Jump to content
    Tiff
  • Author
  • 3,386 Words
  • 3,396 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Price of Revelation - 9. Chapter 9

The Price of Revelation
by Tiffani Chin

Chapter 9

---------------------------------------------

Storm’s hands shook as he approached Sean’s bed. It was a daily ritual of his to check Sean’s room. He missed his oldest son. Not being on speaking terms with Sean was rough on him.

Everyday he stared into Sean’s room, imagining Sean lying on the bed listening to music, or at his desk surfing the net. He couldn’t wait for the summer to be over so that Sean would be home again.

But today was different. Something was added to Sean’s room, something that he had not put there. He was positive Rachel or Sammy had not put it there either.

His fingers grasped the crisp photo. He started breathing heavily through his nostrils, his chest tightening. Whirling quickly, he fled from the room, running down the stairs.

“Rachel!” he yelled.

“In the kitchen!” she yelled back.

Storm entered the kitchen, spotting Sammy in the living room on the way. Sammy waved brightly. Storm paused. The thought of Sammy intensified his fear of the picture in Sean’s room.

“Rachel.”

“What?” she asked turning away from the pan.

“I think you and Sammy need to leave the house for a little while,” Storm said swallowing hard. He showed her the picture of Sean and Ethan.

Rachel frowned. “I don’t understand. What’s the big deal about that picture?”

“Rachel,” Storm began in a controlled voice. “This picture of Sean and Ethan wasn’t there yesterday or the day before. This is the first time I’ve seen this picture. It was lying on Sean’s pillow! I’ve been in his room every single day since he’s been in California! Don’t you understand? Ethan’s been in the house,” he hissed.

Rachel’s eyes widened. “What?” she gasped. She stared at Sean and Ethan’s faces, smiling back at them. She felt a knot form in her stomach. “How did he get in?”

“I don’t know,” Storm snapped. “It’s not like I’ve seen him around and chatted with the nut job.”

“Storm, stop being such a jerk!” Rachel exclaimed. “This scares me too! Is he around when we’re here? While I’m cooking with Sammy, is he going through our rooms or watching us? Oh, God!”

“I know, I know!” Storm paced the kitchen. “He’s up to something. That time in the amusement park with Sammy, it was a message. Now this. Shit. I was so stupid to think he would just go away! I knew he was crazy, Rachel!”

“Storm, what do we do?” Rachel asked her eyes filled with worry.

“Give me a minute!” Storm cried out. He looked around the kitchen, a wild look in his eyes as he desperately searched for a solution. Storm walked to the living room and stared at Sammy who was coloring in his book. Storm bit his lip hard, staring at little Sammy, sitting so innocently.

Storm turned and stared at Rachel. “You and Sammy need to stay somewhere else.”

“What? Where?” she asked.

Storm started pacing again, mumbling under his breath, “My mother is traveling with my aunt. I guess Helaku and Bryce? They don’t live too far away so we can still see each other. I hate to involve them in this, but Hiro and Crew are in Florida…”

“Florida is too far,” Rachel said. “What about work?”

“I know. I’ll call up Hela now,” Storm said reaching for the phone.

“What about you?” Rachel asked.

“I’ll be fine. I just need to get you and Sammy out of here,” Storm repeated with determination.

Rachel grabbed his wrist. “Storm, for how long?”

“Until I get rid of Ethan.”

“What does that mean?” Rachel asked, her heart starting to race with fear and apprehension.

Storm sighed. “I don’t have all the answers right now, Rachel.” He started dialing the familiar number of his best friend from college. He paused and glanced into his wife’s eyes. “I just want to make sure my family is safe.”



 

******



 

Sean took in large gulps of air and smiled as West collapsed on the sand.

“Fuck!” West breathed heavily. “How are you such a fast runner? I could barely keep up. You’re so fucking short,” he wheezed.

Sean walked around in a circle, inhaling deeply. “I’ve been running everyday since I was thirteen. I’ve trained long enough. Plus I love to run.”

“I’m fucking tired as shit,” West groaned. “I’m way too old for this.”

“It’s because you have all that extra weight to carry around,” Sean said. “It slows you down.”

West lifted his head up, squinting. “I think, I think, you just called me fat. Now who’s the asshole?”

“No!” Sean protested giggling. “You’re taller and more muscular than I am. That adds up to a lot of weight…” he trailed off. West was giving him the finger while his forearm covered his eyes.

Sean laughed as he stared at the sand that clung to West’s sweat soaked chest. Sean felt his heart begin to race again. He slowly sat down beside West and rested his elbows on his knees.

