Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,965 Words
  • 2,624 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 12. Chapter 12

I know this chapter is long over do. I'm sorry for that, life is getting complicated. Trying to juggle, work, writing, relationship, family. AKA Life! Anyway, i hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 12

 

 

How do you explain to someone what you have been thinking or even feeling? How can you articulate into words to explain the feelings? Feelings are complex, confusing, a total mind fuck, if you will. I’m beginning to think that people in general have no idea how to express their feelings, except maybe in anger. Because in all honesty as I’m walking towards my class, my final class for today I couldn’t get Sasha out of my head.

 

At lunch today, I couldn’t bring myself to interact with my “friends”. All because I didn’t want the pity party. On the other hand though, Courtney only had to look at me to know what I was feeling, she knew, because I trusted her with a secret. My other so called friends, didn’t even stop long enough to wonder. I love my friends. They are the only ones that have been here for me since I started at this school.

 

I really have to think about, if they are really my friends or not. I have to sit down long enough to contemplate if I want them to continue to be. It’s kind of funny, I started this year off thinking that I could do this, I could be someone that everyone likes, I could do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about what others thought. However, as you can tell that didn’t go so well. Jason came back into my life, Courtney took on a bigger role of a friend, I was raped, and beaten. Yea, this year has been one for the books.

 

“Hey, whatcha thinking about mister?” Courtney strolled up to me, smiling

 

“Nothing… Nothing really.” I smile back at her

 

“Aiden, please. I know you too damn well.” She huffs

 

“Fine,” I look to her, and look forward. “I’m thinking about our friends. And how not once did they ask me where I was. Not once did they stop long enough to wonder. I’m thinking about how this year was supposed to be different. Actually, come to think of it, it is different. Last year, I didn’t have to worry about my friends knowing I am gay. I didn’t go to parties, and I certainly wouldn’t have been… you know.”

 

“Whoa! A lot of stuff is going through your head right now. Aiden, babe. You can’t let that get to you. As for our friends. They just choose not to see what’s going on around them. They choose to just exist in this world. Until they are shoved out into the real world, they will continue to be oblivious to everything around them.” Court says as she wraps her arm around my side. And I throw my arm over her shoulders.

 

“Thanks Court. Want to maybe get some ice cream? I don’t want to go home just yet.”

 

“Yea, that sounds good, I haven’t had blondies in forever.”

 

I open my car door for her, and let her get settled before going around to my side. That’s what a proper gentleman is supposed to do after all. Once the car is started, my radio blares out some pop song; I reach out and mute the fucker. Shaking my head, I look to Courtney to see her trying her hardest not to laugh.

 

“So you’re listening to pop now? What happened to heavy metal?” She asks

 

“I listen to almost everything; heavy metal is my favorite though. You should look through my phone; about seventy five percent of my songs on there are of that genera.”

 

“I would believe you too. Not trying to change the subject, but changing the subject. How are you holding up? Is everything alright at home?” She asks, while she fiddles with her fingers.

 

“Things are as they should be. Dad isn’t talking to me, mom doesn’t know what to say. My siblings don’t know about what happened. The rents wanted to keep that way. Court, I just don’t know. Before… Before this all happened, our family was already beginning to spend less time together. Now, with this happening, ah! My parents don’t want to even talk about it.” I sighed

 

“Damn, what a fucked up thing to do. Your parents should want to talk about it. IF they don’t, then they should suggest a therapist,” I look at her like she’s lost her mind, “OH don’t give me that look, it might be good for you.”

 

“A therapist? Really? No, no, fucking way am I going to spilling my secrets to a nut job in a white coat. They will most likely give me drugs to help me cope with it. I’m sorry, I think I’m doing just fine. I have you and Jason. You guys are my people. That’s all I really need.”

 

“If that’s what you want. So be it!” She huffs. Taking out her phone and doing whatever.

 

“Don’t be like that. If I really need one I will go see one, even if I don’t really want to.” I say as I pull up to the ice cream place.

 

“That’s all I’m asking hun. I love you, and I will support you through anything, but I don’t know how good I will be at helping you with this.” She says, as she opens the door for me.

