Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,399 Words
  • 4,224 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 3. Chapter 3

It’s been a little over three weeks since we have been back in school. I have found out that my used to be best friend, now douche bag, turned back into something, I haven’t figured out yet. My head is twirling from that day. I still can’t figure out why he did that. He’s not gay. He kicked my ass just to make sure I knew that. Now, I don’t fucking know what to do.

I asked Courtney what she thought about it, and she pretty much said that he’s trying to psyche me out. Trying to get inside my head. That sounded like him. The fucking prick. I have football try outs to go to and I have still on my mind, just fucking great, thank you so very much, Jason James.

Try outs went well, I got yelled at a few too many times by the coach. He benched me and had me run laps after. It fucking sucked. My body already hurt by time it was over. Add running twenty laps and call it done.

Coach pretty much said that if I didn’t get my head straight and focused on the game then I wouldn’t be a part of it. I couldn’t afford to let this slip. I’ve worked my ass this summer just so I could prove to coach that I was good enough to be on the team, and I fuck it up. Really!

The next day I spotted Jason at his locker. This could either be enjoyable or nasty. I thought as I walked up beside him. We didn’t say anything to each other, which is good. I didn’t feel like bantering today. My body still screams at me when I turn the wrong way, or extend my arm.

“Hello there, Aiden. How was football practice last night?” Jason says from beside me, I opted to ignore him. He says, “Hello, earth Aiden?” Without even looking at him, I knew he was smiling.

“Fuck off, Jason. I’m not in the mood. As for practice, why the fuck do you care?” I spat, still not looking at him.

“Well I was trying to be nice, but I see you aren’t in the mood for that. But I asked because I watched you practice. Do I really have to tell you, how much you suck, or do you think you already know?” Sighing out loud, I knew he was trying to get under my skin. I heard Courtney’s voice telling me not to fall for it. I tried, I really did. But my anger got the best of me. “You know instead of hitting that pretty face of yours. I’ll just walk away.” Did I really just call his face pretty? What the fuck is wrong with me. I don’t even like him. Shaking my head, I swiftly made my way to homeroom.

Lunch time came way too quick. I was fascinated looking at this very cute guy. The way he would brush his hair away from his eyes. How he held his pencil, and the way he licked his lips. Had me enticed to be near him. More than I currently was. Picking up my book, I made for the exit. Only to have someone drape their arm over my shoulder. Looking to the left of me, I saw Jason. He had a cocky smile on his face. I wanted to do nothing else but to wipe it off.

“What!” I asked irritated

“C’mon you still mad at me?” He asked playfully.

“Actually I am. Very mad at you still.” Shrugging off his arm, I walk to the lunch room.

I could still feel his eyes on me as I walked away. Why does he have to be, in my face all the time? He’s the one that cut the ties not me. We were having fun, playing around, then everything turned serious, and then more serious. I wasn’t the one that kissed me and then kicked my own ass. So just why?

Plopping down I open my text book and read. I didn’t need his shit nor anyone else’s. I have my own problems and drama. Damn it! I read this same paragraph seven times. Closing the book, I folded arms and laid my head down.

“What’s wrong?” Courtney asked. Looking to her, I think she saw what was wrong. “Jason.” She said, I sighed. “What did he do this time?” She inquired.

“Being an ass, acting all buddy buddy to me. I don’t fucking want to play his mind games. I wasn’t the one that did all of those things to me. I wasn’t even the one that started it. So why does this have to be all on me?” I wasn’t really talking to her, she was just there.

“Do you want me to answer that, or no?”

“No.”

“Alright, well how about we talk about something else?”

“I couldn’t agree more.”

“So what do you have going on after school? I was thinking retail therapy?” That perked me up.

“That sounds fun. Want to ditch the last of classes and start it early?” I smiled

“If it wasn’t for my rule of no ditching. OR the fact that school will call your parents. I’d be down.” She stuck a french fry in her mouth and chewed happily. I snatched up one from her tray and popped it in my mouth. My stomach chose to growl at that particular moment.

“I think someone is hungry.”

“Stating the obvious much?”

“You have to keep up the strength Aiden, or you won’t be any good in football.”

“I think what you’re trying to say is, is if I don’t keep up with protein and eating correctly. I won’t be any good or useful for football.”

“Yea, that.” She laughed

“So I should go get lunch, right?”

“That would be good.”

“Alright, if I’m not back in fifteen minutes come find me.”

“Will do sweet stuff.”

Walking through the cafeteria the noise that echoed off the walls was deafening to say the least. How can so many people talk at once? I can barely keep track of my friends talking. And trying to talk with all of them around is damn near impossible.

As I wander over the line, I happen to glance over, and there he sat, in the middle of the chaos. At the popular table, of course he’d be sitting there. Where else do you put ego driven asshats like them? Fuck! I hope he doesn’t see me.

Grabbing the French fries from the steam table. I go to pay for them and escape while I can. However, I wasn’t so lucky. Who happens to be strolling up while I try to escape? Damn right, Jason. I don’t want to deal with his bullshit again.

“Why is it that we keep bumping into each other?” He says with a smirk

“Because apparently my life isn’t complicated enough.” I said sarcastically

“Ha!” And that’s all he said

Wow, and I thought this was going to be another snarky conversation. Apparently I was wrong. Sighing, I go out to join my friends.

“Was that who I think it was?” Asked Courtney

“Yes. Of course. As if my life isn’t already complicated, let’s add him into the mix.” I retorted

“What did he have to say?”

“Nothing, just commented on how we keep bumping into each other. And that was it.”

“That was it? He didn’t say anything else?”

“Should he have?”

“No, just stating.”

“Alright.”

The rest of the day flew by, thank goodness. I didn’t need another conversation. I just wanted to grab my shit from my locker and rush out of this place before something else happens.

On the way to my car, I saw Jason getting into his. Why must I always see him in my line of sight? IS the gods trying to tell me something? IS there some kind of sign, saying “hey look Aiden doesn’t have that many problems in his life, why not throw Jason back into his life? That will surely make his life more complicated. Yes sure, thanks. I have been good, I have made friends, I have a good life. So why all of sudden does it feel like karma is trying to kick my ass? Am I that bad of person? Did I piss someone off in my previous life?

Thank you for reading. LIke and review.
This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 40
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good story so far. I had a friend/ex friend like Jason in high school and went through the same thing that Aiden is going through. I can't wait to read more and see what happens.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 10/23/2016 04:34 PM, wolf39 said:

Good story so far. I had a friend/ex friend like Jason in high school and went through the same thing that Aiden is going through. I can't wait to read more and see what happens.

Thanks. :) I've had a few friends like Jason. Wasn't always a good thing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Unless he's got some long term strategy, Jason doesn't strike me as trying to psych Aiden out. He's playing, yes, but eaxctly what he's playing is hard to work out.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm enjoying this story. That being said, Remijay, you could use an editor. I'm not as good a story teller as you, but I'm a good editor. Let me know if you're up to it. Hope I'm not coming across as critical or "holier than thou."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, gdaniel said:

I'm enjoying this story. That being said, Remijay, you could use an editor. I'm not as good a story teller as you, but I'm a good editor. Let me know if you're up to it. Hope I'm not coming across as critical or "holier than thou."

Lol I could use an editor yes. I am however glad that you’re enjoying this story

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..