They rested in comfortable silence. Comfortable was a good word to define their friendship. They were able to talk about everything. While Sean felt just as comfortable with Edison, Sean was physically attracted to West and West’s whole demeanor and attitude.

Whereas Edison was laid-back and friendly with everyone, West was guarded and serious. West was closed off and didn’t wear his heart on his sleeve. Sean wanted to find out more about West and dig deeper into the mystery.

West broke the silence. “Sean, when did you realize you were gay?”

Sean blinked. “Like the exact moment?”

West looked thoughtful, then nodded. “Yeah.”

Sean sighed and looked up at the sky. “I started feeling different at twelve. All the guys were getting excited about girls and thinking about girls when jerking off. Me, well, I was noticing guys more and more, staring at their bodies as they developed. I chalked it off to curiosity, you know, comparing who was taller and more muscular.”

“When I was thirteen, I had a pretty good idea that I liked boys. They were creeping into my fantasies. I was really starting to notice the guys in my class. But I held out hope that maybe I was bisexual and that girls could still get a rise out of me.”

West laughed at Sean’s choice of words.

“Then in the middle of eighth grade, I swear I fell in love with a new kid who transferred to my school. He was gorgeous. I swear, I jacked off six times a day for the rest of the school year and the entire summer just thinking about him. A girl never entered my mind again. That was when I was sure I liked guys. After that, it was just accepting myself and telling my family and close friends,” Sean finished. He looked at West.

West hummed.

“Why are you so interested in the homosexual turmoil that was my youth?” Sean asked with curious amusement.

West ignored the question. “But you like guys in general,” he said. “What if a guy just has feelings for one specific guy, and no one else?”

Sean frowned in confusion. “Does this guy like girls, too?”

“He’s had sex with a lot of girls and he wasn’t visualizing a guy while doing it. But one specific guy has gotten under his skin. What does that mean?”

Sean took his shoes and socks off, digging his toes into the sand. He shrugged. “I guess the guy is bisexual, leaning towards men? I don’t know for sure. I’m gay, West, but that doesn’t make me an expert on the matter,” he joked. He cocked his head at West. “What’s with all the questions?” he asked. “Is this about your brother?”

“Huh?” West asked. “Oh, no. Jonathan is fine.” He went quiet.

Sean was confused as to why West looked so troubled all of a sudden. Sean wasn’t one to pry and figured he would let West stew in peace. “Hey, West. I’m going to shower and eat dinner.”

West nodded. “Okay. I’m going to rest here a bit longer.”

Sean smiled before he left.



 

******



 

“Edison, I think I like Sean,” West announced.

Edison stopped chewing and looked at him. “What?”

“You know, I like Sean. More than a friend,” West said in annoyance, wanting to get this over with. He wanted to hear his friend’s reaction.

“You mean you’re hot for him?”

West bit his lip at the question, but nodded. “Yeah.”

Edison snorted and continued eating. “Dude, I already knew that.”

West’s eyes widened and he stared at Edison, stunned.

“Dude, come on! Give me some credit. I may be happy and cheerful all the time, but I do pick up on things. Sean’s eyeing you when you’re not looking. You’re checking him out when he’s not looking. If another guy or girl so much as glances at Sean, you look like you’re ready to kill someone.”

“Not to mention you’re pretty close with him and it hasn’t even been a month. When you’re with him, you’re alive. I swear it took me an entire year to get a few paragraphs out of you. You’ve talked more with Sean these past few weeks than we have in the three years we’ve known each other!” Edison exclaimed with a large smile.

“I don’t care that you’re hot for Sean, but I am a little surprised. You never even gave me a hint,” Edison continued.

“I didn’t exactly know about it myself,” West said. “I never felt attracted to another guy before. It’s just Sean.”

Edison nodded. “That makes some sense. I can tell you have a special vibe with Sean. I can see it.”

“Do others?”

“Nah,” Edison shook his head. “Most people don’t know you like I do. They think you’re an asshole. Actually, they’re not totally wrong. You’re a real bastard.”

“Thanks.”

Edison shrugged. “It’s not like being gay is that unusual these days. No big deal.”

“I think I’m bisexual,” West corrected.

Edison smiled. “That’s even more popular!” he said brightly.

West laughed.

“Are you planning on telling Sean your revelation? It sort of involves him,” Edison stated.

“He’s leaving at the end of the summer,” West said. “What’s the point?”

“Yeah, but how do you know what will happen?” Edison pointed out. “Unless you try.”

West sighed. “I’ll figure something out.”

“It must be tough, finding out you like a guy,” Edison giggled into his soda cup. “Poor West. Woe is West.” He sniggered.

West shot him a dirty look.



