Jump to content
    Talo Segura
  • Author
  • 2,538 Words
  • 1,063 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Camp Echo - 18. Chapter Eighteen - Lazy Sunday Afternoon.

 

Nate tells Max about an encounter on Hampstead Heath.

Aeriol invites Davy for Sunday lunch and more...

From the top of the hill a grassy slope dropped away leaving a magnificent panorama of the London skyline shrouded in a haze that attempted to disguise and blur the features.

"I used to come here a lot as a kid."

Max stared into the distance and shuffled closer to Nate on the bench.

"I reckon it would be better if the sun broke through."

"It might manage it later."

Max smiled to himself. He was in a good mood today and the cold didn't bother him.

"It's a huge park. I reckon I know it all, the common and Kenwood."

"I do as well, you know. We only live around the corner," Nate turned to look at him.

"Yeah, I nearly forgot, you're a rich kid."

Nate bumped shoulders.

"Cut out the rich kid stuff. I hate that. You know the cruising area?"

Oh, look who's changing the subject now?"

"I was gonna tell you a story, but..." Nate let his words float off into the crisp air.

"You were. Okay, I'm sorry, Nate. Go on, I wanna hear it."

"Yes, but should I tell?"

"Come on, don't tease."

"Alright. So there's a cruising area not far from where you enter the common off Hampstead Lane. Right at the start."

"Yeah? I don't know it."

"Well last summer I was hanging out there. Sunbathing."

"Sunbathing!"

"Well. Sunbathing and looking."

"Cruising, you mean."

"No, not really. I mean... Kind of. Curious, you know."

Max didn't reply, but turned to look at his boyfriend, and smiled.

"So, this guy kept looking over. You know, watching me. It was obvious something was going on. And I'm like excited and nervous all at the same time."

"By excited you mean, hard?"

"Listen. This guy, after a bit, sort of gives a gesture."

"A gesture?"

"Yeah, calling me over. So I think, why not. I pick up my stuff and wonder over to join him. He smiles. We get talking."

"How old was this guy?"

"I don't know, twenty-eight, twenty-nine. That's a guess, I really didn't know and never asked."

"So nearly twice your age."

"I guess. But I never thought about it like that. What's it matter?"

"Well, it's dangerous for one thing."

"Yeah, you're right. But I didn't go off with him. We just talked."

"And? What happened?"

"Can we walk a bit? I'm starting to feel cold sitting here."

Max stood up. They turned back from the bench to regain the path.

"So carry on," Max prompted, as they headed off.

"We arranged to meet the next weekend. Turned out he lived between Muswell Hill and East Finchley."

"We'll go down here and round by the lakes," Max indicated the route.

"Anyway I went round to his place. I was really, really, nervous, but I'd made up my mind. It turns out to be a little block of flats. Nice place, even got a lift. He's on the third floor, not the top. Then, when I get inside..."

Max stopped at the same time Nate paused his story. He turned to look at him.

"You get inside and what?"

Nate smiled: "shock, horror, there are three guys, him and two others he said he shares the place with. There are only two bedrooms and I'm trying to work out what the setup is. Are the other two a couple? Are we gonna have group sex?"

"And?" Max absolutely wanted him to get to the end.

"It all made me even more nervous. He offered me a drink. I took a beer, but ended up spilling it. I was trying not to shake, but it just was overwhelming. Not what I expected."

"You mean there being three guys there?"

"Yeah. I felt he was showing me off as some sort of trophy. You know, like, look guys, I picked up a cute twink. Then my mind starts running on overdrive. I'm thinking orgy. I'm thinking three, twenty, thirty, year olds, fucking me. And I'm getting more and more nervous and worried."

"Like I said it's dangerous."

"Suppose. But I wasn't exactly scared, only nervous and not really able to work out what was going on. But the other two guys were nice. One was even flirting. They actually tried to make me feel at ease. But it didn't work."

"So what did you do?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I made some stupid excuse. Don't even remember what. Something like maybe, I've got to go, and I got up and left."

"And what did they say?"

