Jump to content
    Talo Segura
  • Author
  • 408 Words
  • 576 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Camp Echo - 22. Epilogue.

Epilogue

 

All the events described here happened around 1975 and are, more or less, in chronological order. This is a fictionalised biography, the dialogue is invented, but the events and people are real, they did actually take place. Writing from someone's notes can leave gaps and that is what happened here. This makes it difficult to arrive at a conclusion and tie everything up into a neat ending.

Nathan and Max got back together, they went to Turkey. Perhaps being on holiday, or spending time alone together, or their adventures and shared experiences, cemented their relationship? I don't know, and I can't give you the answer to that question, but they stayed together and are still together today.

Aeriol and Max's paths in life diverged, and they separated for a number of years, Aeriol moved from London to live in another country with Davy. I can't tell you how Aeriol and Davy came back together, or how that relationship stuck for all these years. It's another story about other people's lives.

Jules also moved abroad and went to live in America, where he is still living today.

Chester was always around and lived all his life in the same apartment in London. He died a natural death in 2016. His son, Michael, became a Christian monk and went to live in Ireland where he is still living today, although I'm not sure if he is still a monk or left the order to get married.

Mayaan, Nadia, and her brother Alex, all moved away and disappeared from the lives of Max and Aeriol.

Rueben lives in America and the last time he came to London, which was a long time ago, he had his boyfriend with him and they were both dressed in leather, which was a shock for Max. They were supposed to keep in touch, but never did.

Max's confidant Geoffrey must have also moved on, but I don't know for sure what happened, because nothing more is mentioned about him other than is narrated at the start of the story.

Max's encounter with Jonathan was only a brief encounter, nothing happened and I don't know what happened to Jonathan.

If I were to continue the story of Max and Nate it would be based on the very sketchy notes that leave big gaps and rather too much to be completed and interpreted, something which would make the story more fiction than reality.

It has taken me one year to write this story, my first, a gift in a sort of unusual way, something that was a big challenge, not least how to end it. I am in the process of tidying it up and publishing a second edition with a few changes. I have enjoyed writing this and I am very appreciative of the comments and feedback I have received.

Thank you for taking this journey with me, Tal.

Copyright © 2018 Talo Segura; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Talo, the ending is apropo for the this type of story. There is no resolution because it is a third party account of something that happened a generation ago. That Max was able to build a relationship with Nathan that was based on a lie happens in life. It tells me that maybe he grew up after all. As for Jonathan? I don’t remember his part in the story.

What character surprised me most? Hands down it was Aeriol. He just seemed to come to life in the prior chapter, surprising even Max who knew him better than anyone. And that he ended up with Davy is even more surprising. I guess Aeriol did find someone to get “that involved” with after all. Good for him! “I like Davy,” was the clue that I missed.

Good job, Talo! Thank you for finishing it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

@Arran thank you for reading and commenting. Your comments were very enlightening, often highlighting aspects of the characters and story that I might not have considered from exactly the same angle, you added your own perspective and that was great, along with some useful feedback. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That was a happy ending. Max managed to commit to Nathan and Aeriol to Davy.

As I commented on earlier, I think it helped that Aeriol and Max went their separate ways. That gave them both the opportunity to see the benefits of a committed relationship where the alternative was living alone.

Thanks for bringing this fascinating story to life Tal. A great first narrative.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this story. The fractured style of writing reflected, perfectly, the fractured lives of the characters. It is set in the period of my own move into adulthood, and remember boys mature much more slowly than girls, and I think gay boys even more so.  I was incredibly uncertain in my dealings, probably why I first became a bottom despite being an alpha in working life where I was an Officer in the military, then ran my own business for decades. I really didn’t know how to form relationships, went with the flow, did as I was told by sexually confident men and youths. You would have thought my public schooling, which gave me leadership, independence and interpersonal skills in abundance would have made me secure but not in my gayness. So I feel for these guys as they struggle to find themselves and form relationships.

I think you have told it really well. Made up or faction or fiction it is a really well crafted read, so thank you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..