Jump to content
    Sammy Blue
  • Author
  • 2,859 Words
  • 8,809 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Gemini - 12. Dangerous Secrets

Finally an update! Sorry it took me so long. :3

Jacob

“Hey, how was your day so far?” Josh asked as he pulled me into a brotherly hug.

“It’s okay, I guess,” I replied. I considered telling him what had happened between me and Parker, but decided against it. He seemed happy and I didn’t want to ruin his mood by talking about that asshole. I’d tell him some other time. “How about yours?”

He grinned at me as we sat down. “Awesome. I’m really liking your life.”

I smiled. It was good to hear that he enjoyed his time. He seemed different somehow; more self-confident, happier. It seemed that my plan to make things easier for him had worked well. I had fixed things with Philip and Parker and now he just needed to come out of his shell.

“Any problems,” I asked.

His smile faded a bit. “Yeah. You could have warned me about taking showers after PE,” he said, but then his smile lit back up. “It worked out well, though. I survived it, so it’s okay, I guess.”

“Warned you about what?” I asked confused.

“You know, that you take a shower after PE. I don’t, nobody in my class does, as you might have noticed, because it’s in the last period and so far I have always been able to dodge that one,” he explained.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I said earnestly. That must have been a shock to him, considering how shy and withdrawn he usually was. He just grinned, though. “Don’t worry. It was scary at first, but I went through with it and I actually feel good about that now. It’s not that bad, I guess. It will still take me some getting used to, though.”

I chuckled. “I know what you mean. It’s not a big deal to me now, but back when I took my first shower at school, I was kind of scared, too.” But then I thought for a moment. “Aren’t you supposed to enjoy taking a shower with a bunch of guys? You’re gay!”

He gave me a sour look. “Seriously? I didn’t look at anyone. I was way too scared that I’d pop a boner or something. It was just really embarrassing, nothing else.”

“Well, I guess that’s normal, though,” I said. I conspicuously leaned over to him and all but whispered. “It’s hard to believe, but even Ethan was scared about getting undressed that first time back when we were Freshmen. He was kind of a late bloomer. Don’t tell anyone I told you, though. He’d never forgive me.” I winked at him.

“It really is hard to imagine,” he chuckled, and then he fell silent and stared at the ground in front of his feet, blushing.

“What?” I asked him.

“Uhm, nothing really,” he replied hastily. “Oh, by the way, do you remember Cody?”

“The new guy? What about him?” I asked.

“He’s kinda cool. We talked at lunch, Ethan, Sarah, him and me that is, and he invited us over to hang at his place some time this week”, he said excitedly. He hesitated for a moment. “He’s gay, though. I hope you don’t mind. I didn’t know until we were already eating lunch together and then I couldn’t just get up and leave. Ethan didn’t mind, so I just went along with it. I’m just worried that there will be a problem with your brothers.”

I thought about that for a moment. If Ethan liked that guy, I could hardly not hang out with him, just because he was gay. “They will have to deal with it. In case they ask you about it, just blame it on Ethan, alright?”

“Okay, great,” he said and seemed relieved.

“You like him?” I asked suspiciously.

“Huh, Cody? I don’t know, he seems okay,” he said, but then frowned. “Oh, you mean that way. No, he’s not my type, don’t worry.”

“Good,” I sighed. “It’s one thing to tell Ian and Conrad that it’s not their business who I hang out with, it’s another if you start flirting with that guy or something.”

He frowned at me and when he spoke his voice was almost a little bitter. “It’s not like I don’t know how to hide I’m gay, okay? I have more experience with that than you can possibly imagine.”

I didn’t know how to reply. He did have a point. Instead of continuing our conversation, I stared off into the distance. After a minute or two he spoke again. “I got Ethan to help me on the farm this afternoon. I’m too exhausted from yesterday and PE to survive that alone.”

I nodded. “Good idea. My aunt really likes him. She’ll be happy to see him again.”

For the next hour or so, we enjoyed the sunshine and made some smalltalk. I told Josh a little more about the farm and he listened interestedly. When we didn’t know what to talk about anymore, we just laid back and closed our eyes to relax.

“I’ve gotta get going,” Josh said after checking the time on his phone. He yawned and got up. “What do we do about French?”

“We swap back tomorrow during lunch, so I can go to French at my school. Then we meet again after school and hang out for the afternoon,” I suggested. “Unless you have changed your mind about going to the farm today?”