"Nothing. I mean they all said goodbye, nice meeting, all that. He asked if we'd meet again."

"And you said?"

Nate laughed. "I told him sure, call me."

"So did he?"

"I never gave him my number."

By now they'd almost reached the ponds. Everyone called them ponds, they were small lakes where people bathed, a men only swimming lake and a more private ladies lake. There's a whole history to Hampstead Heath including the ponds which were originally dug as London reservoirs. The single sex men's pond has always had a sort of vague reputation as a pickup spot for men and boys going back easily to before the war, if not earlier. Only the most dedicated of swimmers would bathe there at this time of the year, but some did.

"I know what your thinking?" Nate said.

"What?"

Nate didn't reply.

"I was thinking you'd freeze your balls off if you went swimming in there," Max nodded towards the icy looking water.

"Oh. I thought maybe you thought I was a bit of a wimp."

You mean, for getting nervous and leaving, or not jumping in the pond?" Max grinned.

"Yeah, very funny. For leaving, wimping out."

"Nope," Max replied, turning to face him. "I think I'd have probably done just the same."

He looked around, seeing no one else was about, he lent in and planted a soft kiss on Nate's lips. They walked on arm in arm around the lake.

"Coming back to my place?" Nate asked.

Max's eyes lit up.

"Sure," he smiled.

 

 

"You all alone?" Aeriol asked.

Max nodded: "Nate had some stuff to do."

"Shut the door. You're letting all the heat out."

Max smiled, stepped into the lounge and closed the door, clicking it shut. He wandered over to the window, looking out at the deserted street and parked cars.

"It's raining."

"Are you two going away?" Aeriol asked, ignoring Max's observation about the weather.

Max stood there staring out the window.

"Yeah, I think so. But next year. Probably in April or May."

"And Nate, what's he doing between now and then?"

"Oh, I think he's working in the cafe."

"You seem kinda distracted?"

Max turned and looked across at Aeriol. He walked over next to the fireplace. Then he was standing over Aeriol watching the flickering of yellow flames skate across the the front of the gas fire. The tiny tinge of blue, curving around the edges, and the slight glow of radiant heat.

"I got a call from Davy," Max told him.

"When was that?"

"Friday evening."

"What'd he want?"

"Oh, you know. To meet up."

Max turned to grab the large bean bag and pull it close to the fire. He sat down opposite Aeriol.

"And are you going to?"

"I don't know. It's probably only for one thing."

"Sex?"

Max nodded, but didn't speak.

"So?"

"So, nothing. I'm with Nate. I don't want to ruin things."

"Is Nate that possessive?"

"You wouldn't understand," Max frowned. "It's nothing to do with being possessive. It's a relationship for fuck's sake. A relationship. Do you even know what one of those is?"

"Oh! Ouch! Okay, keep you're hair on."

"Yeah, well, it's not about being possessive, but if you're a couple."

"Okay, I get it," Aeriol interrupted. "You don't want sex with Davy."

Max sighed.

"You know, Aeriol. Is that all you think about?"

Aeriol decided he needed a joint. If they were getting into a stupid argument about relationships and sex, he needed to chill out. Taking the little box where he kept his stash, he twisted around to sit cross legged.

"I just don't think it's a big deal. That's all."

Aeriol started putting together the joint.

"Actually, it is a big deal."

"You could always have a threesome."

"Now you are being stupid. How exactly would that work?"

Aeriol was licking the cigarette papers together.

"Guess that depends how good your imagination is."

Max laughed.

"Very funny."

Aeriol finished the joint and lit up. Max hadn't decided what he would do about Davy. He wasn't going to have sex again, that much was certain. It was too much one way only. He thought about that. It was like being Bi was more hetero than hetero. Those guys just want to fuck. A girl or a guy, it's the same. More hetero than hetero! He passed the joint back to Aeriol. It was turning into a sombre, gloomy, rainy Sunday.

Twenty minutes passed, with no one saying anything. Aeriol managed to change the record. It was nearly twelve o'clock and the Moody Blues were summing up the day.

