Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,638 Words
  • 624 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 25. Chapter 25

Chapter 25

 

After getting ready for my date, I sit on my bed. And just sit there; having nothing left to do, other than wait how lame. I hate waiting. I pick up my phone for a bit of distraction. Mindlessly scrolling on social media. I see that my friends are having fun. They have been posting pictures and seem like they are generally happy. Wish that I could say the same, honestly. But, who am I kidding.

After about a good thirty minutes or so of just sitting there. I look at the time and see that it is after the time Xavier said he’d be here. Now I’m wondering if I have been stood up. That would be rude. Especially after the day that we had. Thought we had something special, at least to me it felt that way.

Never in my life have I felt comfort in another, well other than my close knit friends. But that doesn’t count. They aren’t going to be turning into that kind of relationship. Huffing out, I pick back up my phone, and send Xavier a quick text. Now I’m just kind of pissed that I went through all this trouble to look presentable and I get stood up. Picking back up my phone, I send a Courtney a quick text.

Over the next few hours, Courtney and I send each other memes. I undressed a while ago, now I’m just sitting on my floor, up against my bed playing COD. How lame is this? Well at least I’m entertained by killing zombies. I pause the game because my phone starts to go off. Picking it up from beside me I look at the screen and almost… almost scream at it. How can he just so casually call me, like I didn’t hear what he and this slut did earlier? The phone stops ringing as the first tear slides down my cheek. Growling out, I slam my phone down. Biting my bottom lip, I toss my head back, and look up at my ceiling. Contemplating life as I know it. Things were going so great between us. We didn’t fight, he was there when I needed him, Jason actually kissed me on the field out in the open. Just how did this all come be? How did everything just start to crumble from beneath me? With a heavy heart, I get up from the ground. Grab my phone, and plug it in. I don’t even bother to look at the thing. Going into the bathroom, I undress once again and start a bath. Putting some lavender bath oil and some rose petal mint tea soap into it. Letting it run for a little bit. Slowly I sink my body into the heavenly sensation of heat. It’s time to unwind and relax. Today is over; I can just forget and move on. I probably won’t ever go back to that café.

A week later, as I’m coming out of biology class; I see Jason, with his arm over the shoulder of some girl. I scuff out, and turn away. Grumbling out to no one in particular, shaking my head. I go down another hallway, bypassing the embarrassment that I knew would happen if I dared to go in the direction of them. I can’t believe that I actually gave him another chance. Won’t ever be doing that again. I can tell you that much.

“Hey bestie! What’s with the face? Do I have to hurt someone? Please tell me it is fuck face…” She goes on, “Because if it is him, and he’s making you have this sad look on your face, I will-“

“It’s okay. I should have known that nothing good could have come from giving him another chance. I should have listened to you guys when ya’ll said that it was a bad idea. But damn it, if I didn’t want to risk everything for just a little slice of happiness. How pathetic am I?”

“You are not a pathetic person. The person that should be feeling anything should be him for playing with your heart and emotions yet again. And I will not be saying told you so… Even though, it would be justified. Let’s go grab some moderately decent food from the cafeteria, and go outside. It’s warm as fuck out there, and the sun is shining. Yeah?” Courtney asks. Nodding my head, she leads the way.

Meeting up with our friends, I go to sit down. When I hear my name being shouted out, turning my head, I look to see who it is. And of course! Because why the fuck not, right? “Do you want me to tell him to fuck off, because I will.” Waving her off I turn to face him. I guess now is better than never.

“What do you want Jason? I huff out

“Can we talk… Away from listening ears?” He asks, when he looks at my friends sitting behind me.

“I mean do we really have anything left to talk about?” I ask

He looks at me before replying, his smile diminishes slightly, “I just wanted to know what it is going on? Please…”

“Whatever, lead the way.” Sighing out I look back at my friends, with a slight smirk, I roll my eyes.

