Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,726 Words
  • 856 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 22. Chapter 22

Sorry for the long awaited update! Life has been interesting to say the least!

Chapter 22

 

To recap on my week, nothing really exciting happened. Told my friends about what’s been happening to me. They didn’t seem to agree with me that much. Courtney is pissed, along with Jade. Together, they haven’t spoken to me, directly. Jason kissed me on the football field. I thought it was awesome and exciting. He’s finally opening up about us. Well that’s what I thought anyway. Other than that, everything is the same!

 

Getting downstairs, and into the kitchen; I spot my father, sitting at the table. Normally that wouldn’t make me question why he isn’t at work. He’s always at work.

“Morning father.” I say, as I go to the coffeemaker.

“Morning Aiden.” My father says, “What are your plans for this weekend?” He asks

“Um, going to hang out with my friends. And find something to do with them.” I tell him simply

“Sounds like fun. But, if you stay out past curfew. Text or call!” He states

“I’ve learned my lesson, father. The hard way.” I state seldomly, as I walk away. Great conversation. What a nice way to start the day.

“I know that’s why I said it.” He sounds, sad. I wonder why.

“Okay father. I’m going to get cleaned up now. Have a good rest of your morning.”

“You too.” He says from the kitchen.

Skipping up the stairs to my room, I sigh out loud. Ever since the incident, my father hasn’t really spoken to me like he used to. Come to think of it, none of my family really talks to me anymore. They all have given me space. Too much space I think. My father doesn’t like that I’m gay, my mother doesn’t know what to do about it. My siblings haven’t said anything in regards to it. Whatever, it’s not my problem…

After doing my morning routine, I get dressed and put cologne on. Grab my keys, and wallet. I went to grab my phone, but I forgot that I had broken it. Shit, I need to really get a new phone. It’s like a piece of me is missing. Closing my door to my room, I go downstairs and grab a bottle of water out the refrigerator. Turning around, I see my brother sitting at the breakfast nook, scrolling on his phone.

“Hey bro.” I say to him

“Hey, morning.” He yawns a little bit

“What are your plans for today?”

“Um, nothing really. Heading over to my friends place. We have a gaming marathon tonight.” He shrugs

“That’s cool. Well I’ll see you later, maybe.” I wave bye to him and walk out the door. Getting in my car, I let it warm up before putting it in reverse. First place to go is the at&t store for a new phone. My parents are going to kill me for buying a new phone, I can tell you that much.

Have you ever had anxiety going into a store? It feels like my heart is racing, and I’m out of breathe. Like breathe body, breathe. Shit! Relax or something, it’s not a big deal. Shaking it off, I walk into the store. Light music is playing in the background, there’s not that many people, and the associates look like they are busy doing something. I walk up to the desk and wait for a person.

“Welcome to at&t. How may we help you today?” The guy asks, I look at him for a moment. Nice strong build, seems to be around me age, light brown hair that is messy but styled. Lovely green eyes, kissable lips, a strong jaw, and damn what I would give to see him naked.

Shaking my head, “Um,” I pause, “Yea, I broke my phone the other day and I need a new one.” I tell him, while looking anywhere but at him.

“We can certainly help you with that.” He smiles. Did I mention how hot this dude is?

“Thank you,” I blush

“No problem, handsome. It’ll be a couple of minutes. You can either take a seat at one the tables, or look around.”

My face felt hot, “Thank you,” I meekly say

He laughs, “You’re welcome.”

Turning around and away from him, I go to look at some phones. Fanning my face, I place my hands on the counter, and slowly breathe in and out. Go figure, I have a boyfriend and I’m checking out other guys. What would Jason think about that? Laughing quietly, he probably wouldn’t like that very much. That makes me smile.

“Have you been helped yet?” Asks a woman

Looking to side of me, there stands a young lady. With her hair pulled into a tight bun, make up on point. She is wearing a blue blouse, and light brown khakis. Her face is pretty to look at.

“Um, yea I have been. But the guy said it could be a couple of minutes.” I shrug

“I can assist you. What brings you in today?” She asks

“I broke my phone the other day and I need a new one.” I say as I look at the phones on display.

“I can definitely help you with that. Have you found any that peaks your interest?” She asks politely

“Well my old phone was a Samsung galaxy note 8. I haven’t looked that much yet to see if AT&T has any that would be like the note.”