Lazy day, Sunday afternoon,

Like to get your feet up, watch T.V.

Sunday roast is something good to eat,

Must be beef today 'cause lamb was last week.

 

"You seeing Nate later?"

Aeriol eventually broke the silence.

"He said he'd call. If he doesn't go with his folks to see the grandparents. But he probably will."

"I reckon we should all go out and get Sunday lunch," Aeriol told him.

"All?"

"Yeah. I could invite the girls."

"And Alex. You and him. What's happening there?"

"Nothing Max. You know I've only got eyes for you."

Aeriol rolled over on the bean bag and batted his eyelids, looking up stupidly at Max.

"And I, I will always love you, ooh!" Max replied, being equally silly.

"So shall I?"

"Nah. I like the idea of Sunday lunch, but not with Alex, Nads, and May."

"With who then?" Aeriol raised his eyebrows.

"Good question."

"Jules is away. Permenantly. All lovey-dovey with Sajani. Chester is away at his cottage in the country. Who else?"

"Guess it's just you and me then," Max replied.

"Give Davy a call."

"What!"

"Yeah, go on. It could be fun."

"What you want to do with him. He's not gay."

"Yeah, you said."

Max looked strongly at Aeriol who hard this twinkle in his eyes.

"You're not thinking you're gonna get off with Davy?"

Aeriol smiled.

"Give me his number. I'll call him."

As if by magic, it probably seemed like that because they were both stoned, the phone rang. Aeriol moved across the room and picked up.

"Hello," he answered, sitting down on the edge of the sofa.

"He's here. Funny because we were just talking about you."

Max was listening to one side only of the conversation and didn't know who it was on the other end. Aeriol looked over at him. He covered the mouthpiece with his free hand and announced to Max: "Guess who? It's Davy!"

Max stood up and came over, but before handing over the phone, Aeriol continued talking.

"We're going out for Sunday lunch. You are invited. Wanna come?"

Max grabbed the receiver before Aeriol got the reply.

"Where are you going?" Max heard as he brought the phone to his ear.

"Tell him, we'll pick him up from his place," Aeriol shouted so Davy would have heard.

After a few pleasantries, Max hung up and turned to Aeriol.

"Bastard!"

"You love me really," Aeriol grinned. "Come on. Get your stuff. Let's go. It's already gone twelve.

 

 

 

Aeriol parked in Endell street, by this time it was nearly half-one. They'd been across London and were now in Covent Garden.

"Da Mario is a nice Italian," Aeriol was locking the car.

They'd been discussing places to eat.

"That's good," Davy replied, and Aeriol led the way.

"Not your classic Sunday roast, but who cares?"

Aeriol opened the door to the small Italian restaurant.

And nobody did care. Both Davy and Max loved Italian food.

Whether Aeriol had planned all this, which would have been some accomplishment, given the lack of time. So probably it was pure hazard, but they had a great meal. Both food wise and conversation. It seemed like Aerial and Davy were both chatting one another up, and Max wasn't being left out.

As they left the restaurant an hour or so later, Aeriol had a suggestion.

"There's a great sauna just up the road. Wanna try it?"

"Yeah!" Davy was almost too enthusiastic in his response, and Max went along with the idea.

The place was bathed in neon blue light with niches lit up in a faint yellow glow around the large spa pool. They each had a towel, their clothes left behind in the changing room. The place seemed almost empty. A couple of guys were being very close, off in one of the benched recesses, towels dropped across their laps.

Aeriol removed his towel and stepped towards the edge of the pool. He did not rush, but moved gracefully, pausing, before entering. Max watched Davy watching Aeriol. It was obvious his eyes were glued to the shapely curve of Aeriol's buttocks. Davy quickly followed suit. A little too quickly. Max smiled to himself, certain the youngster was getting hard.

Once in the spa they sat together around the edge, Aeriol in the middle. It wasn't long before Max felt the gentle touch of Aerial' s hand on his leg. He looked at Aerial and smiled. He was sure Aeriol had both his hands occupied.

