Jump to content

Happily Ever After, Ltd.

   (2 reviews)

Prince Charming goes missing from the pages of Cinderella, resulting in chaos in the offices of Happily Ever After, Ltd. The manager of the Cinderella division, Dorothy Weaver, has to try to salvage a happy ending. She temporarily replaces Prince Charming with nineteen-year-old Ryan Hooper, without realising he’s gay. Inside the fairytale, Ryan tries his best to find a happy ending …

Copyright © 2020 Richie Tennyson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Talo Segura

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Richie Tennyson's take on Cinderella is cleverly surreal in its interpretation of this classic story. Fairy tales by their very nature are unreal, strange, even dream like, but this goes one step further. By a clever twist of the imagination, the author mixes reality with make believe and brings the tale alive by putting a real life human inside the book. And take note, he finds he is not the only real person trapped inside the pages playing out the tale, which strives to arrive at a happy ever after ending.

Back in the real world personal relationships amongst the hard working employees of the company responsible for delivering the story, have their own drama and intrigue. Tension reaches a critical point as Dave attempts to rescue his newly introduced friend Ryan, the one chosen to replace the missing fairy tale Prince in the story book. The unknown second human also there, is a saboteur, and added to all this, the problem for the story is that Ryan is gay and not particularly attracted to the opposite sex! How will they ever arrive at a happy ever after ending?

With so much going on the pace is fast and the story addictive. There is, you might say, never a dull moment. Plenty of twists and unpredictable turns leave the reader guessing as to what exactly is going on and what will happen next.

Turning a well known story into an excitingly different read is no easy feat, and Mr Tennyson manages this with some aplomb. This was clearly not a story thrown together, but thought out and planned. It also, along the way, poses a very pertinent question about how we might all be to some extent programmed by society in our life expectations. Every little boy to grow up and become a Prince, who will fall in love with and marry his Princess, or visa versa, but with the same result, they (we) live happily ever after.

An excellent book which I would recommend anyone to read and which is refreshingly different. Possibly if you are looking for simply another gay romantic life drama, you might find you are disappointed, but if you want to be entertained by a story with a gay theme and lots of intrigue, you will enjoy the ride.

Response from the author:

Thanks for this great review! I'm really glad you enjoyed it :D

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This fantastic story is a modern day re-writing of the Cinderella, but not as you would expect.

The book is now owned by Happily Ever Ltd and we follow the story on the day that Prince Charming goes missing.

What follows is a calamitous three days as Dorothy Weaver has to try and repair the story of Cinderella using various tactics, including inserting a temporary Prince. The temporary Prince, Ryan just happens to be gay, but we follow him as he tries his best to find a Happy Ending.

A truly fantastic take on Cinderella that I highly recommend as a fantastic read.

Response from the author:

Thanks for this wonderful review Chris! I really appreciate it & so glad you enjoyed the story :)

  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..