Jump to content

Deep Space Journey 1. Deep Space

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Soft Sci-Fi

When the countries on Earth are divided in so many ways, a huge private corporation plans and builds a deep space exploration vessel, to go way beyond the boundaries of our own solar system, with no certain outcome of if they would be returning or not...

But by pure chance they come across a cargo vessel that has been damaged by fire, with all crew lost, which changes everything for the crew of 11, on board the very first Deep Space Research and Exploration Shuttle named "Star Voyager".

1. Deep Space Journey.
2. Deep Space Settlement.
3. Deep Space Adventures.
4. Deep Space New World.
Preston Wigglesworth October 2016 All Rights are Reserved

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sojourn

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

NO SPOILERS!

I would have given it six stars but they only allow five. This is a most intrigueing and satisfying read. It did not leave me disappointed with the ending nor did it leave me whining for a sequel. To me, all ends were, if not neatly or completely tied up, satisfactorly addressed.

If you like truly imaginative science fiction framed within the context of "this could happen", then this is a must read. The characters are believeable and the plot keeps you guessing as to what happens next and who is really the hero and who is really the villian. Hey! I told ya it was intrigueing.

A major lesson of the tale to me is that the term "advanced civilization" is conditional, based on time and place or space, at best it probably depends more on technological advances (who holds the bigger gun) rather than philosophical developments. 

I encourage everyone to read this story.

Jim

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
centexhairysub

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Really enjoyed this story, the writing and story development was good.  I did feel that the lack of backstory and history made it harder to get into the story.  If viewed strictly as a story that started and ended in the time frame written, we knew what was going on and why; but I felt little niggle pieces of having missed something because we just did not truly understand what drove these intrepid adventurers forward into space.  

While the characters were interesting; I did not feel that the development of any of them were complete.  There seemed to be little change from the first time we meet them until the story was over.  And we had no history at all of the world that they came upon in their exploration; and a surprise elevation came out of no where and felt like it was done just to shake up the story.

I do recommend this story but felt it could have been more with a few minor changes and some backstory added.

  • Like 2
Link to review
chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A fantastic story, totally different to anything normally written by Quokka. If you like Space Stories then this is a fantastic read. Well written with a good plot and good character definition.

  • Like 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..