After a little, Aeriol removed his hand from Max to concentrate on Davy who had a broad smile lighting up his face. Which was no surprise given that Aeriol's fingers were playing beneath the water with the boy's solid erection. A thing that hardly went down when they decided to leave. Davy doing his best to hide his excited state from anyone who might be looking.

They, all three, decided it was time to go and adjourn to the perhaps less comfortable flat in Muswell Hill, but certainly more private. Even if the Health Club was relatively empty of clients. Max watched Aeriol and Davy playing around as they got dressed. Despite his best intentions, he found the whole afternoon very sexy.

The interplay between Aeriol and Davy continued on the ride home. Max had left him the front seat. He knew they were touching each other as the car wobbled around corners and swayed along bends, heading home.

The antics continued as they opened the front door and went upstairs. Once inside the hall Max stood watching as Aeriol pulled Davy into an embrace and kissed his lips. He didn't put up much resistance as Aeriol's arm went around him, and soon all three were standing in a circle. Aerial kissed him gently on the lips, then turned to Davy. Davy kissed Aeriol back. The boy then looked Max in the eyes, as if to seek permission, but none was needed. He embrassed Max full on the lips, his tongue wrestling with Max's.

 

 

◇ ◇ ◇

 

Max is full of good intentions.

Aeriol is the bad boy, or is it Davy?

 

Keep reading, more chapters coming soon...

And if YOU are a good boy, let me know by liking and commenting!

Copyright © 2018 Talo Segura; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Always good to see a new chapter of Camp Echo, @Talo Segura! :) 

To answer your question right at the end, I'm not sure who's a bad boy and who's a good boy, to be honest. And it's probably not for me to be the judge. But I suspect there's more good than bad in each of them. What is it you say in your initial summary to this story? Oh yes, here it is: "[The] 'good' have their defects, and the 'not so good' have their merits. Life is complicated."

And, whether or not he is full of good intentions, Max will later very possibly be asking himself the same question about himself. Am I a good boy, or am I a bad boy? I reckon a big part of his answer may depend upon what he really wants from his relationship with Nate...

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, Marty said:

Always good to see a new chapter of Camp Echo, @Talo Segura! :) 

To answer your question right at the end, I'm not sure who's a bad boy and who's a good boy, to be honest. And it's probably not for me to be the judge. But I suspect there's more good than bad in each of them. What is it you say in your initial summary to this story? Oh yes, here it is: "[The] 'good' have their defects, and the 'not so good' have their merits. Life is complicated."

And, whether or not he is full of good intentions, Max will later very possibly be asking himself the same question about himself. Am I a good boy, or am I a bad boy? I reckon a big part of his answer may depend upon what he really wants from his relationship with Nate...

 

I really like your comment, Marty. Well said.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like your description of the fire, Talo, as well as the panorama at the beginning. Both made me feel like I was there too. I did find it difficult to determine who was talking to whom in the beginning, though. I also noticed that you sometimes write Aeriol and others you write Aerial.

I think that Aeriol and Davy have a lot in common, both being bisexual and “more hetero than hetero”. It seems that they are both out to get Max into a three way and betray his boyfriend yet again.

Good song choice. Everything in the chapter lived up to the title of Lazy Sunday Afternoon. And the dialogue was good too. Great chapter, Talo!

Edited by Arran
  • Like 2
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Arran said:

I did find it difficult to determine who was talking to whom in the beginning, though. I also noticed that you sometimes write Aeriol and others you write Aerial.

The first point: who is talking to whom, I'll address it as I go through reviewing the chapters. Same with the second point: it should be Aeriol, but the spell checker prefers Aerial, lol. An editor would have spotted these things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Talo Segura said:

The first point: who is talking to whom, I'll address it as I go through reviewing the chapters. Same with the second point: it should be Aeriol, but the spell checker prefers Aerial, lol. An editor would have spotted these things.

I do my own editing, once a little while after I complete a chapter so it’s not fresh in my head, then again right before posting. I think I pretty much catch most of the errors. It shouldn’t be too difficult with Camp Echo since the chapters aren’t very long.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..