He shrugged. “Sounds good, and don’t worry about the farm. I’ll be okay.”

“Alright, see you tomorrow then,” I said, as we bumped fists.

I smiled as I looked after him. The way he was walking had changed, too. It looked more confident. I wondered what life would have been like if we had grown up together. My parents sure didn’t know that he existed. They would have adopted both of us if they had known. Things could have been so different. I really hoped that someday we could close this gap, like we had never been separated.

After another ten minutes, I got up, too, and walked into the other direction, towards Josh’s home. I was just leaving the park when I saw Parker walking down the street in the opposite direction, surrounded by a couple of his buddies. He spotted me only seconds after I had noticed him, and shot me an evil glare. He was intimidating, but showing fear wasn’t going to help me, so I forced myself to respond with a gentle smile.

The closer he and his friends came the more nervous I became, but when he was about 15 feet away from me, he broke the eye contact and passed without doing anything. I let out a sigh of relief. He could be scary indeed, but apparently my tactic had worked.

Still lost in thought about Parker, I entered Josh’s home and went to his room. I had barely dropped the backpack next to his desk when there was a knock at the door. I waited for a few seconds, but nobody came in. Finally I realized why that was. “Come in,” I called.

Philip opened the door. “How are you, Josh? You’re a bit early.”

I shrugged. “Dunno, I’m alright. We got out of PE a bit early.”

He looked at me for a moment, like he was lost in thoughts. I decided to interrupt that, before he could actually notice anything unusual about me, or think through whatever was going on in his head. “Uhm, I was going to take a shower, so like, is there anything else?”

“Oh, no,” Philip said quickly. “Or actually, yes. Your father has a meeting in an hour. He needs me to join him, to play his personal assistant or something. We will be back for dinner, though. Do you need anything until then?”

“I’m fine, thanks,” I replied. “I’ll see you later.”

He made to leave, but I stopped him. “Oh, and Philip? Thanks for, you know… not just coming in and all.”

He smiled at me. “No problem.”

I leaned back and yawned. Satisfied, I looked over all the numbers and letters on the papers in front of me. Doing Josh’s homework was tough, but I had a feeling that I was starting to understand what was going on in his math class. I had spent all afternoon and a part of the evening to do all of his homework and learn a bit for my own finals.

Dinner had been not much different from the night before, but I was getting used to Mr. Adams and this time I had just tuned him out and nodded to everything he said. The things he said were still ugly and I really disliked him as a person, but I was able to pretend that it didn’t bother me. I went on YouTube to chill out a bit before going to sleep.

After listening to a few songs, I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in,” I called out, and Philip entered my room.

“Hey, I’m about to leave,” he informed me. “I just wanted to check on you before I go. What’s up? You seem different lately.”

“Huh, different? What do you mean?” I asked.

“I don’t know… you seem more confident, friendlier,” he replied.

“Uhm, no idea,” I lied. “I just felt like it, I guess.”

“You were away a lot during the last week. Have you found some friends? Met a girl?” He asked with a grin.

“Uhm,” I said. How the hell was I going to get out of this?

“Or a boy maybe?” He asked and winked at me.

I stared at him in shock. “Why would you think that? I’m... I’m straight, so definitely not.”

He laughed. “No worries, I was just teasing you. Really freaked you out, huh?”

I frowned at him. I had a bad feeling about the way he was looking at me. If I said nothing, I would probably do more harm than good. Philip’s suggestion about me having met a boy was dangerous. “Well, I made a few friends at the pool, but that’s it really.”

For some reason, Philip seemed happy about that and he smiled at me. “That’s really nice to hear.”

The whole gay thing wouldn’t let me go, so I decided to add a little white lie. I hesitated for a moment and then I put on my best dreamy smile. “There is this girl though. She’s really cute, but I doubt that I will have any chance with her.”

Philip raised an eyebrow. “Oh really?”

“Yeah, she’s really nice,” I said. “And beautiful.”

“Well, good luck then, I guess,” he said and grinned at me, but somehow it sounded off. As if he was disappointed… or as if he knew that something was wrong. Before I could analyze it any further, the moment was over and he opened the door to leave.

“Well, good night, Josh. See you tomorrow,” he said, and closed the door behind him.

