Jump to content

The fire extinguisher 1. Fire Prompts

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Prompt

When you’re lonely and drunk, even a fire extinguisher can be a friend. Especially, if it starts talking to you!

This story was written as part of Cia’s Household Item Game.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Caz Pedroso

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This short was both funny and serious rolled into one.

Warning: It deals with the issues of being in the closet and even touches on suicide. So if any of these are triggers, you may wish to head for a different one of Tim’s stories.

I laughed at Dean’s reaction to a talking fire extinguisher, I suppose to wake up to the start of a fire and then to realize it was a fire extinguisher that had woken me up I’d react in the same way, but still…it was funny.

Then it gets slightly serious when they start talking. The extinguisher (aka Bart) is a soul that has been sent to make amends and his mission seems to be to make sure Dean doesn’t make the same mistakes he did.

Their talk is eye opening and brings up a lot of points that any person who has secrets should think about. Whatever we think other people will think of us when our secrets are revealed, the truth is not always as bad as we think it is going to be. Sometimes we just need to take the plunge.

Please give this story a read and please please be sure to comment and maybe we can get Tim to continue the story and let us know what happens.

 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Caz. :hug:  This is such a great review for the first or my fire fighter stories.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Former Member

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

OMG! What an imagination you have. You hit this challenge out of the park. 

Response from the author:

:thankyou:  that review made my day, when you posted it.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..