Jump to content

Coming to Love

   (6 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance
Young man wearing a green shirt. His hands are in his pockets and his expression is inviting.

In this third and final book in the Wearing Green On Thursday series, Bruce Hutton has graduated from college and is on his way to a new career in the aerospace industry outside Seattle. He leaves behind his several lovers, especially Detective Winston Buchanan, who was killed on duty and left Bruce bereft. Will Bruce mature in this new phase of his life, or will he childishly pursue casual sex without caring or loving?

BE ADVISED: This story contains gay sexual situations, graphic depictions of oral and anal sex, profanity, references to alcohol and drug consumption, mild violence, and threats of violence.
Copyright © 2023 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 12
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 9

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Jim Fraser

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This was the most compelling story I have read in a long time. All 3 books of Bruce Hutton will take you from his early beginnings through all the trials and tribulations that we as gay men face. He's suffered tragedies and shows the side of us that many may never see or know about. Tim you captured everything with realism and I've started wearing green if I go out on Thursday night. 

Cheers

Response from the author:

Thank you for your support, comments, and review, Jim. Writing is hard work, but having loyal readers like you makes it all worthwhile. I'm not sure what's next, but I definitely need a break from the daily/weekly grind! I have a couple of stories banging around in my head, so keep an eye out for something in the Fall.

  • Love 6
Link to review
Doha

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Coming to Love is the third in a trilogy. It takes us through Bruce's life from a young adult to a man in his 50s. He matures along the way, finds love and experienced disappointment. 

This is a truly world-building story and worth reading over and over again. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review, my friend. It has been a pleasure getting to know some of my readers, and I wish you success in all you do.

  • Love 5
Link to review
pvtguy

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Bruce Hutton is looking for permanence in a seeming world of temporaries.  Still, he remains a strong man who is full of positivity.  This final story in the series of three leaves us with hope after a lot of negative events in his life.  This is a really good read!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your review. I think we all look for the permanent in life but learn to live with the temporary. Sometime ago, I quoted Brian McLaren on the idea that change is really the norm. Bruce bravely relived the good and the bad as he told his life's story, and somehow - without therapy - he followed his mother's advice and made it all a part of who he is. May we all learn to do the same. Peace.

  • Love 6
Link to review
Pascal

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Here in the third and final part of Wearing Green on Thursdays, we follow the life of Bruce Hutton after college. We accompany him on his first steps in the real world as he deals with the aftermath of having his partner ripped away from him, of having to figure out his purpose in life and what role men, love and sex play in it.

Again, thanks to @Tim Hobson's amazing writing skills, this is a joy to read and a very entertaining, and at many times heartwrenching, closure of this series. Thank you for writing these stories Tim!

Response from the author:

Thank you for reviewing the story. Bruce's life was interesting, and not unlike mine and that of many other gay men of a certain age. It was fun to write - even the sad parts - and I'm glad it hit the right notes with my readers.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Cane23

· Edited by Cane23

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Final book of this trilogy brings Bruce to Seattle after graduation at Stanford. A new start after heavy loss brigs new challenges, ups and downs. Living in nineties, Bruce confronts tragedy caused by devastating AIDS epidemic. He meets new friends and lovers. He finds some love, and lose it, but, eventually, find the men of his life.   

As life itself, this story is realistic, it drives you through all emotions - happiness, sadness, joy. You are going to laugh and cry as Bruce is navigating through all the storms in his life. 

This story should be read after Books 1 and 2 as it is logical conclusion of this wonderful Bruce's biography. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a very sweet tale that I loved to read.  It is part of a series of stories that I have enjoyed very much. Bruce has been through a lot in the series but finally finds what he has been looking for all the time.  This can stand alone, but I highly suggest reading the series first.  There are some great side stories when you finish this.  Great reading!

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..