Jump to content

Coming Out 2. Wearing Green on Thursday

   (8 reviews)
1972 Mustang.jpg

This is the second story in the Wearing Green on Thursday series. Bruce Hutton has graduated from high school, gone on a road trip, loved and lost his best friend, and is now an engineering student at Stanford University outside Palo Alto, California. We follow his life and loves as he becomes comfortable living as a gay man in the 1980s.

Copyright © 2023 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 11
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 7
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 12
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 10
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

kbois

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This second installment in the Wearing Green on Thursdays series gives Bruce a chance to let loose as he pursues his college degree. Life away from home can be liberating as well as challenging, as Bruce finds out. Sit back, grab your favorite libation and scroll through the pages to see how Bruce navigates his way through his collegiate years, finding out more about himself as he matures. 

Response from the author:

Thanks as always, @kbois. Your eagle-eyed editing makes writing a learning experience for me. Someday (or is it some day?) I'll conquer the commas and slaughter "show, don't tell," but until then, I'll welcome your help in every way. I still have fond memories of our lunch together. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
pvtguy

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The second in the Wearing Green on Thursdays series, we follow Bruce through his freshman year in college to finally obtaining his MBA at age 27.  In that journey, Bruce finds himself with a toxic roommate in a dorm to living on his own.  He not only obtains a college degree in academics, he gets a Master's in relationships!  A wonderful read for the ups and downs he experiences with a sprinkling of social issues and growing up to be an independent adult.  

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting - and reviewing! I'm glad you are enjoying Bruce's life journey. So many of us remember the '80s and either see ourselves in the story, or wish it had been that way for us.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Bruce is entering college to get away from expectations of his parents.  His choice of careers may not please his father.  He is also trying to find an escape from the restrictions on his social life.  He has many lessons to learn from instructors both academic and social.  I enjoyed reading about his adventures and growth in this well written story.  It is an emotional ride thru the life of a university student determined to make a different future for himself. The characters are an interesting collage of good, bad and often seductive.  I recommend you read this.  

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review @raven1, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
drsawzall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Thought provoking story that follows a young man Bruce as he navigates the issues of being a gay young man in the 1980's. A time when the world for gay men was less accepting, more dangerous, and fraught with all the joys and perils of trying to find love.

If you haven't read the first book in this series, make sure to do so before reading this one, both are well worth your time!!

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review! I know you read a lot of the works on GA, so your reactions mean a lot to me.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Pascal

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Bruce, who we already know from the first book of this series, starts college and a whole new part of his life. He discovers a lot about life, about sex and about relationships. He isn't the same boy he was back in the first bopok but is slowly moving along to become a man. Is it smooth sailing? No, definitely not. And I highly encourage you to read this very well written second book of a great series written by the incredibly talented @Tim Hobson. Thank you for writing this series!

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the second part of Bruce's life.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Doha

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Coming Out is the 2nd part of a trilogy and just as riveting as the first volume. 

Bruce's life carries on through university and grad school and we get a close up of his joys and sorrows, his mistakes and his successes. 

This story had me laughing and crying. A superbly written story with characters that come to life and a plot that smacks of reality, both the good and the bad. 

A great weekend binge read. 

Response from the author:

Thanks! I also binge-read on weekends and enjoy other people's stories. I'm glad you are enjoying Bruce's ventures in gay life. There is one more book coming in the series, bringing Bruce into the 21st century and (hopefully) resolving a lot of his issues.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
quokka

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Wonderful story.

thanks for writing it.

Q

Response from the author:

Thanks for reading @quokka. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Cane23

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Bruce is in Stanford College. He is still not over his first love, but he is coming around. With raging hormones, open sexuality he enjoys and explores the gay sex. Although promiscuity is normal in that age, he is still longing for a steadier relationship. He learns about himself, finally discovering that he wants a man, not a horny boy by his side. Bruce finds love, learn how to enjoy in sexual encounter and how to please his lover. But he also deals with betrayal, lose, racial hate, homophobia, substance abuse and criminal. In this short period of life, Bruce experiences more than some people does for the whole life. Emotional scenes at the end of this story are some of the most beautiful words written at GA. Yes, it is going to make you cry but, at the end, @Tim Hobson doesn't leave a desperate hero, he brings us young men who is bravely entering the new page of his life. 

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..