Had Philip any suspicions? If he did, then it rooted back to way before I had even met Josh. He wouldn’t throw something like that out there just because of my reaction during dinner the day before, or would he? Was he testing me? If so, then I had apparently given him a reason to doubt me even further. It seemed like he knew something. He wouldn’t just risk his job over nothing. His comment about Mr. Adams’ views being outdated the night before… that was a risky thing to do in his position.

The next hour or so, I spent on YouTube, watching a few more videos and thinking about Philip. Suddenly there was a loud knock and at the same moment the door started to swing open and Mr. Adams entered.

“Hey Josh, I see you are still up,” he commented.

“Oh yeah, I was about to go to sleep,” I replied.

“Anyway,” he said. “This weekend we will go to Washington to visit your grandparents. Be ready to leave Friday right after school.”

“Okay,” I said, unsure how to react. Josh hadn’t said much about his grandparents, other than that they lived in Washington.

Mr. Adams left the room and I quickly called Josh.

“Hey, hold on?” he said when he picked up. “Uhm, give me a second to get out of here, ok?”

I heard some voices and noise in the background and then the sound of a door being shut.

“Alright, I’m outside. What’s new?”

Should I tell him about Parker or Philip? I assumed that it would completely freak him out, so I decided against mentioning it.

“Uhm,” I said. “Your parents are planning a trip to Washington to visit your grandparents this weekend. They want to take you with them”

“Ugh! I don’t really feel like going there this weekend. I mean it’s a cool city, but I’ve done all the sight-seeing, so it’s kinda boring. I’ve been there a lot when I was younger. Not so much lately though. Have you ever been there?” He asked.

“I’ve never been much further away from this city than aunt Mary’s farm. Why do you ask?”

“Well, why don’t you go then?” he suggested excitedly. “My parents won’t be around much, the only reason for them to go there is business and politics. You could see the city and if you’re lucky my grandmother will take you out shopping. Just pretend to be a nice, sweet little grandson who is still five years old and she’ll be at your feet.”

“Uhm…” I started, trying to say something, but he rambled on: “They are a bit annoying but you’ll get used to it, and you could keep whatever my grandmother buys for you. You could get a whole new wardrobe if you play it right, well maybe no new undies, I wouldn’t try that with her,” he laughed. “but, maybe a few nice polo shirts and a new pair of shoes, or two, and...”

“Could you breathe already?” I interrupted him. “Won’t they notice? I mean, I don’t know the city at all.”

“Don’t worry about that,” he told me. “I don’t know the area all that well either, I can never remember what way I went when I follow someone else. They will always have someone go with you when you go out, for safety and all. My grandparents don’t want me to be alone in the city. They are scared I could get lost or something.”

“Well, it does sound cool,” I told him. That might actually be an interesting trip. “So our role reversal goes on until Monday morning, except for the French lessons, and then we swap back?”

I was really hoping he would accept. It would give him more time to get mentally away from his family. Even though being with his parents definitely wasn’t fun, I wanted to do this. If he had done this for almost sixteen years, I could survive it for a week.

“Sounds cool,” he said happily. “I kind of like it here. I really miss my computer and having my own room, but dinners are fun and your family is like… warm, cordially, you know? I just feel really bad about deceiving them, you know? They believe that I’m you, so they love me, but what would happen when they find out that I am not you? I hope they won’t hate me.”

He sounded so sad when he said that. “Don’t worry,” I told him. “I really understand what you mean. Thinking about what the dinners with your parents are like… well, you really deserve something like this. They will be understanding. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Thanks,” he said softly.

I cleared my throat, trying to get rid of the mushy feelings in my chest. “Anyway, how are you feeling? I take it school was crazy? How was the work on the farm?”

“Ugh. I’m totally beat,” he groaned. “Just descending the stairs hurts like hell and now that I have taken a shower, I’m just tired and want to go to sleep.”

“Alright, let’s call it a night, then. The longer you sleep the better for your body,” I told him. “I’m really tired, too. Learning for my finals and trying to do your homework is way exhausting.”

“Alright, have a good night, sleep well,” he told me.

“Night, you too,” I said, and hung up.

I put the phone aside and went to brush my teeth. Once I had stripped and slipped under the covers, sleep claimed me quickly, and the rest of the night I dreamed about my unexpected trip to Washington.

