Jump to content

Winter Holiday

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

2006 Winter Anthology (pic)

The reader should be aware that this story is gay romantic fiction. It is NOT pornography, nor does it describe any relationship that is either abusive or inter-generational. I will never write such matter. This story indeed contains no sex scenes, but I hope it has an erotic element and that erotic element concerns love between male consenting adults. If this offends you or if it is illegal or immoral in your culture or country, please do not read further.
Copyright © 2010 Sinbad; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BigBen

  

A great little story about a closeted university student on a winter holiday in the Lake District.  He becomes involved with a rescue team sent up Helvellyn to assist a couple of climbers in trouble.  In the course of events, the main character becomes thoroughly acquainted with the team leader.  The complication is that the student is still in the closet, whereas the rescue team leader is "the openly gay villager."

The story is good-humoured, and the drama is low-key.  The two main characters handle their developing relationship calmly and pragmatically, with the kind of matter-of-factness that is the British outlook at its best.  There's no great conflict here, merely a charmingly-drawn slice of life.  Any reader who finds the story at all congenial is likely to be drawn back periodically to read it again.  It's a great little story.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..