 

******



 

“Hello, Rachel.”

Rachel stopped pushing her grocery cart, freezing at the voice. Her eyes widened when she came face to face with a pair of familiar icy blue eyes.

Ethan smiled at her. “How are you doing?”

For a few seconds, Rachel had trouble finding her voice. Ethan’s eyes moved down the cart where Sammy was sitting, trying to tear open a bag of chips.

“Hey, Sammy.”

Sammy looked up and grinned. “Hi!”

Rachel shifted so that she was between Ethan and Sammy. She still didn’t know what to say.

“You’re a little far from home,” Ethan commented. “This isn’t your usual grocery store. Mixing it up a bit, are you?” He folded his arms casually across his chest and stared at Rachel with a neutral expression. Rachel detected a hint of amusement in his eyes.

“How’s Storm doing?” Ethan went on nonchalantly.

Rachel’s eyes narrowed. “Leave us alone!” she hissed.

Ethan stepped closer, his eyes darkening in an instant. Rachel felt her stomach drop as she inched backwards. She felt Sammy’s hand on top of hers. She wanted to run out of the store. Her eyes darted nervously. She wanted to call out to the other customers for help, but was too scared to speak up.

“I want Sean,” Ethan said coldly. “I know where he is,” he went on. “Storm really shouldn’t leave his family and friend’s addresses lying around so carelessly. You never know who might be in your house.” His upper lip curled.

Rachel was speechless. She bent further backward in an attempt to put distance between them.

“You have some wealthy friends,” Ethan reverted back to his overly friendly tone. “The house you’re staying at,” he whistled. “Wow, it’s awfully big. What do they do again? Advertising?” He tilted his head in a mocking manner.

“Storm’s best friend from college sure has done well for himself. And all those lovely children Helaku McAdams and Bryce Whitman have adopted. So sweet, so touching,” Ethan mused conversationally. “Such a beautiful family. I hope nothing bad happens to them. It would be such a shame, you know?” His intense gaze pierced into Rachel, making her stomach churn.

“What do you want?” Rachel whispered.

“Sean.”

“Leave him alone. Leave us alone,” she begged. “Sean’s just a kid.”

“I love him,” Ethan said seriously. “He loves me, too. You separated us. I have to get him back. We belong together.”

She was shocked. “Have you talked to him lately?”

Ethan’s eyes clouded over momentarily “No. He broke up with me. You made him cut off contact with me. You made him believe we shouldn’t be together.”

“Please, just stop…” she began.

“I’m coming for Sean,” Ethan said in a low tone. “Feel free to pass that along to your husband.” His voice dripped with contempt.

He walked away, never looking back.

Rachel was shaking so badly, it took her a good ten minutes to calm down. “Sammy, be quiet and let mommy catch her breath,” she murmured when Sammy made impatient noises.

Later that night, Storm booked her and Sammy a flight to Florida. Rachel hated the idea of their family being separated. First Sean in California, now she and Sammy would be in Florida. She felt a new sense of hatred for Ethan and a growing fear of what was to come.

“Storm, how long?” she had asked, hugging Sammy to her chest, brushing his soft hair.

“I don’t know, Rachel. Please, I’ll work something out.”

Rachel had looked uneasy. “If Ethan found us at Helaku and Bryce’s, what makes you think he won’t find us in Florida?”

“If anyone can look out for you, it’s Hiro. Trust me,” Storm had interrupted. His voice sounded confident, but his eyes betrayed his true feelings.



 

******



 

“West, what’s wrong with you?” Sean exclaimed feeling frustrated and angry.

West shot him a dark look. “Nothing is wrong with me.”

“I think there is,” Sean said sitting beside West on the porch. Edison and some of their friends were inside the house playing videogames. Cheers and groans could be heard through the screen door.

“You’ve been weird the last few days. You’ve been really quiet and moody. You zone out a lot. Then you’re asking me weird questions,” Sean went on.

“What weird questions?” West frowned.

“Well for starters, two days ago you asked me if I would consider a long distance relationship. You and I were going to the movies. Where the hell did that come from?”

Before West could answer, Sean continued. “And just a few minutes ago, you looked like you were ready to kill me and all I was doing was talking to your brother’s friend.”

West’s eyes flashed at the mention of his brother’s friend. Why did Jonathan have to bring his very good-looking and very gay friend to Edison’s house? That guy was completely invading Sean’s personal space. “You looked uncomfortable. I was just trying to help you,” West muttered awkwardly.

“What’s going on with you?” Sean looked at him with concern. “Is something bothering you? Want to talk about it?”

