Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,129 Words
  • 626 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 24. Chapter 24

Chapter 24

 

 

So here I am, sitting in front of my mirror looking at my reflection, going over everything that happened to me today. First, found out that Jason is a liar and a cheater. I mean there could a great explanation as to why there was a girl in his room. But, when said girl asked who was calling and he said no one or that he didn’t know. How would you take it? I’ll let you decide how you would handle it. Second, I met a very handsome guy at this café. Had a wonderful conversation at a park, just thinking about it… Shaking my head, I’m getting dreamy about it. I blush just like a school girl when her crush asks her out. God! What is happening with me? I just met the guy and I can’t get out my head.

Looking at myself in the mirror again, I sigh. What can I do make myself look better? Medium brown hair, with green eyes; says a lot doesn’t it. At least my face is blemish free, and I have a boyish face. Who I am kidding, I look like I’m fucking twelve. Maybe a makeover is due.

Picking up the phone, the only person that can help with this is Court. “Hey Court, wanna go to the salon and get our hair done?” I ask as soon as she picks up the phone.

“Who do you think I am to say no to that” She laughs

“Good, pick you up in say about thirty minutes from now?” I ask hopeful

“Of course. Ice coffee on the way?” She asks

“Duh!” We both laugh, as I hang up the phone. We never say goodbye or anything like that. Not even a love you.

Going over to my closet I look through the clothes that I have, maybe I can do a white tee, with dark wash jeans, and maybe pair that with a black long sleeve. I could also do some of my jewelry that I never wear. I got this beautiful necklace from my grandmother last year; its white gold in color and it has my birthstone it. I almost cried when I opened it. Best birthday present ever! Now as for shoes; I can do my white DCs, maybe? I think I’ll look hot. Jason would never catch me wearing this with him. Scuffing, I grab my keys and wallet, as I head down stairs to inform my rentals where I’m about to go. Because, god forbid anything else happen to me. Frowning upon that thought, I shake my head and clear it of that unfortunate event.

“I’m heading out. I’ll be with Courtney at the salon. I need to get a haircut.” I say to a room with no-one in it. Great! Looking around, I see a note on the counter.

Aiden, your father and I are at an important business meeting. If it’s life or death, call. If it’s not just text alright, hun. Lots of love MOM.

Great! That’s wonderful. I have to tell them where I’m going but they can’t even bother to let me know, other than a stupid note. Tossing the note back onto the counter; I leave the house, making sure lock up before I go.

Arriving at the coffee shop I wait for Court. I already know what she wants; it never hurts to actually wait for the person to actually be in your presence. Leaning up against the side counter, I pull out my phone and I’m surprised by a text message. It’s from you know who and I’m really contemplating if I want to open it and find out what it contains. Shaking my head, I leave the message unread. There really is no need to get disappointed more.

“Hey… Sorry it took so long. I had to explain to rentals why I needed a salon day again.” Courtney says as she rushes up to me; almost giving me a heart attack in the process.

Clutching my beating chest, I look at her with crazy eyes, “Damn! At least warn a person.” I huff out.

“Sorry… Sorry!” She sheepishly looks at me. And I smile.

“It all good… What’s a good scare?” We laugh as we both get in line.

 

**Time skip, because I really don’t feel like writing all of the boring stuff**

 

I look into mirror once the salon lady turns me around. I’m very much impressed and blown away with what she did to my hair. I look like a totally different person; a hotter version of myself. I grin so wide that my cheeks actually start to hurt. Going from medium brown hair to frosted tips and having the sides shaved down that’s blended in with my hair on top. She also styled my hair to a quaff. It looks sexy as hell.

Looking at her through the mirror, I almost screamed out that I loved it. “Thank you so much. You did a fantastic job. I am honestly blown away. I didn’t know that I could look this good.” I blush after saying that.

“There’s a beauty in all of us. We just have to bring them out.” She smiles, “If that’s all, I can get you up at the front?” She asks

“Oh yea, I am definitely done.” Once I’m out of that chair, I look into mirror again, and adjust some hair that moved. I ended up paying one hundred for the hair and I tipped that lady nicely. She did a wonderful job, I must come back here more often.

“HOLY SHIT!” Courtney all but screeches out. Turning around, I’m met with a gaping best friend. Her mouth opens and closes a few times.

“You like?” I ask skeptically

“Like? Like?” She questions, “Like is an understatement my friend. You look so fucking hot! That if you were not my friend and gay. I would be jumping your bones right now.” She all gushes out.

“That good huh?” I blush even more from the compliment

“Good doesn’t even come close. Whoever this guy, better be damn good looking to have you on their arm…. That’s all I’m saying.” She shrugs

“Sorry about the outburst.” I say, with embarrassment

“That’s quite alright. We figured it was going to happen.” They all but laugh at us.

 

After hanging out with Courtney for a few hours, we split ways. I don’t know what we have planned tonight, Xavier never told me. Which I guess is a good thing. I sort of like surprises. Well come to think of it, not really, not anymore; especially after what happened to me. Shivering from the thought, I go back to getting ready for my date.

This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 3
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..