 

“Thanks. And by the way, you are helping me… You’re distracting me from thinking about it. I can’t really remember most of what happened anyway, isn’t that a good thing?”

 

“No, honestly, because one day out of the blue, you’re going to flip the fuck out, and I wouldn’t know how to handle that. Do you really want to put me through that, or yourself for that matter?”

 

“I guess you have a point. I’ll bring it up with the rents and suggest I start to see one. Only temporarily though.”

 

“That’s all I’m asking…”

 

*****

 

After dropping off Courtney, I made my way home. It wasn’t surprising really to find both my parents cars in the driveway and my brothers car parked along the curb. I parked behind him and went up to the door. With a shaky breath I opened the door to find the house quiet. Too quiet, especially when there is four other people in the house. Rounding the corner, I find them all in the living room talking quietly. It looked like a intervention type thing was about to go down. Slowly backing away before anyone saw me, “Hold it, mister. We have to talk.” My mother says. Dammit, I thought I was going to get away with it.

 

“I don’t want to talk. I’m all talked out for today. Can we make it for a different day?” I pleaded

 

“No, because we will never get a chance again to discuss this as a family.” My mother says

 

“Fine. But I don’t like being ganged up on.” That brought back a strange feeling. Holding onto the wall. I breathed through the strange feeling. I shouldn’t be feeling this way. I shouldn’t have to be scared to say what I want. But those bastards stole that from me. Usually I wouldn’t have freaked out when I say something like that.

 

“Aiden? Are you okay?” Nodding my head, but truly I wasn’t. The feeling was getting stronger. My body started to shake, and a cold sweat broke out on my skin. Everything seemed to be going slow and the room started to tilt alittle.

 

“Samuel!” My mothers voice broke through, but my vision is blurred

 

“I got you son.” My father says

 

He must have caught me before I hit the floor. Because I awoke with a blanket thrown over me and a very cold cloth on my forehead. Struggling into a sitting position, I take the cloth and look around the room. My room, how did I get here?

 

“I don’t know what to do Sam, we haven’t had to deal with this when growing up, I didn’t know anyone that suffered like Aiden is. I just don’t know what to do to help him…”

 

“Mary, we will get through this, if Aiden wants to see someone than he can but I don’t want it to get out that we are having family issues.” You see my dad is always going on and on about family. And how perfect we should be. The all American family. The image is what he doesn’t want destroyed. I say fuck it! Fuck the family image. They don’t know what’s going through my head, how I wish that I could do something that makes it go away. Just for a little bit.

 

“Oh, you’re awake. You has us all worried sick.” My mother says, when she spotted me awake.

 

“I heard you…” I said just above a whisper

 

“You heard what dear?”

 

“That you don’t know how to help me, and how dad doesn’t want the family image destroyed by this….” I paused, I didn’t want my parents to find out like this, I never would have imagined that I would be telling them this, I wanted to wait until I had all my ducks in a row. Just in case something didn’t go as planned. “I’m sorry Dad, but I’m gay. I’ve been gay all my life. I know you’ll think this is a way for me to get back at you, but it’s not.” Tears were dripping down my face as I spoke.

 

“How can you know what you are so early, son? You’re only 16… You cannot possibly know.” He starts out, “And furthermore, I don’t want you to tell anyone. Not a soul! Do you hear me, Aiden? No one is to find out about this, this abomination.” He finishes by almost yelling at me from across the room.

 

“Now hold on there Sam. It’s not Aiden’s fault. It’s no one fault. Let’s take a breather and come back to this when we have all settled down.” My mother tries to calm him down but the angry look upon his face didn’t leave.

 

“No, I’ve worked way too hard for him to mess up it now. He is not allowed to act upon his desires or see what’s his name anymore.” He angrily spat.

 

“You can’t be serious? I love Jason..”

 

“You do not get to say those words about another guy Aiden. Not in this house!” My father punches a wall. Breaking the plaster and dry wall. Leaving a big hole there. After he done that, he looked at my mother, and then at me. He leaves my room, in a somewhat somber mood.

 

“Don’t listen to him, Aiden. He will come around…” She spoke as if she didn’t believe the words either. What am I supposed to do now that they know?

