Jump to content
    Tsukihana
  • Author
  • 2,557 Words
  • 202 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Do vaporwave kitsune count technicolor sheep? - 11. Chapter 11

Instead of shock or tears, I clasp this almost waking dream tight and savor it. Something tells me that if I leave this room with him then it will all disappear, from sight and mind. I close my eyes and nuzzle the vee of his neck and imagine what he must smell like. Why does my brain show me a life I’ve never known?

When I open my eyes again I’m once more curled up on the hard packed dirt floor among the kobold. The fur of my tails is warm and wet. So much for not crying…

The room has grown quiet and I see that the Lost Ones have retreated to their own beds and are slumbering quietly. The witchlights are dimmed low, bathing the den in shadows. Careful to remain quiet, I turn and exit the domed room and head for the tunnel that leads out to the exit. This time there is no scent of smoke waiting for me and all that greets me is a sky of blood red that is littered with stars.

The rain has ceased during my sleep and the surrounding forest is alive with bioluminescent glory and the sounds of creatures calling to each other in the glowing night. My gaze is drawn to Gatsby, which is alight with a life of its own in the distance. Something calls out to me, beckoning with the energy of a siren to try my luck again.

A good sleep and a full belly have reinforced my self confidence. The goddess of the Lost Ones is not one so weak willed as to go into hiding and lick her wounds just because things got a little hard. I am not as soft as Kemuri might believe, and I’m absolutely certain that if I try again with my own plan of action that I will certainly fare much better.

This is certainly not some half assed attempt to shake myself free of the lingering squeeze on my heart, at least I tell myself this. The lies linger in my brain, for they must be untruths. I have never been in a relationship much less married with twins. That is something anyone would remember, obviously.

I let loose a sharp yip of vulpine laughter as I jog toward the looming cityscape. Nothing more than a handsome face lodged in my mind after the events of the day. Must feel guilty for using him as a means of escape...though in fairness I was almost hit by his car.

Above me The Twins hang heavy in the deep red night, slowly waning as the White Dragon prepares to lead them away so that Asteria may feast. The soft feel of a cherubic cheek beneath my fingertips invades my thoughts. I have to push these feelings...these impossible things far away.

It was more apparent than ever after my previous sojourns into Gatsby that I need all my wits about me. Concentrate, Moon. As I reach the outskirts of the city, I’m relieved to find the streets to be nearly empty. My eyes are drawn to the sky where two beams of light gleam up into the darkness. Like a grand Hollywood premier they lead the lucky participants onward and upward to join the festivities.

I love a good party. Now here is something that will put me in my element. Trotting off, I keep to the main road for the sake of remaining expeditious. Gone are the carts of warm fragrant foodstuffs, and the closed storefronts are lit by gas lit lamps and artful window displays. As I am passing one white columned boutique, I realize that is the same that grabbed my attention on the way to Top Notch loans.

The same confection crafted artfully in an array of silk and lace still stood proudly on the other side of the glass pane. Looking around me, I make sure that I am alone before letting the magic transform me.

Standing upright, I become bipedal as my legs become human and my myriad tails disappear altogether. Deep violet fur gives way to a sun-kissed Japanese complexion. Pressing one hand upon the window I imagine the feel of slinking black silk wrapping itself around my body like a caress. How the fabric gathers and lifts my plump breasts to be displayed at their best advantage with only the bared scraps of lace to silhouette against their peaks.

I squeeze my foxglove hued eyes in concentration, willing my curving horns to disappear completely. Always my weakest point. With a smile of triumph I watch as it works and a human woman’s reflection stares back at me. With eight hundred plus years of practice I sweep my deep ultraviolet hair up into an artful chignon. Affixing a set of jade hair sticks into the dark strands, I secure my coiffeur before continuing onward.

From somewhere above my head I hear the melodious chorus of an orchestra in full swing coming from the direction of the spotlights. This really must be some party indeed. With a skip in my step, I find myself humming along with the enchanting tune. As I grow closer and the music grows louder, I hoop my skirts on my thumbs and lift them high so that I can swirl in dance along the empty sidewalk.

I haven’t been to a ball in ages.

Not far beyond where the posh boutiques become palatial houses, I spy the source of the gaiety. A two story red stone is set back from the street where a line of cars is still unloading passengers from their stylish automobiles to partake in the festivities. A stone paved drive flanked on both sides by blooming blue flowered trees leads up to where the front doors are thrown open wide to the night.

The fashionably late and a few out smoking cigarettes dawdle under the lanterns that are strung through the branches like fairy lights.

With an affected air of utter nonchalance I saunter up the pebbled avenue and place myself at the end of the queue of people awaiting entry.

Now what, smartypants?

I let my gaze travel past the eight or so standing ahead of me to the two absolute units that are keeping watch at the door. They stand at roughly seven feet tall and have four arms, and somehow managed to stretch all that muscle into a tuxedo.

With a covert eye I notice that there aren’t any invitations exchanging hands, which is a bright side. There must be some kind of list...but I don’t know anyone’s names to use in this world.

Faes? The thought made my skin shiver a bit.

The line moves forward a bit and I fervently push my brain to supply me with something viable.

Master Cog? I felt a chill almost as though someone had walked over my grave. No not that one…

Closer and closer, my safety net of people disappears until I’m standing face to...waist with the giants.

“Name?”

Somewhere in the depths of my dingy brain the slyness of a fox comes to the fore and I simply let it take me.

“Lady Tsukihana.”

Shoulders drawn back I look ‘down’ my nose up at them as they inevitably pause to check before the giant on the left looks at me.

“Just what is your business at this private affair?”

Throwing all in, I dig the heel of my shoe into the top of his foot before I growl up at him.

