Jump to content

Barnegat Bay

   (1 review)

Barnegat Bay is a romance, which starts on the Jersey shore in the summer of 1932.  It focuses on its narrator, Doc, and his friends Mike, Larry, Al, and Spence, summer lifeguards soon headed into their senior year at CCNY -- the City College of New York.  This is in the uncertain times and job market of the still early years of the Great Depression, just before Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected.  Joining the guys are Mary and Claire, local to the area but no less ambitious for their lives, and in fairly close by New York City, Doc's parents.

It may initially seem an odd book for this site, but, believe me, it's not.

The book was inspired by a series of a dozen-or-so black-and-white 8" x 10" photographs I found in a Roanoke, Virginia, antique store in late summer 1988.  I thought there might be a book in them, and I thought it might have to do with betrayal and be somewhat related to one set of my grandparents.  I was wrong, but it took me several years of occasional writing and repeated thinking to discover that.
2020 by Richard Eisbrouch

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

pvtguy

  

As was said in the description of this story, not a story you might expect on this site, but one wee worth reading!  A true testament to love and commitment from the time of the Great Depression forward.  It is a great read!

 

Response from the author:

Thanks for this.  That's really great, and, again, I appreciate your cheering me along.  It helped.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..