 

“Am I safe in this house?” I asked

 

“How can you say that? Of course you’re safe in this house Aiden. This is your home!”

 

“It might be my home mother, but it doesn’t feel like it most times. Just a place that I lived in for the past four years.”

 

“I’m telling you this, if your father cannot accept that you are what you are then, we will all have some difficult times ahead of us.” She kisses my head and walks out the room.

 

What does she mean by difficult times ahead if my father doesn’t accept me? Does that mean they will get a divorce? That my family will be divided because I chose to tell them about me?

Review, like, email me starz0507@gmail.com
This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 12
  • Love 7
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

9 minutes ago, Crazyd1965 said:

This a great story anxiously waiting for the next chapter 

.

Thanks I hope you'll keep reading after the next few chapters. Things are about to turn. Thank you again for commenting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

B)................Well at least the elephant has left the room for now, I wonder whose image is more worth it? I think Aiden's dad is the one that needs a therapist. Another thing I assume his brother was sitting on the coach when Aidan arrived home and another making 4 people in the living room. You have to wonder what they know so far, if it was up to Samuel they would know nothing, but an intervention usually means everyone lnows what is going to be discussed. Great chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I do agree completely with what both of you have said. Aiden will have to over come alot in his life. As for his father, i dont really know what is going on in his life. I usually dont write about the father or mother (s). However, with this story i just might. To shine light on some things. Remember Aiden's dad is a CEO of a company. So with that comes image problems, or adultery, etc. Not saying that it's an excuse because its not. **My parents raised me to be who i wanted to be. Not something that they wanted. Granted, the road i have taken has been very bumpy and mis-guided. My father didnt accept me for being gay, it took five years for him to come around. And with my education, he was disappointed in me for dropping out. But i eventually graduated from school and went to college. Granted i dont have a degree. But its the effort that counts. 

 

Thanks for the great comments, there will be ALOT more to come. I'm thinking of making this story into a series. From 16 to 18... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/15/2017 at 11:51 AM, Dmrman said:

I am so looking forward to.. ("I'm thinking on making this story a series") I personaly need more like these!!! you and Comsie have put into place the realities of what I had to deal with as a teenager, granted, it was somewhat different in my time (the 70"s) but several of the Authors I have been following have helped Me personally get help and closure I needed and need to feel comfortable with my love for another man (40 some years later) but , still relevant ! I can tell you value and appreciate Comsie as a mentor and for that I'm very, very grateful.  Without sounding desperate and weLird...  I need this, and these stories and you and Comsie and many other Authors I follow... some how I don't feel so alone and outcast and have more courage than ever to admit I'm gay and have been from My early teens... you know and I know life still goes on , but it makes it that much better when you deal with life (present)  than having to deal with past and present issues... I am sorting it out one day at a time and you ALL ( authors) have played a valued and important part of that, and I LOVE you all for that... It really gives me strength to tell people to get over it.. about my sexual preferences  and receive healing while at it!! ( I like 2fers and bonuses) I know you authors have helped me in ways that , I don't think a phyc. could and I love you all for that... I Graciously thank you>> DMRman

Thank you for the kind words. I personally love Comsie's works. He has said multiples times that i am his successor. LOL I'm glad you are coming to terms with what you are. It takes alot of effort and time to come to terms with. I'm glad we as "Authors" can inspire people. I think that is part of the reason why we write. We want to the world to hear us, learn from us, or be better than us. I'm glad that i have in some way helped you. That means alot. Hugs! <3

  • Like 1
Link to comment

If it turns out Aidan’s dad is having an affair he’s a major hypocrite for telling Aidan he can’t act on his desires. Also why was the entire family there? Were they going to discuss Aidan being gay because from what Aidan’s parents had said they didn’t want his siblings to know about the kidnapping & rape. If the family image is so important I’m wondering if Aidan’s dad would even want the rapists caught since then the town would know what happened to his son. I hate parents who care more about their image than their child. In the end they aren’t parents to me as parents are more than sperm donors and bill payers.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

 No one is to find out about this, this abomination.”

I cringed when I read that! Why can't father and some mothers just love their children no matter what their sexuality is. Love should be unconditional not an image control freak!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..