“We currently do not have any of the newer models for the note series in stock. However, if I may recommend something?” She takes a moment to look at the phones and picks one. “I think this would work just as well or better.” The lady states

“Cool, I’ll take it then.” I smile at her. Maybe having a LG phone will be better.

“Awesome. If you’ll follow me, we can get you started on a new phone.”

 

After getting my phone setup on my parents plan, I walk out with a smile on my face. Hopefully this time I won’t be tempted to throw it at a wall. Shaking my head, I get in my car. The first person that I hit up after connecting it to my car was Courtney. She had a right to know. We chatted for a bit and we made plans to get together later. Thinking about it, I haven’t heard from Jason since we kissed on the football field. Sighing, I push the button on my steering wheel. Going through the prompts, the phone started to ring.

“Hello?” His voice, over my speakers sounded bit sexy.

“Hey!”

“Who is this?” Jason says

“Your boy…” I was cut off

“Who is on the phone Jason?” A girl says

“I don’t know yet!” He sighs, “Sorry about that.” Jason says, “But babe! We were just starting to have fun!” She whines. Motherfucker! I can’t believe… I can’t believe I trusted him again. I am fucking stupid! As the hot tears start to pool on my eyelids, I hang up the phone. Hands trembling, my nose burns, my eyesight is getting blurry. I take a shuddering breath, as I blink my eyes rapidly.

Pulling over, I sob out loud in car. “How can he do this to me? I gave him chance after chance. I even started to trust him again. I am such a fucking idiot. My friends were right. I shouldn’t have let him back into my life. I should have known better. Fuck I’m a stupid good for nothing, used piece of shit!” Maybe this is my fate after all.

Wiping my tear stained face. As I blink back more tears. Grabbing tissues from the back seat, I blow my nose. I look around me, and see that I’m parked right outside a coffee house. Hoping that no one saw my little melt down; quickly turning off my car. I throw the used tissues in the trash. Taking a deep breath in, I open the door to a wonder sight to see. There are bookcases lining the walls. Little tables scattered across the floor, comfy looking chairs, with end tables next to them. The lighting in this place seemed pleasant enough. Looking towards the coffee bar, a chalk board hung on the back wall. Telling the customers what they sell and how much it would be. On the counter sat numerous of different machines.

Taking another deep breath, it smelled like heaven, the scent in the air held a hint of cinnamon, vanilla, hazelnut, and something else that I just couldn’t place. Walking up to the counter, I wait until one of the employees see me.

“Welcome, how may I help you?” He asks, I raise my head to look at him. And the eyes not disappoint. Drool worthy! The guy stood there, with dirty blonde medium length hair on the top of his head. With the sides shaved close to his scalp, eyebrows on point, not bushy or untrimmed. His eyes were wonderful to look at, sea foam green; with more green than blue. His complexion looked smooth to the touch, how I wanted to just reach out and touch him. His lips looked kissable, and maybe with them being as plump as they are, they could be used for something else. Wink wink! The guy has a strong jaw, and sharp looking cheek bones. Everything has angles. And he looked like a fucking model. Now only if he were naked!

Slapping myself mentally, I finally blink my eyes. The guy is standing there a smirk, like he knew what I was thinking. Am I that transparent?

“Like what you see?” He asks in a deep smooth southern voice, with a hint of amusement in it.

I blush a deep red, “I wouldn’t mind seeing the rest of you, that’s for sure.” I wink at him, he blushes and I laugh. I can’t believe I just fucking said that. Where did that come from? I am never that forward with people! Especially hot guys…

“How may I help you sexy?” He teased with a grin. Showing off his pearly whites.

“Surprise me.” I shrug, while trying to look at something else.

“Alright… How about you take a seat at one of the tables, and I’ll find you once it’s done.”

“Deal, handsome…” I throw a smirk at him and walked away

This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm getting confused here. There seems to be something wrong with the continuity in this story...

  • At the end of Chapter 18 Aiden smashes his phone by throwing it against his bedroom wall.
  • In Chapter 20 Aiden is seen scrolling through Facebook on his phone whilst waiting for Jason to arrive at his car, and later on also texting with Matt.
  • But now, in Chapter 22, we find out that Aiden is only just buying a new phone to replace the one that he smashed 4 chapters ago..?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..