Jump to content

A Silent Song 3. Camp Refuge

   (8 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

A man named Bailey finds himself at the campground. He's quiet, keeps to himself, yet for some reason draws the eye of Harlan.

There are a few other new faces as well. Come back to camp. There's a a cabin waiting for you.

This is the third part of the Camp Refuge saga (Sorta, if we're counting Guarded).
Copyright © 2020 Wayne Gray; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (34 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 25
  • Characters 34
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 7
  • Compelling 7
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 15
  • Tearjerker 21
  • Unique 18
  • World Building 17

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Crowded Solitude
    • 4,772 Words
    • 5,512 Views
    • 38 Comments
  • 2. A Torrent
    • 4,005 Words
    • 4,691 Views
    • 43 Comments
  • 3. A Treasure Lost
    • 4,615 Words
    • 4,496 Views
    • 37 Comments
  • 4. The Word of Man
    • 4,465 Words
    • 4,558 Views
    • 35 Comments
  • 5. Hope
    • 4,209 Words
    • 4,338 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 6. The Devil
    • 1,021 Words
    • 4,319 Views
    • 50 Comments
  • 7. Speaking
    • 4,479 Words
    • 4,476 Views
    • 49 Comments
  • 8. Growth
    • 4,201 Words
    • 4,239 Views
    • 42 Comments
  • 9. Connection
    • 4,610 Words
    • 4,945 Views
    • 35 Comments
  • 10. Worthy
    • 4,682 Words
    • 4,313 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 11. Trust
    • 3,808 Words
    • 5,270 Views
    • 60 Comments
  • 12. Thanksgiving
    • 3,972 Words
    • 4,467 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 13. Sacrifice
    • 4,277 Words
    • 4,405 Views
    • 45 Comments
  • 14. Family
    • 1,426 Words
    • 5,147 Views
    • 69 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cane23

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I've read this beautifully written, emotional and heartwarming story right after Guarded motivated by the appearance of some beloved characters from first instalment. It's the story of two broken man, one with physical disability and other one with emotional disability. Both of them believes that they are not good enough for each other, that baggage they wear is too heavy for other one to share it. But, as story develops, we see how good they are for each other, the healing together make them different man at the end of the story, make them stronger and sheltered by love. I've been sobbing at some parts of the tale, touched by the emotions author has delivered in most wonderful ways.

Meeting the new characters from the Camp Refuge saga, has made me eager to read other instalments of this amazing world @Wayne Gray created!  

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Big bad mafia monster Harlan meets his match when he is assigned to protect the budding artist Elias.  Harlan is welcomed to Camp Refuge when he comes home to help his ailing father.  He stays when his boss assigns Harlan to protect the teen artist Elias.  Through many adventures he becomes a fixture at the camp.  The changes in Harlan is a beautiful story.  There is adventure, love, healing and danger.  This book is well written and I was impressed by the excellent dialogue filled with wisdom, humor and great passion.  A awesome read that can stand alone.  However, you will find it even better if you read the entire Camp Refuge series from the beginning.  

Response from the author:

My sincere thanks for the nice review. This tale continued the stories of many characters we know, but chief among those is Harlan.

I’m glad you enjoyed his journey so far.

  • Love 3
Link to review
Sherye Story Reader

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Here is a author who can keep you in suspense, but keep you in lust or in tears. He can also keep you interested in every way his story goes, whether it is something that can be violent, loving, protective, or understanding of the true nature of any talented author. He is that talented. Even his voice is that amazing!

Response from the author:

Thanks for reading, commenting, and for the review!

This story was something totally new for me. Bailey and his particular trial made for an interesting challenge, then everything else in the tale too. I do think it came out well, and I appreciate that you and others enjoyed it.

  • Love 3
Link to review
vonfoto

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Another lovely story!

Response from the author:

Thanks for stopping to leave a review, vonfoto!

I'm really happy you enjoyed this one. I liked the challenge of writing a mute character, though it was absolutely challenging - particularly early on when no one at the camp could hold a conversation with Bailey. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Gary L

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A lovely tale in its own right. Bailey's situation reminds me of the terrible rate of infection for gays like him from AIDS in UK during the mid-late 80's.  A real loss.

thank you.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Gary.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the story, and that you'd take the time to review it!

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Wayne invites us back to Camp Refuge in this the third part of the saga.

We meet some familiar faces on journey back into our favourite campsite.

But we also meet a  new guest Bailey, he's a quiet individual who keeps to himself. Unknown to Bailey he attracts the attention of Harlan, who has his own issues. 

Bailey and Harlan both have issues to get over, but there journeys are worth it.

Camp Refuge is a joyous place that helps all who stumble upon it.

Another fantastic tale from Wayne, highly recommended.

Response from the author:

Thank you, chris.

I'm really happy you liked the story. I appreciate that you've followed my work, including this one. Thanks for taking the time to review it. That means a lot. 🙂

  • Love 5
Link to review
kbois

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Once again Wayne has brought us into the wonderful world that belongs to Camp Refuge. 

Bailey's past hardships have made him approach life in a whole new way. One that is not always easy. 

Harlan past transgressions affect his ability to feel worthy of being loved.

These two have some hurdles to get over, but the journey is worth it. 

There's also the added bonus of some old friends as well as the addition of some newcomers to the Camp. 

Wayne intertwines the lives of all those who are lucky enough to happen upon Camp Refuge. 

Well done!

Response from the author:

Thanks, kbois.

Each time we come back to the campground I want readers to be reminded of the goodness in this group, and I want them to see the mission of the campground go on to include everyone who steps foot there - even Bailey and Harlan. I'm glad it feels that way to you.

Thanks again for the wonderful review. I appreciate it.
  • Love 5
Link to review
Former Member

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A Silent Song has one major flaw: it’s much too short. It’s not that it feels rushed or anything. It’s just that you grow to love the characters so much that you’re not ready to leave them when the story ends. (Oh, and the title’s acronym seems rather inappropriate!)
;–)

We return to Camp Refuge and meet a handful of new characters as well as revisiting familiar favorites. We see growth and some surprising changes. And we feel the love and community that Greg has created in his corner of remote Far Northern California.

Wayne has skillfully crafted a rich and beautiful world. Thorne’s editing has made reading this story a pleasure you won’t want to miss. When you read A Silent Song, you’ll join the chorus (sorry) begging for more!

Response from the author:

Thank you, droughtquake.

I'm rather partial to my little cast of characters myself, so I am happy that you feel attached to them as well.

You're right about Thorn's editing. He really makes my work read much better, and allows the reader to focus on the story and not the words. The forest is far more beautiful than the trees, and his editing makes the trees fade into the background of the whole. 🙂

We'll see our friends at the camp again. I hope to see you there when we do.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..