Jump to content

Train Whistle Blowing

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Adventure, Drama

Having recently lost his father from a mining accident in Northern Western Australia, twelve year old Hunter Mitchell along with his much younger brother Fraser learnt from their mother, that we may be moving to her ancestral home of the Cook Islands, in the central Pacific.  This meant that Hunter would be leaving his good friends, especially his best friend Jacob, who along with his father and older brother, took me on a sailing trip onboard a racing trimaran, to help me stop thinking of the loss of my father, and had an awesome time. 

Copyright © 2021 Preston Wigglesworth; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. TWB Ch 1
    • 2,732 Words
    • 2,386 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 2. TWB Ch 2
    • 2,781 Words
    • 1,583 Views
    • 2 Comments
  • 3. TWB Ch 3
    • 2,395 Words
    • 1,701 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 4. TWB Ch 4
    • 2,350 Words
    • 1,493 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 5. TWB Ch 5
    • 2,316 Words
    • 1,486 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 6. TWB Ch 6
    • 2,339 Words
    • 1,289 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 7. TWB Ch 7
    • 2,373 Words
    • 1,655 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 8. TWB Ch 8
    • 1,837 Words
    • 1,915 Views
    • 5 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a fantastic story about Hunter Mitchell, a 12 year old boy and his younger brother Fraser, who recently lost there Dad in a mining accident.

The brothers learn from there Mum that they will be leaving everything behind and moving to the anchestoral home in the Cook Islands.

A fantastic adventure awaits Hunter and Fraser as they travel to the Cook Islands where they meet there new family.

A fantastic first book in the series, I look forward to book two and the further adventures of Hunter and family.

  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I enjoyed this story.  Especially I enjoyed the interactions of Hunter and his Uncle Rangi, and of Hunter and his cousins Range and Ari.  Hunter's natural talents and good training become more and more visible as the story progresses.

The story gets even better as it continues.  There is one considerable flaw -- and that flaw is that there is not yet a sequel.  (Hint, hint, @quokka!)

  • Haha 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..