It was quite a nightmare, actually. I was at the mall with an old lady, apparently Josh’s grandmother. I wanted to buy a pair of SpongeBob boxers, but she kept dragging me back to the section where the suits were and tried to force me into a ridiculously expensive suit. I refused to wear it though, and tried to escape from her. It ended up with her chasing me through the store and then out to the streets, me only in a SpongeBob boxers and her with the suit in her hands.

A little shorter than usual, but finally I have the feeling that this story is getting a bit more complex. Let me know what you think! :)
Copyright © 2016 Sammy Blue; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Hmm... I think there's a major problem coming up. They're pushing this swap way too far and it's going to fall in a screaming heap soon. Josh is clearly enjoying his 'new life' and Jacob is willing to let him. But the longer they go, the more issues that will arise when they swap back. Phillip, in particular, will notice when Josh switches back because he won't know what Jacob has told him, like the thing about friends at the pool and that girl....

 

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Link to comment
On 02/09/2014 10:54 AM, Graeme said:
Hmm... I think there's a major problem coming up. They're pushing this swap way too far and it's going to fall in a screaming heap soon. Josh is clearly enjoying his 'new life' and Jacob is willing to let him. But the longer they go, the more issues that will arise when they swap back. Phillip, in particular, will notice when Josh switches back because he won't know what Jacob has told him, like the thing about friends at the pool and that girl....

 

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Hehe yeah, it seems Jacob keeps adding up things he doesn't tell Josh and Josh didn't give him every detail either... we'll see where this leads. ;)

 

Thanks for your review! =)

Link to comment

Longer they keep up this swapping lives, the harder it´ll be to adjust back to their own lives, for both of them. They have done and said things other doesn´t know about. They think it´s a big, fun adventure, and hopefully it won´t end too badly. Phillip obviously is suspicious already, but there´s no way he could know what´s going on. But one day there will be someone who sees them together....

Great chapter :*)

Link to comment
On 02/09/2014 05:34 PM, Suvitar said:
Longer they keep up this swapping lives, the harder it´ll be to adjust back to their own lives, for both of them. They have done and said things other doesn´t know about. They think it´s a big, fun adventure, and hopefully it won´t end too badly. Phillip obviously is suspicious already, but there´s no way he could know what´s going on. But one day there will be someone who sees them together....

Great chapter :*)

Good point about adjusting back to their own lives. Also, there might be more to Philip than we see at first. ;3

Thanks! :)

Link to comment

First I read the german version. Now I saw that the english one is some steps ahead I switched to this.

The Story is nice and and I enjoy the absence of the sex thing, like other stories have and the slow going on (many stories have too much events and disasters in too short time)

The switching of the twins is going to make the story complicate, because of the long duration.

Maybe they should make a coming out at the parents of Joshua? Or Some one will discover the secrets? Let's see how let you going on the story :-)

Sorry for my bad english, if it so :-) I'm german native, but this is an english forum ....

Now I'm waiting for the next chapter. Hopefully not too long.

Link to comment
On 02/11/2014 06:14 AM, JesseTolaria said:
First I read the german version. Now I saw that the english one is some steps ahead I switched to this.

The Story is nice and and I enjoy the absence of the sex thing, like other stories have and the slow going on (many stories have too much events and disasters in too short time)

The switching of the twins is going to make the story complicate, because of the long duration.

Maybe they should make a coming out at the parents of Joshua? Or Some one will discover the secrets? Let's see how let you going on the story :-)

Sorry for my bad english, if it so :-) I'm german native, but this is an english forum ....

Now I'm waiting for the next chapter. Hopefully not too long.

Thanks for your review! :)

I will reply in English, so everyone else can read what we're writing. ;)

 

First of all, thanks for your compliments! As for Josh coming out, I cannot see that happen any soon, at least not willingly. However, Philip seems to have his suspicions... so we will see what happens. That one would not end pretty, though. And someone is bound to find out what is going on at some point. So many people have suspicions on one thing or another already. More than they are willing to realize. Parker doesn't seem to be all that happy about what happened to him and Mr. Fisher, Philip and Ian already have noticed things and a forth person is about to join them in the next chapter... ;)

 

Don't worry about your English! Practice makes perfect!

Link to comment

Josh and Jacob are very appealing characters, don't let them get too hurt by their misadventures.