Jason, takes me to a table that is far enough away that no one will hear us. This table is pretty much located on the other side of the courtyard. Under a weeping willow tree, breathing in deep and letting it out slowly. I sit down on the top of the table with my hands clasped in-between my knees and I stare down at the pebbles of concrete.

“What happened?” He speaks out, as he sits next to me on the table.

“You can’t be that clueless. Don’t sit there and tell me that you don’t know what happened. Don’t tell me that you’re sorry. Don’t… Just don’t.” I say as my voice starts to tremble.

“What did I do?” He says in a whispered voice, like he didn’t understand. Like he’s trying to come to terms with what he did. Maybe he’s not fully understanding what he actions have done.

“You know damn well what you did.” I look at him finally. With fire blazing in my veins. I’m seriously starting to get pissed off. “I called you last week. I got a new phone… I was… I was so exciting that I could start texting you again. I could start calling you on the phone again, to just hear that husky voice of yours…. And you want to know what I heard when the phone got answered?” I’m blatantly fuming with rage. Shaking with the need to hit something.

“What would you like to me to tell you? That I’m stupid, that it didn’t mean anything? Tell me what I have to do to get you to talk to me again? I will do anything in my power, just name it.” He says… Has he lost his ever loving mind? Can he really be that stupid to think I would give him another chance?

“I am be a lot things. And I may act crazy sometimes, maybe a little immature at times. I could even say that I’m naïve. But what I am not. IS a fool, Jason! What you did, and what I heard. Coming from the phone that day, proves to me that you can’t be trusted. That I should have never gave you another chance, because I knew… I knew that it could lead to this. Unlike last time where you actually kicked my ass so hard that I couldn’t even start school that year until the healing, and the marks from the bruises that you gave me went away. Instead this time you used my heart, and played it like a fiddle. I sung to your tune, I danced to your melody. Not anymore. I don’t want anything to do with you. I don’t want to hear your voice, I don’t want to see you, I can’t and won’t subject myself to your self-centered, egotistical, habits any longer. You cheated on me and you knew it when you did it. I didn’t change my number. I knew you saw the name that displayed itself on your phone. So you can sit here and act like you don’t know what you did. You can be clueless. However, I am done with you.” I say to him. I get up and walk away. I wanted to run, I wanted to cry, I wanted… I wanted to scream out in the open. But I couldn’t… I couldn’t show him that he hurt me so much that I am just a shell of a person. Instead, I walked back to my friends. I sat down and buried my head in my arms, and silently cried all of lunch hour.

When the bell rang, my friends sat with me. They didn’t get up and walk away. We all just sat there. After a while, Riley spoke up and told us that the courtyard is empty and that we can get up now and go back to mine. And that’s exactly what we did. For the rest of the day, they stayed by my side as I screamed into the pillow. They all took turns rubbing my back or petting my hair. After awhile, after the tears dried up, I looked at my friends and said, “I am done.” I didn’t know what I meant by that. But it’s how I felt at that moment.

I just didn’t know then that my life become a fairy tale in the coming months. I didn’t know that this would be the last time that all my friends and I would hang out.

This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Quote

“I am be a lot things. And I may act crazy sometimes, maybe a little immature at times. I could even say that I’m naïve. But what I am not. IS a fool, Jason! What you did, and what I heard. Coming from the phone that day, proves to me that you can’t be trusted. That I should have never gave you another chance, because I knew… I knew that it could lead to this. Unlike last time where you actually kicked my ass so hard that I couldn’t even start school that year until the healing, and the marks from the bruises that you gave me went away. Instead this time you used my heart, and played it like a fiddle. I sung to your tune, I danced to your melody. Not anymore. I don’t want anything to do with you. I don’t want to hear your voice, I don’t want to see you, I can’t and won’t subject myself to your self-centered, egotistical, habits any longer. You cheated on me and you knew it when you did it. I didn’t change my number. I knew you saw the name that displayed itself on your phone. So you can sit here and act like you don’t know what you did. You can be clueless. However, I am done with you.”

That's it, that's the crucial moment, Aiden finally telling the Jason what a scumbag he is! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..