Jump to content

The Lizard 1. The Lizard

   (1 review)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

Florence, Italy. On the cemetery of San Miniato young Luca Montori meets Alessandro, the noble lad of the famous family Gondi-Lucertola. Both come from a very different origin, and yet they find a common base. After a mutual spent summer, Luca starts his apprenticeship at a workshop, and Alessandro starts his study at the university of Pisa. But then Alessandro is faced with a very difficult decision that will influence everything he believes in.

Copyright © 2011 Stefan; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Talo Segura

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This series of four books, titled after the four seasons, follows the relationship which forms when Luca, the youngest of four brothers from a working class family of artisans, meets Alessandro, a boy a little older from a noble and rich family. The contrasts are stark and confrontation presents itself from all angles, not the least being within Lucas's own family. 

An epic struggle and a classic love story, the setting, history, and art, of Italy provides a magnificent backdrop incredibly well described by the author. Despite the formatting, most probably a function of this being published in 2011, and notwithstanding the at times oddly written phrases, English is not the author's mother tongue, this is without any doubt a masterpiece. Four books which standout from the usual as wonderful works of fiction with so much more to them than simply the love story.

A whole host of friends and enemies are conjured with equal skill and the story tells the lives of more than only the two protagonists. At times sad, at times exuberant, sexy, and emotional, the story simply can't be put down. The books live and the characters are as real as anyone you may have met. They have their good points and their less good points, each has his or her own character, and they develop over the period of a few years, just as each of us grows up, grows older, and changes.

This series of books were recommended by a friend, and once I started reading I could not stop. I quickly got past any imperfections, and despite it being not polished like the finished carvings in Lucas's workshop, or the marble statues which adorn the Italian city of Florence, it rose above all this by its shear quality. Despite it being a series which can always be daunting to start, in the end you will thank the author for it being long, because like all good books, you don't want them to end.

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..