Link to comment
On 02/12/2014 01:40 PM, Foster said:
Josh and Jacob are very appealing characters, don't let them get too hurt by their misadventures.
I will try my best. I'm usually a sucker for happy ends, though, or at least for not too devastating ends, so I guess we'll be alright. ;)
Link to comment

Uh oh there could be trouble ahead. I think Josh and Jacob need to talk to each other about what they are saying to others in their lives. ie Jacob needs to tell about his conversation with Philip and Josh needs to talk about his interactions too. Mayhaps they need to at least let Jacob's parents in on the twin thing? Especially what if something does develop between josh and ethan? that coule complicate things too

Link to comment
On 02/23/2014 02:15 AM, Jammi said:
Uh oh there could be trouble ahead. I think Josh and Jacob need to talk to each other about what they are saying to others in their lives. ie Jacob needs to tell about his conversation with Philip and Josh needs to talk about his interactions too. Mayhaps they need to at least let Jacob's parents in on the twin thing? Especially what if something does develop between josh and ethan? that coule complicate things too
The Josh and Ethan thing definitely has potential to cause problems. They will shy away from letting anyone know though, or at least Josh will. Jacob's parents would only go along with keeping it from Josh's parents for so long and what then?

Thanks for your review! :)

Link to comment

I have a weird feeling about this Phillip ;) I kinda like him for being so mysterious. Now why would an extremely anti-gay bigot of a politician move to a new town and hire a male housekeeper/nanny to look after his boy and house? Maybe this Phillip is an illegitimate son? :o Mr. Adam's brother? :o a spy? :o Mr. Adam's secret lover!? :o

Link to comment
On 03/03/2014 05:24 PM, AceKebabs said:
I have a weird feeling about this Phillip ;) I kinda like him for being so mysterious. Now why would an extremely anti-gay bigot of a politician move to a new town and hire a male housekeeper/nanny to look after his boy and house? Maybe this Phillip is an illegitimate son? :o Mr. Adam's brother? :o a spy? :o Mr. Adam's secret lover!? :o
I didn't mention the reasons for the move (or was it business related?) I don't know... I need to go over the whole story and edit a lot of things... I'm not sure they moved to Albany just to hire Philip, though. ;D

Very interesting theories, though! :3

Link to comment

Definitely getting more complex, but that's good, is it not. It makes the story more realistic and believable. Life is generally complicated for most of us. Not too many that can enjoy the simple life. Haha!

But, yes, this swap is really going far beyond what was originally planned and is going to surely come to a bad end sometime soon. Have those History tests still not been graded? Tardy teacher! (I can say that because I am a teacher too. haha!)

Philip is really going to cause a problem. Seems he is gay and suspects that Josh is too. I hope he's not thinking he can create some sort of issue that is going to help him in some way. The whole set up there is nasty and full of unspoken things, and the homophobic father is a nightmare. Normally people like that are hiding something and they are also hard and cruel.

I think I must take a break now and come back to the story tomorrow. I am really enjoying it. Thanks for sharing it.

Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 03:58 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Definitely getting more complex, but that's good, is it not. It makes the story more realistic and believable. Life is generally complicated for most of us. Not too many that can enjoy the simple life. Haha!

But, yes, this swap is really going far beyond what was originally planned and is going to surely come to a bad end sometime soon. Have those History tests still not been graded? Tardy teacher! (I can say that because I am a teacher too. haha!)

Philip is really going to cause a problem. Seems he is gay and suspects that Josh is too. I hope he's not thinking he can create some sort of issue that is going to help him in some way. The whole set up there is nasty and full of unspoken things, and the homophobic father is a nightmare. Normally people like that are hiding something and they are also hard and cruel.

I think I must take a break now and come back to the story tomorrow. I am really enjoying it. Thanks for sharing it.

Okay, one reply to all the reviews up to here. :D That makes it easier. :)

 

I love how you share your observations and thoughts. I plan to do a major edit to this story at some point and reviews like these help a lot with planning something like that. Though mostly, you show me that I was pretty successful in getting the reader where I want him to be. (hehe)

 

I must refrain myself from writing too much, lest I spoiler.

 

I will say this much though, you are very perceptive. Cody and causing problems? Oh yes, in a way he does.

Philip causing problems... you will be surprised just how much. ;)

 

It will all come within the next chapters...

I'm looking forward to reading more from you tomorrow (or whenever you get to reading again)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..