Jump to content

Gemini

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Josh’s life leaves a lot to be desired. Between his conservative parents and being an outcast at school, he feels desperately alone. His only outlet is swimming. Running into trouble at the public pool brings major changes to his life; a new friend, a first love and a boy who looks like he just stepped out of Josh’s mirror...

strong>Disclaimer: The events depicted in this story are fictitious.  Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental.
Copyright © 2016 Sammy Blue; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Zuri

· Edited by Zuri

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This story really has everything it needs to be loved: Heartwarming characters, relatable storylines, thrilling cliffhangers and surprising plot twists.

We've all been there, cross my heart: In the closet, afraid that someone finds out about you being different.

The author also takes responsibility for writing empathetically about topics like coming out and bullying.

Gemini's roughly based on "The Prince and the Pauper" and "Lottie and Lisa" and I first wondered back then if it was a good idea to steal the idea of others who came before. Then I asked myself how hard it is, to come up with completely new ideas, but then I realized that the real challenge is to tell stories again but in a way that blows the reader's minds. And what can I say—he nailed it. The story is way more than just a role swap, more than just 27+1 chapters of coming out and not just 50 % bullying. It's a nice mix of all that and more, which makes the reading experience so stunning.

So, it's not much of a surprise that I agree with what @Andrew Q Gordon said in Ask an Author:

Quote

I know I’m not the only one glad that Sammy didn’t leave us hanging at chapter 23!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..