. Knapp; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 7
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,263 Words
    • 1,170 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 4,072 Words
    • 845 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 3,765 Words
    • 829 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 2,544 Words
    • 770 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 879 Words
    • 602 Views
    • 12 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

quokka

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Awesome story.

Great to see that a disaster has resulted in a rescue and a growing relationship that ends in love and marriage.

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you.

Q

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review @quokka! I appreciate it!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
Cane23

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Somewhere on the Pacific, after accidentally finding himself overboard, Logan is in a cold water, looking his boyfriend's boat sailing away. Eric finds him surrounded by dolphins and rescue him. Two guys, disappointed by their boyfriends, connected by destiny and unusual circumstances find the love of their lives. 

This amazing story is story of adventure, salvation and love. Thank you @P. E. Knapp for sharing this little masterpiece before the scheduled anthology.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review @Cane23! I appreciate it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

A story different than most I read, it is worth reading.  After Logan ends up overboard, he is eventually rescued by Eric, a somewhat mysterious man who seems quite capable.  It takes some time for Logan to figure out more about enigmatic Eric and also the somewhat enigmatic Amanda.  Some pieces of the puzzle of these two enigmas take time to tickle the senses to gel with more understanding.

The story progresses pragmatically in a pleasingly playful way at intervals which make the reading a pleasure.  Starting with the dolphins as Eric spots Logan, more and more events eventually illuminate items we need to know for the enjoyment of the story.  "Whales" has more than one meaning in the story, (not including were-whales, since there is no direct supernatural in this tale)..

I recommend this.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review @ReaderPaul! I appreciate your kind words!

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..