West looked away from Sean’s earnest expression. He felt like such an obnoxious asshole. He was taking out his frustration on Sean. Why couldn’t he be honest? Liking another guy wasn’t a big deal. His family wasn’t mad. Edison didn’t care. Why was West so hesitant to tell Sean?

Deep down, West knew why. It would make it real. His feelings would become real. That meant West officially liked guys or one particular guy. As much as he thought he had come to terms with this recent development in his sexuality, West really hadn’t been dealing with it. It was like a crash course in being bisexual; a month wasn’t enough time. His brother Jonathan had years and still went to counseling.

“West, will you talk to me?” Sean asked raising his voice anxiously.

West turned and could see the hurt and sadness in Sean’s bright eyes. West loved those eyes, always so full of emotion. That did it for West.

“Will you try something with me?” West asked taking a breath.

Sean blinked in confusion. “What?”

West grabbed Sean’s wrist and pulled him off the porch railing. He led him to a dark area in Edison’s back yard, where there was a huge tree with some kind of pink flowers. The flowers smelled good. West couldn’t resist taking a deep breath.

“West?” Sean said wiggling his wrist, which was still in West’s firm grasp.

Turning quickly, his mind set, West bent his head and planted his lips firmly on top of Sean’s. Sean squeaked and placed his hands on West’s chest, pushing him away slightly.

“What are you doing?” Sean managed to get out, his eyes wide. He took a few steps back. West moved forward, closing the small distance between them.

West rested his forehead against Sean’s. He looked down into the bright hazel color. He grabbed Sean’s hips, pulling him closer. He could tell Sean was nervous. The smaller boy tensed in his arms.

“Just try something with me,” West said gruffly, lowering his lips once again. Sean opened his mouth to speak. “Just shut up and work with me.” West pressed his lips hard against Sean’s.

Sean instinctively rose to meet him, turning his head so they could kiss without knocking noses. West’s hand traveled up along Sean’s back before cupping his cheek. Sean moaned softly, leaning forward.

West felt his body heat up as a spark traveled between them. A desperate urge took over him. He pushed his tongue into Sean’s mouth, his lips fighting hungrily with Sean’s as their mouths opened wider, their kiss deepening.

Sean’s legs buckled. He collapsed into West’s chest. West wrapped his arms tightly around Sean, holding him up. Sean whimpered and pulled back. But West didn’t want the kiss to end, didn’t want the passion to stop. When Sean tried to retreat, West moved forward, prolonging their heated kiss.

Finally, the need for oxygen forced him to end the kiss. Reluctantly, West pulled back, his lips feeling wet with their saliva. Sean was breathing hard, his warm breath hitting West’s face.

“West,” Sean whispered thickly, his fingers fisting the front of West’s shirt.

West ran his hands up and down Sean’s back. Sean couldn’t help shivering at the sensations that shot through him.

“Are you cold?” West automatically asked. Sean shook his head, resting his face in West’s chest.

They stood like that for a few minutes, hugging one another, feeling comfortable, but confused at the same time.

Sean broke the silence first. “Are you messing with me?” he asked quietly.

West tensed and lifted his head, pulling back slightly so he could look at Sean directly. “What?”

“You’re not gay,” Sean said hesitantly. “Why did you kiss me?” he asked in a shaky voice.

West shook his head. “I’m not messing with you, Sean. I don’t know what I’m doing actually. I’ve been thinking a lot, ever since I met you. I’m just as confused as you are right now.”

Sean frowned. “I don’t understand.”

West chuckled. “Me neither.” He sighed. “I’ll try to explain.” He looked at the screen door and he could make out Hunter and Edison arguing with each other, their voices getting louder and louder. “Want to get out of here? Talk somewhere more private?” he asked.

Sean studied West, searching his eyes. Then he nodded slowly.

West took Sean’s hand in his, squeezing gently. “Let’s go to the shop. It’s closed, but I have the keys.”

Sean nodded again, a small smile on his lips. West’s heart beat a little faster in excitement.

Hand in hand, they began walking to West’s car.


 



 

Copyright © 2011 Tiff; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Wow this chapter is a roller coaster. Ethan the psycho is really making his presence noticed. He said Sean was going to pay like the others. I really not to sure if I want to know what happened to his parents or previous bf's

 

im totally glad Sean isn't home and be aware of this going on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
Graeme

Posted (edited)

Ethan the stalker is even more creepy than Ethan the manipulater from the start of the story, and he was worrying then.

 

I'm happy that West has decided to act, because I can sense good things there. There's still the problem of Sean leaving in a few weeks, but West isn't seeing that as an end. His question about long-distance relationships shows he's searching for a way forward. 

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..