Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,284 Words
  • 4,064 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 4. Chapter 4

Later that day, I just sat down to do some much needed homework. Practice did not start for another hour. The house was quiet, my parents and siblings were not home. Thank god. I didn’t need a headache before going. Or a lecture about how my dad wants to see me succeed as a football star. As if I’m any good. I was barely able to get a spot.

Sighing I look at the clock and it just ticked past five. Fuck, forty five minutes before I have to leave. Looking down at my math two book, my eyes sort of crossed, and I instantly forgot what algebraic equation went where. I am so screwed this semester.

There was banging on the door down stairs, not like a normal knock, but literally someone really wanted my attention. Throwing down the pencil, I rush to the door. Upon opening it, I saw Jason standing there shuffling his feet. He looked kind of cute doing that. Wait, what! No, no, no! Shaking my head, “NO!” I stated

“No, what?” He asks

“You being here. Standing at my door step. There are a lot of other things that is wrong with you being here. Why are you here? What you haven’t done enough?” I said all that in a huff

“Why can I not be here? I don’t really know why I am here, I just am. As for the “haven’t you done enough”, what do you mean by that exactly?” He smirks

“Because we are not friends. For instants, I was totally fine being ignoring, not having anyone really pay me that much attention. Secondly, you know that I like guys. Which, is why we are not friends, you made that point pretty fucking clear. And as far as I know you could be trying to destroy me.”

“What! That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Except the not being friends or making my point clear. I’m sorry, Aiden…”

“You’re sorry? Has the four years since we were friends changed how you viewed people like me? What is your plan, Jason? Are you planning on outing me to the school? Are you trying to worm your way back into my life?”

“I didn’t mean to cause you this much pain, Aiden honest. Back then, I didn’t know what the hell gay even meant. I just heard from some of the guys that being gay was wrong. That people like you were perverts, and try to do things with straight guys. I have changed Aiden, honest. I’m not going to out you to the school. I was trying to repair what I have done to you. But I don’t think you want that? I think you want to keep hating me. For that I am truly one hundred percent sorry.”

“Whatever.” I slam the door and slump down behind it.

“I know you are still there. Probably slumped down behind the door, with your arms around your knees trying to not cry.” Am I that predicable?

“Nooo.” I said in a whiny voice.

“Dude, you may have gotten older, but I still know your habits.”

“You don’t know me. You gave up that privilege when you stopped being my friend.”

“True. But I still know you, maybe a little less now than I did before.”

“Just go away, Jason.”

“Fine.”

As the house soon became quiet again, I heard the ticking of the grandfather clock, I heard the birds outside chirping a way, I even heard the refrigerator kick on. My mind replayed what just happened, I cannot believe that Jason came to my house and apologized what he did. Maybe he has changed, I wanted to believe that. I wanted to believe that Jason could be sincere. It has been a long time since we were friends. Maybe in that time he has learned what being gay actually means, and he probably feels shitty for how he has treated me. I hope he does. Shaking my head clear of the situation, I climbed back up the stairs and into the shower.

The shower felt great, I washed all the misery and guilt I had down the drain. I felt renewed somehow. I’ll give Jason another try, on a trial basis and see if he has any ill intentions towards me. I may have washed all that shit away, but I am still insecure about being around him.

Getting to practice was fun, practice just had to be when rush hour occurred. “Mr. Smith!” The coach yells my name as soon as he sees me.

“Yes, coach?” I ask timidly

“Can you tell me why you are late, while everyone else has been here for,” He pauses to look down at his watch, “twenty five minutes?” He glares at me

“Coach, rush hour. I’m,”

“I don’t want to hear it, get changed and meet back here in five minutes. Understood?”

“Yes, coach.” I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. Running to the locker rooms, I swiftly kick off my shoes and pull down my jeans, and pull off my t-shirt. I just put the practice shirt on when I heard a cat call whistle from behind me. Spinning around I see Jason, leaned up against one of the lockers. Glaring at him, “What the fuck are you doing here Jason?” Trying to pull up my practice pants.

“Well I was trying to catch you naked, but you didn’t go down that far.”

“What?” I asked confused

“Nevermind,” Waving off what he just say, “Do you accept my apology?” He asked

“From what you have told me, it seems that you have changed. I’ll give you a try out. If I find out that you have any ill intentions towards me, it’s done. Got it!”

“Got it. Thank you, Aiden.”

“Just get out of here.” Fuck where’s my cup? I patted my privates, fuck I forgot it.

“I’m here coach.” I said as I ran onto the field

“Where do you think you’re going, Smith?”

“Practice,” I point towards where the others were

“No, forty laps.” Coach retorts

“What, why?”

“You were late.” Coaches says as he blows his whistle

I can already tell that this year is going to one for remembering. If it was not for Jason coming back into my life. I would be doing well. I shouldn’t have been late for practice, I shouldn’t have any problems with math. And I could do without the drama. But no, he just has to come back and fuck everything up. I know it seems like I’m whining and you would be correct. I can’t blame everything on Jason. Even though, I was doing totally fine in all my classes. And I didn’t have to worry about Jason outing me or getting people to hate me. So in all actuality, I shouldn’t be complaining, everything is fine for now.

He blows his whistle signaling end of practice, I ran huffing and puffing over to him. “Well ladies you did alright today. Not great, you guys are way off from that, but I do hope by the time play offs come you’ll be doing better. Get out of here and hit the showers. Practice will be Thursday at six pm, don’t be late.” He looks directly at me when he said that. “Smith, I need to have a word with you.” I stayed put.

“Yea, coach?”

“You’re behavior lately isn’t what I would call perfect. But I do understand your being late. Rush hour is a pain in arse. Don’t let it be a problem.”

“Will do coach thank you.”

“Hit the showers.” He jerks his thumb to the locker room.

LIke and Review. Thanks for reading. Starz0507@gmail.com email me if you wish
This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 41
  • Love 4
  • Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Aiden needs to remember that there's a huge maturity gap between a 12-year-old and a 16-year-old. It's not unreasonable for Jason to have grown-up, though he still needs to be cautious. Just because Jason is older, that doesn't mean he's matured or that he hasn't developed poorly in a social sense.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Jason from the get go upon meeting Aidan again after all this time was calling him a homo and seemed to be trying to get under his skin. Fairly certain he is also trying to get into Aidan’s pants despite his oh so witty reply about not being into homo shit when Aidan told him to F off. He at the very least has poor social skills and his attitude wouldn't endear me to him. I simply don’t feel like he’s been that friendly towards Aidan or shown true signs of having changed. I guess we’ll see what his motives are in good time.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

He beat him then abused him ongoing and had started abusive behavior immediately when he finds him again. Hell no. Break his kneecaps to get his attention. Evil kids become evil adults

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..