“My business here is with The Dragon, and it is a personal matter. They would be sorely inconvenienced by your gall of keeping me waiting at the door like a fool.”

At my mention of The Dragon his face pales and he looks at his companion in search of answers, to which I grind my heel in more.

“I. Am. Expected.”

After a few more moments of harried glances and a flurry of exchanged silent communications, they step back from the doorway and allow me entry.

“Have a pleasant evening.”

Striding by them, I am met by an absolute crush of a gala. The air sparkles and shines in a rainbow of colors to rival those of the world outside. The tone set by the atmosphere is reminiscent of A Midsummer’s Night Dream and I would not be surprised if a cloven hoofed faun were to appear from around a column.

Humming along with the orchestra. I sashay my way through the droves of partygoers, keeping to the perimeter of the room. Couples hold each other close as they twirl about the center dancefloor at the base of the foyer stairs.

The hardest part was surprisingly the easiest and all I had to do now was peek around and see just what these fancy houses held. I had an idea forming in my head that could be beneficial to both myself and the kobold. Fate must obviously smile at my genius for her to literally give me a beacon in the sky. Take that, Kemuri.

I’m listening, fate.

No one even seems to be paying me any particular mind as they are all entirely involved in their own frivolities. Ahead of me on my left is a door, and after casting a furtive glance around me I try the handle and find it unlocked.

Slipping inside the darkened room I am greeted by a smell I would know no matter what world I found myself in. The scent of old worn tomes is accompanied by the sound of skin slapping against skin and I can see through the gloom a woman pushed against the rows of books while a man pins her four arms behind her back. She’s moaning almost as loudly as the symphony performing outside as his hard cock rams into her.

Careful to avoid disturbing them, I let myself back out into the main room. Making sure the door is shut tight, I move on to rejoin the party, grabbing a fluted glass of something bubbling and pink that tastes a bit like the strawberry candies old ladies carry in their purse.

Behind where the orchestra plays on, there is a long wide hallway that leads to a pair of glass doors at the rear of the house. Perhaps later I’ll let myself into the gardens and see what the immediate outer surroundings look like. Silk skirts floating out behind me, I twirl my way through the crowd as I work my way around to the opposite side of the room.

The air is rife with perfumes and aftershave, and aside from the varying shades of skin and number of arms...give or take some animal features...it could have been just like any other fete back home. A good time is a good time wherever you may be, I suppose.

I’ve almost made it around to the far right side of the main room when I see him, and my steps falter to a halt. He stands head and shoulders above anyone else around him, looking around the room with a passive sense of superiority. Whether it is by instinct or by choice, the crowd around him has formed an agreed upon bubble of space where no get too close.

His face looks exactly as it appeared in my dreams, sharp cheekbones that I just know would be soft beneath my touch. His long snowy hair has been pulled back behind his dragon horns and tamed into a herringbone braid that hangs down to his hips.

Something about seeing him there in front of me makes me nervous in a way that I am entirely unused to. Power rolls off of him in palpable waves but this is not what has me shaken, after all I am quite powerful in my own right. The memory of my dream overlaps with his handsome visage and it brings to mind words like ‘husband’ and ‘twins’.

A preternatural stillness overcomes him and he takes on the aura of a predator as his eyes suddenly begin to search the crowd in earnest. I feel like I am being hunted and the scent of jasmine fills the air, drowning out the candy coated perfumes that hang around me. His neck snaps about like a raptor sensing a mouse among the grass and I duck aside in an attempt to hide my 5’5 frame in the throng.

Don’t look, don’t look.

Retreating back the way I just came from I head towards the glass doors that are behind the orchestra. A shame the night seems to have become short lived, and I was just beginning to let myself have a little fun.

I can feel my chances of success shrinking, even though I dare not look over my shoulder I can sense the crowds parting all too readily for the overpowering force that is bearing down on me. Long fingers wrap around my wrist, halting me in my escape and I turn around with a little jump.

“Hikaru.”

The name falls from my lips of its own accord and he pulls up short, his grip easing without freeing me.

“I believe this is our dance. Rude of you to try and stand me up.”

Like a gentleman he leads me to the dancefloor with my hand held high. Positioning me in front of him, he leads me with his body into the steps of a waltz. Even here the invisible buffer of separation exists and the other dancers move a respectable distance away from us.

“You smell of jasmine flowers.”

“Oh? Do you like it?”

“It doesn’t exist on this planet.”

My step almost falters but he cleanly leads me on in the steps of the dance.

“How is it that you know my first name?”

“Lucky guess, perhaps.”

I avoid looking him in the eyes as we swirl about the floor, my gaze cast on anywhere but his fine visage. The annoyance fairly radiates from him and in retaliation he forces me closer until my lace veiled breasts are just brushing against the soft fabric of his fine tuxedo.

“And your name? It’s only fair.”

“One must hold on to every advantage to one’s self, correct? And if I do not give my name?”

Finally my violet gaze rises to his and I watch in fascination as the glacier blue melts into warm lavender. Just like in my dream.

I can see his breath visibly catching in his throat and he looks as though he truly will devour me at any moment.

“Oh I believe I would know you regardless of a name.”

A contest of wills sets in motion there amid the steps of the waltz, and the brushing of chests and thighs. The crowd has all but disappeared around me and I am trapped in his stare, control slipping away. Something in the way he stares at me strips me of my defenses, and I feel my guise peeling away.

First are my curving ebony horns followed by my fox ears perking up through my fine coiffeur. My tails bloom out behind me as he swirls me around and around, unable to be withheld a moment longer.

“A kitsune…”

I take advantage of his moment of shock to shove away out of his arms, making a run for the rear doors.

Copyright © 2021 Tsukihana; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..