Jump to content

Firestorm 1. Firestorm

   (6 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Life had been going fairly normal for 16 yo Mitchell Benning, until the annual spring community fair, during the 3rd term school holidays. One sentence from his so called best friend ended all of that in one fair swoop. A day after the fair, Mitchell packed up most of his belongings, and he was sent to his mother's spinster sister to live, and with hard times on the farm, he would not be returning to boarding school for the final school term of the year. Many years later, Mitchell will return to his home town, and a firestorm of a different kind will strike the town, not just the one with him returning to face the community.

Although real place names are used, this story is entirely fictional...
37 Chapters Total
Copyright July 2017 Preston Wigglesworth All Rights Reserved

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

spoilkid

   2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Another great story read all of them and can not wait for the next part

  • Like 3
Link to review
Azorf

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

I was interested that this turned out to be a straight guy story as jaysalmn says, despite the start, and the sudden change from firefighting to joining the army was unexpected. Despite the young age of the main character he seems to be too mature, in fact I feel he would be more of a recluse, taking life too seriously: I pity his stepson and children as he does not appear to be able to be a fun dad. Although there are some slips in the story from 1st to 3rd person I can see past those, but my main moan is the shallowness of the character, it could do with more insights into his thinking or feelings to flesh it out and make it more 3D, more human.

  • Like 2
Link to review
jaysalmn

   2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

A very good story, but unfortunate that you strayed from the original idea and made it a "straight guy" story.

Link to review
mogwhy

   2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

I enjoyed this story. Just like in living life, you may plan one thing, but life gets in the way of your plans. This is the story of one man's twist of plans.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
a1957513

   2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

Good story, but like an other comment it did not touch on his return to his home town.

Also it said in previous chapters that he was going back for his

fire company training and now a twist that he is going to England????

 

Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

Another fantastic story Quokka. You kept. us gripped with this tale about Mitch as he went from strength to strength after leaving his home town and then eventually returning to save it. Well worth reading.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..